Membership drive

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Spiderman said:
It's really only started recently though (like the month of June or maybe late May) - before then, there wasn't anything since February or March.
Maybe it'll be an incentive to write... I see no downside (because I don't have to do the work, ha!), I think the articles show what's going on here. I doubt there's anything else that could draw more attention to CPA.

Well, a party with free booze and topless chicks, but I doubt that's going to happen. At least not any time soon.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, I agree. I'm just not sure what Ed's schedule is to make any changes...

I think Mooseman or Ransac was trying to get supersoakers and t-shirt clad chicks here sometime last month... :D

M

mythosx

Where can I learn how to program? I wouldnt mind taking a crack at it.

On another note? How many other people are on a social networking site such as facebook? Can we market on there? By making an affiliated club or even an application that delivers front page articles to people who use that application?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Beats me where you can learn to program. I would say start with HTML and I'm sure there's several programming sites to learn that, but not sure if Ed added anything extra. For instance, there's some system to add, review, and post articles and replies but I'm not exactly sure how it works - I just use it. Since Ed wrote the site, he'd be the one to ask.

I don't use any social networking site. Not enough time (the CPA is pretty much my network site :) ) and I don't like giving that much info out about me plus I'm not that interesting anyways ;)

B

Budget Player Cadet

www.w3schools.com

That's what I'm working with.

But I still have a lot to learn. For example, how to get something at the top of each page on my forum. Or what CSS is.

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Spiderman said:
I would say start with HTML and I'm sure there's several programming sites to learn that, but not sure if Ed added anything extra.
HTML is an antic programming language that's hardly used for web pages anymore. This website is made with vB, special commercial forum software. There are addons for vB, like for the RSS-reader that is needed (I guess). But, like you say, that's probably something Ed has to implement. Who's the person appropriated to poke Ed when he's needed?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
See, shows how much I know about programming web pages :)

I guess I could poke Ed but really, anyone (like yourself) can send him a PM. He's not unreachable to the "masses" :)

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
TBH, that's about all I know about forum software ;) In other news, the poking mission has been completed.

D

DarthFerret

Budget Player Cadet said:
www.w3schools.com

That's what I'm working with.

But I still have a lot to learn. For example, how to get something at the top of each page on my forum. Or what CSS is.

If you are using HTML, or any derivitive thereof, you need to use frames to keep something at the top of each web page.