McCain - Straight Talk Express

Killer Joe

So McCain is STILL leading over either democrat in a general election poll. Why then, the big broohaha about the dem nominee? ;) :p

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Mooseman said:
Actually, it's not bad, just boring...... IMHO...... :D
To each his own. Football is pretty boring. But I don't want to ban it or anything. I just don't care to watch it.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Yeah! You're supposed to say "I find football boring because of the Pittsburgh Steelers."

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Even when the Steelers beat the Browns for the 500,000th time in a row, it still doesn't get boring....... And no one can say that watching the Pats lose to the Giants in the SB was at all boring........

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Your Pittsburgh mind still doesn't comprehend the concept that I don't give two oinks about the Browns. I'm a Seahawks fan. Yes.... the same Seahawks that the Steelers beat (with a little ref help) in the Superbowl a few years back. Yes, the same Seahawks that have won their division four years in a row. AND, the same Seahawks that paid their QB over a $100 million as a reward for being an incompitent fool by throw himself off of his motorcycle..... oh wait.... my bad. That was the Steelers.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
the same Seahawks that the Steelers beat (with a little ref help) in the Superbowl a few years back.
Waa, Waa, Waa..... Do you want some cheese with that whine? Yes, the refs were incompetent, but your 'Hawks lost that game all by themselves.... uh, dropped TD pass and more from your over paid receiver......

BTW - I never heard Charlie Daniels ever sing the line "Put you hand on a Seattle Seahawks fan"........

Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled thread......

VOTE MCCAIN.....

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Killer Joe said:
*GASP!*

Never say that to a STEELER fan!!!! :eek:
What are they going to do? Don a helmet and armor and tackle me? I'll just armbar them. :p

Ransac: Isn't there are football team in Cleveland? I'm pretty sure there is.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Oversoul said:
What are they going to do? Don a helmet and armor and tackle me? I'll just armbar them. :p
Actually, we will hunt you down and shot at you while you are in a helicopter........

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Huh? Shot isn't usually a present-tense verb. I checked on the OED and came up with some definitions, but I'm not sure which one you meant...

"1. intr. ? To participate or consort with. Obs."

I know you're old, but I didn't think you were old enough to be using terms from Old English. Also, it doesn't sound particularly threatening.

"2. trans. To load (a fire-arm) with shot."

But I'm NOT a firearm. Are you saying you'll force-feed me lead balls until I am full of them? That's pretty harsh.

"3. To weight by attaching a shot or shots, so as to cause to sink in water."

This one is threatening. But you already said I'd be in a helicopter. Is the helicopter in water? That seems bad enough for me already if I'm in a helicopter in the water. Or maybe you'll take me in the helicopter, shot me, and then throw me into the water? Why not just say that you'd tie weights to me and throw me in a large body of water? That would be less esoteric and I really don't think I care about the details like being thrown from helicopter rather than a pier or boat and the type of weight being used to drown me being shot rather than anvils or horseshoes...

"4. To supply with shot."

Ha. That won't hurt me at all.

"5. To wound or hit with shot."

Wouldn't it bounce off the helicopter if you just throw it? If you're shooting it, why not just say so? Or did this extra information tell me that you'll be using shotguns instead of rifles? Again, I don't think I care about this point.

"6. a. slang. To give (a horse) a dose of small shot so as to make it appear sound-winded. (Cf. SHOT n.1 15b.)"

Uh, I'm not a horse?

"b. To clean (bottles) by partially filling with shot and shaking."

I'm not a bottle. And trying to do this to me would just be weird.

"7. To variegate in weaving."

Oh crap. Please don't!

Killer Joe

Anyone catch McCain's speech today brow-beating the housing lenders? I felt for the first time in a while one of the candidates were saying something I could understand. he basically was explaining why the market is such a mess and that he doesn't want the government to bail-out the financial lenders.

YAHOO!!!!

The people got screwed by the housing lenders now let them suffer. How about zero percent interest on housing loans for the next three years?! Or whatever they can do to help clean up their sub-lending debacle.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ransac said:
Yeah, there is one. Doesn't mean I'm a fan.
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to be a Seahawks fan if you don't live in Washington...

If Ransac disappears, we'll know he's in jail... :p

EDIT: I would totally have posted already in the Rebel thread if I hadn't gotten KJ's PM. While I applaud his concern for your health, now I HAVE to make this last at least a little longer. Sorry KJ, but you caught me in an evil moment. :p

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm just trying to spread the Seahawk love nation-wide, man. You're post count is freaking me out, though: 6,666.

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DarthFerret

Sorry Ransac, but your Seahawk love will never penetrate this Packers and Texans fan. By the way, are you guys still using that turn-coat coach? <snicker>

I heard a breif blurb earlier today about the above mentioned McCain comment, but did not get any details. Probably because for the rest of this week I am stuck in Oakland CA for a training camp, and all this smog is starting to rot my brain....

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It's not OUR fault that you guys didn't want to pay Holmgren what he was worth.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I did read an article about that and he said a lot of things I feel are correct...... Something like, "If you were trying to make money on realestate and are having problems, the government is not bailing you out.... lenders, flippers, speculators are all on your own...... that's the way the market works.... you took the risk, now pay the price........ if you bought to much house for what you can afford, then the government will help you, but just enough to get out from under it and into something you can afford and if you lose equity .... tough toilet paper...."

D

DarthFerret

That was one thing I never would have thought would come up about McCain. He has an excellent Military background, and for anyone in the Obama camp to bring it up is almost political suicide.