McCain - Straight Talk Express

D

DarthFerret

Did not say you blamed in there, but read the posts under the vid. They sure seem to. Not sure what the Czech thing is as they are 2 different countries, but I am sure you will inform me. Kinda neat how a single vid of McCain gets this much coverage, but all of the oops ones (I have posted a few) get nada. Hmm.. Left-wing media bias?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
DarthFerret said:
Did not say you blamed in there, but read the posts under the vid. They sure seem to. Not sure what the Czech thing is as they are 2 different countries, but I am sure you will inform me.
Youtube video comment fields are, not counting IMDb message boards, the bottom of the internet. Read them at your own risk and prepare to see some inane and barely intelligible drivel.

As for Czechoslovakia: From 1918 to 1993, there was a country called Czechoslovakia (before 1918 it was part of Austria-Hungary and, as your are probably aware in 1993 it split into the Czech republic and Slovakia). John McCain has on two recent occasions referred to Czechoslovakia as though it was still a single country even though he knows better. Sure seems like senility to me.

Kinda neat how a single vid of McCain gets this much coverage, but all of the oops ones (I have posted a few) get nada. Hmm.. Left-wing media bias?
Maybe. I don't know. This is the web. Things don't really get "coverage" in the sense that things on television do, and I don't watch television at all, so I'm not sure what's getting coverage on that medium these days.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
DarthFerret said:
Kinda neat how a single vid of McCain gets this much coverage, but all of the oops ones (I have posted a few) get nada. Hmm.. Left-wing media bias?
Seems more like right-wing media watching bias..... :D
I haven't seen anything about this and I read CNN, some FOXNews, WSJ, Yahoonews, NY Times, and a few others on the web.... But then again, i can't watch videos online while at work....

D

DarthFerret

Join the club. My work server does not allow any kind of streaming videos. I also do not have television reception at home (too cheap to pay for cable that I never watch anyway). Most of my news comes from the Houston Chronicle, and Walls Street Journal (some from news on radio). I see a bunch of stuff negative about McCain (and some of Hillary when she was still around), but almost nothing negative about Hussein...er..Obama. Most of the stuff I see about Obama that has a negative context to it is from Conservative sites. But, maybe that is as it should be. Did hear a clip of Obama stammering and stuttering for at least 10 seconds straight while trying to answer a question. Was kinda funny. But then, I have discovered that, no matter what political affiliation a person has, usually most of them have poor speaking skills (watch C-Span sometime....it is funny).

Killer Joe

Comcast (my cable company) recently moved the only left-wing news sation (MSNBC) from channel 31 to 183 but left CNN, Headline News and Fox News in their normal slots (ch 32, 33 & 34). I have to get extended cable in my basement to get it. So I've been watching more CNN than anything else and I NEVER seem to hear much about Obama. w-e-i-r-d............

Did he go somewhere recently? :confused: ;)

Killer Joe

Fortunately I can still get that pesky N.P.R. newscast. :D

On a note: Honestly, it gets worse every week, Obama is getting ahead in opinion polls while McCain is getting left behind. Not fair at all if you ask me; McCain ought to be getting far more support than he is, cripe "W" seems to have more support than McCain does. What's wrong with this picture? If Obama wins this election I don't think it's because he's necessarily the best candidate for the job (and that's comming from a registered Democrat!!!)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If Obama wins this election I don't think it's because he's necessarily the best candidate for the job
But all he has to do is be perceived as being better than McCain...

D

DarthFerret

FYI CNN is also left-wing (so is Headline news). FOX does have more a conservative bias to it.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
DarthFerret said:
FYI CNN is also left-wing (so is Headline news). FOX does have more a conservative bias to it.
Are you saying Lou Dobbs is left-wing????? :eek:
If CNN is left-wing then Fox is right-wing.....

Killer Joe

I would call CNN (& Headline News) soft right wing (moderate). MSNBC is a solid left-wing network regardless of some of it's so called right-wing hosts and guests like Joe Scarborough, Pat Buchannan & Dan Abrhams (these guys are left-wingers no ifs, ands, or buts) But that's why I like them.

I now surf Fox News because I'm beginning to realize that they have way HOTTER news anchorwomen than any other cable network station (I"m sorry, but Rachel Maddow from Air America and sometime host of Countdown with Keith Olbermann is NOT hot).

Obama seems to be getting smacked by both the right and left what with his flip-flopping on the off-shore oil drilling idea. I say let's frill before China buys up all the rights to drill in our waters or neighbors waters like Cuba. Technology for drilling is way better and cleaner than ever before so why not? Dump ethynol right the hell now so we all can eat cheaper beef and chicken!!!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Killer Joe said:
Dump ethynol right the hell now so we all can eat cheaper beef and chicken!!!
Actually, at least cattle are being fed with the co-product (What's left of the corn after the ethynol process), it's lots of protean and stuff, just no sugars. Try watching American Chopper once in a while....... :D