Message Board RPG Chpt. 3, "Sneak Attack!"

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Rando, Oct 2, 2000.

  1. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Thradin, Johnathan And Belch -
    I ahve no idea what everyone else is doing, but is they have not posted in the next couple of days, their characters are going to be eaten by giant fleas or mutant mice or something.
    Let us remember in that very first thread I put up weeks ago, I DO NOT WANT PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING TO POST ONE OR TWO DAYS AND THEN WE NEVER HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN. My thanks to those who are loyal. Two days, tick tick tick. But I digress...

    As you sit in the abandoned inn enjoying your meal, there comes from the direction of the dock a great explosion! You can hear chunks of debris fall all around the town, and you hear the screams of the sailors, most noticably little Johnny the look-out boy. It would seem that for some strange reason, his voice sounds very close. What do you do?
  2. sageridder Legendary Cpa Member

    "let's go."
    *I drop the food,grab my axe and open the door.What do i see?*
  3. Whimsical Adorable Sliver

    <stop screaming at the minotaur, fumble for my sword ... and peer out the window to see just what the beebles is going on out there...> :D
  4. Major Crime New Member

    *Sorry about out of place post on last chapter, forgot to read second page!

    On hearing large explosion, decide to get fully armed, so unpack the all metal bow, & string it with some cursing.
    [Takes two minutes to string bow]
    shouts at the rest of the party to get back in here, as I expect bits of the boat to start raining down.
    *I've a healing pack in my pack, if it's needed. I'm back on for 5min in 1h10.
  5. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Belch, Johnathan W., Snotgoblin and Thradin -
    The minotaur opens the door. There out in the street is the broken body of Johnny the look-out. It would seem that on leg is gone and both arms are broken, and there is a tremendous gash across his forehead. He looks your way with empty, dazed eyes, a small trail of blood trickling down his chin and onto the coblestone street. He is breathing, but it is labored.

    To Kyriani-
    Looking out of the window towards the dock, you see half of the docks in flames and the good ship Titan sinking into the bay. It has been blown apart and is on fire. You can see the bodies of 3 of the sailors littering the docks. The 4th sailor and the captain are no where to be seen.


    [Edited by Rando on October 2nd, 2000 at 11:20 AM]
  6. Almindhra Magic's Bitch

    Almindhra laughs at the explosion...It was pretty neat looking...Fwoom, daggers in hand now...She noticed the sound of the wee lil' Johnny and peers outside of the inn...
  7. Whimsical Adorable Sliver

    Omigod! What's going on?! What happened to the ship?!

    GM Query: Any sign of whatever did it? Flutter of wings? Stink of sulfur? Giggling sahuagin in the water? <laughs> Okay, maybe not the giggling sahuagin... :D

    <decides to wait and see what the REAL warriors will do...>
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    * Thradin also draws his sword and leaves the inn, heading towards the docks *
  9. sageridder Legendary Cpa Member

    I grab up little johnnie lay him on a table in the inn,and cast healing on him.After that if he can speak i ask what happened.as i continue to bandage him up.


    [Edited by sageridder on October 2nd, 2000 at 12:22 PM]
  10. Major Crime New Member

    Finished stringing bow, help out Sagridder.
    {Thinks, did any fish get blown out of the harbour, I could do with a snack}

    *That's me finished for the day, I'm off to give an animal talk to a group of DofE students. See you tomorrow.
  11. Whimsical Adorable Sliver

    <faints at the sight of all that blood>

    OOC: G'night, y'all!
  12. Melkor Active Member

    Jonathan draws his cutlass and leaps out of the inn, looks both ways and up, then (provided he doesn't see anything major) heads towards the docks with all possible speed.
  13. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Snotgoblin and Belch -
    You bring little johnny into the inn and place him on the table. He begins to shake and convulse and must be restrained to keep him on the table. Once the healing spell takes effect, he calms a little and looks up at the two of you. "They...came in...the...water. ...skin...grey...eyes as black as hell..." He trails off and then his eyes close and his head slumps to the side. It would seem that the spell was too little too late.

    To Johnathan W. -
    You see nothing near the inn. As you head to the dock, you see that the ship is now sunken completly. Ariving at the dock, you see in the water several humanoid shapes swiming away north, following the coast. They soon climb out onto the beach several hundred yards from the docks and disapear on the otherside of the wall that encircles the city. You then hear a groan coming from underneath the peer. It sounds like the captain. Looking over the side, you see Captain Hedgeway clinging to a post, half out of the water. He is alive but hurt. The fires on the docks are starting to spread towards the city.
  14. sageridder Legendary Cpa Member

    *I turn to snotgoblin and say*
    "Damn dirty stinkin humans."
    *I grab my axe and run headlong down to the docks hopeing there is somthing left for me.*
  15. Melkor Active Member

    I want to try and help Hedgeway out of the water, how far down is he? If I can reach him I'll try and pull him up, otherwise I'll look for a long enough stick and shout for some help to get him out.
  16. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Johnathan W. -
    The Cap'n is about 20 or 30 feet down. Also, there is all kinds or mooring rope sitting around on the docks.
  17. Melkor Active Member

    (By the way, I apologize for switching freely between first and third person if that bugs anyone)

    I'm going to try to find a long line of rope, long enough to get down there. "Captain Hedgeway! Answer me if you can. If I toss down some rope, can you hold on and get lifted up?"

    How far am I from the inn by the way? I want to try and obtain the help from some of the stronger people, the minotaur and the dwarf seem prime specimens. If the Captain seems to have enough strength to hold on to the rope then I'll wait for the others and pull him out. If not then maybe we can lower one of us down on the rope to pull him out.
  18. sageridder Legendary Cpa Member

    (unless told otherwise)*I reach the docks in a rage.it takes jonthan a few seconds to make me understand what is going on.I open a small sack attched to my belt and pull out the end of a rope,I tie a loop in it large enough to fit around the capt. and lower enough lenght for it to reach him."put it around your chest"if he cannot i will offer to lower jonathan to assist him.*
    As I'm doing this i say to jonathan "you wanted to know about the outcamps.You just got firsthand experance of their savagery.This time they were organized though,musta been Kurnz's doing.I think you and I need to talk."*I stare at jonathan watching for any emotional responce.*
  19. Major Crime New Member

    I check Whimsical as I run passed, put into recover position.
    Run on down to the dock, open hands to show webs, "As I'm an over good swimmer, I'll go in & help the Captain. All so I'm willing to swim down to the wreck & look for clues."

    [Note: I said at start can hold breath at surface or depths for 15 minutes, need about 5 to 6 breaths & can repeat.]
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    * Thradin was heading towards the docks too! I'll assume I see everything everyone else does there. *

    * Since everyone seems to have aiding Hedgeway under control, Thradin'll start carrying buckets of water to put out the dock fires *

Share This Page