Membership drive

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
We need more people to haunt this site. A few people have gotten busy with life and work, which is way cool, but to keep this site active, we need more people to post, write, play and spam Ransac......

I propose a membership drive with the CPA'er with the most new folks getting...hmmmmm.... Oh heck, I'll put together a set of pre-release magic cards..... gotta see which ones I have dups of...

What does everyone else think?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I think we need to frequent local shops and get casual players there to join on.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'll nominate Mooseman to go to all of our local shops.... all of them.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Killer Joe

Ranny, who did you ever get to join this site? (non-relatives) :D

My list of celebs:
~Houts
~DUke
~Almindhra
~Youngbeard
~Mooseman
~Team CMU aka RealThing (back when I said something bad about the team circa 2001) :eek:
~At least TWO stalker students
~I even got John "friggin'" Rizzo to stop by a few times back when he lived in Pittsburgh :p

Hey, I didn't say the list was 'pretty' :p

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I can't remember who I got, but I got 7 referrals. I can get them to come here, but you guys are too boring to keep them around.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Impressive KJ, but I'm the only one that's left......

I just would like a concentrated effort to attract a few more members to keep this active.....

I will try to invite people I know that may enjoy this site and may stay for a long while.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!! I say that KJ gets -12 referrals for bringing HOUTS here.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't visit any shops in real life, but I have mentioned the site on other sites where I mention Magic or play...

I think an additional thing is that we need to "follow up" on any members that DO arrive. We had Venton post a couple times in the Deck section but no one really responded. So if we don't help/interact with new people, getting them to come by isn't going to help if they don't feel like it's worth it.

T

train

Spidey's right...

It is hard to keep someone arond if no attention is paid to them...

Ransc - I know you're a student, and poor - but do you have enough money to pay attention to the newcomers?... ;)

I know I mentioned it locally - but most here are tourney enthusiasts, and even Hatter thought about it, but already spends time on other boards... so pulling is kind of hard for most with already active E-lives...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'd love to pay attention to the newcomers. I comment on their deck postings when I feel I have something worth contributing. Unfortunately, my knowledge of the Magic card pool dwindled when I left the game during Mirrodin/Kamigawa time, so I don't feel I can adequately critique most ideas.

I'd really like for the newer members to just jump into playing games with us.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
See, that may be part of the problem. I think only a couple of us still play Magic with the new sets (Mooseman and KJ come to mind). I think newcomers don't know about the games we play on the forums, because it's a new idea (does any other site do this kind of thing?) and if they do stay around to find out about it, they might feel a bit intimidated by playing with the "established" folks, you know?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
To any lurkers that are reading this thread: YOU CAN BEAT US!!!!!!! I'm NOT THAT GOOD AT THE GAME!!!!! MOOSEMAN IS EVEN WORSE!!!!!! SPIDEY DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT MANA IS!!!!!!!! Melkor will probably beat you. OVERSOUL IS FRIGHTENED BY MOUNTAINS!!!!!!

Play us and you'll find out!

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

Did someone let Ransac out of the paded room again?...

I currently play with the new sets but I don't have as much time on here lately...

Just remember ransac - if there are creatures in their decks - remind them to use Coat...

Y

YoungBeard

Maybe we should promote at some of the big game cons, pass out some flyers and stuff on the info tables. At Origins there used to be a casual group from Compuserve that met in the big glass hall that connects the hotel to the convention center. Their games were open to all, I believe. Dunno if they are still around since I haven't been to Origins in a few years. But hope to go this year.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a good idea, but I don't know if enough of us actually go to a -con to make an impression...