McCain - Straight Talk Express

Killer Joe

I like McCain, I really like how he was basically *written-off* as a serious candidate last year and then came back to become the nominee for the RNC. That said, I think the media ought to lay-off of him. They've been beating up on him alot lately and it doesn't seem right.

In the general election if Clinton isn't on the DNC ticket then I'm a McCain man all the way.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
You, sir, are a turncoat liberal and a traitor to the Democratic party........ :eek:

Di anyone hear the radio ad spot for Oboma? In Pa, he tells people that they have until the the 24th of this month to change their affiliation to Democrat and vote for him...... wow, is he full of himself..... I may register Republican just to spite him.....

R

rokapoke

A friend of mine here at school is trying to talk everybody into registering Democrat just to stick it to Clinton. I refuse, because dammit, I don't want to be a Democrat!

And, I think it's terrible to manipulate the system like that.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I've been a really big McCain fan since 2000. I'm voting for him regardless of who wins the Dem nomination. I don't know that I've really seen him take any media bashing, though. At least not more than any other candidate. (Oh, and in case this is what you're referring to: Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity are not member of the media. They're entertainers and anything they disagree with is probably right.)

I don't see why any Republican would switch parties to vote for Obama. He's much more liberal than Clinton. Although, as someone who joined a party just to vote in primaries, I couldn't really blame anyone who did so. It's nice to feel like your vote makes a difference.

@ rokapoke: Why don't you want to be a Democrat, if the sole purpose is to vote in a primary? What difference does it make?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Aren't Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity on "News" stations? MSNBC or Fox or something like that?
They definitely pretend to be news reporters.

I have been a McCain supporter since before 2000 and have even contributed to his campaign. I just don't think Clinton or Oboma have a chance to win against McCain, unless the far right decides to sabotage this election and try for a more right-wing candidate in 2012..... which I could see them doing....

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
McCain's a good choice. Obama's a slightly better choice. Hillary is an evil, lecherous fiend that eats small babies for breakfast and beats up homeless people for lunch.... and is a man.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Why is Oboma a better choice or even a good choice at all? Really, I'd like to hear why... so far all I've heard from him is "CHANGE", change to what?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
My reasons are personal. I hate Hillary beyond all belief. There is no one definitive reason why I hate her so much, but this has been the case for 10 years or so. If she is elected president, I am more than happy to jump/swim Lake Erie to avoid being under her "rule."

Personally, I do like McCain the best (my views ARE slanted more towards the conservative end), but I think that having a Democrat in power is the best course of action for the next 4 years. I like it balanced (Democrat - Republican - Democrat - Republican, etc.)

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So, Oboma isn't really the best for the job, he's just not a Clinton or a Republican...... interesting....... doesn't mean anything to me at all, but interesting to see how others think about electing a president......
Hell, I've flipped a coin before (Bush the older and some guy from the NE????)....

I actually think Clinton might make a good president, but I don't she can get people to work for her or her goals.... you can have the greatest ideas, but if no one is backing your play the idea does nothing......

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Mooseman said:
So, Oboma isn't really the best for the job, he's just not a Clinton or a Republican...
It has nothing to do with being a Clinton. Bill was a great president! Hillary is an errant whore than enjoys having sex with young girls in order to steal their youth (it doesn't work).

Ransac, cpa trash man

Killer Joe

I REALLY like that Joe Leiberman has been hanging around McCain lately. I could see him being a running mate (VP) on the RNC ticket.

Obama is a supurb orator (good speaker?) but I would like to hear him say more details about his commitment to issues like health care, the war and such. All I hear him saying is Kum-Bah-Yah!

I AM a democrat but voted this way in the past:
1980 - Carter
1984 - Reagan
1988 - Bush Sr. (No way for Dukakis!)
1992 - Clinton
1996 - Clinton
2000 - Gore
2004 - Kerry
2008 - ???

I do believe in some liberal idealolgy like welfare (but NOT permanantly), Unions (but not for lazy jerks who milk the system), helping forign countries (but not ones that blatantly stab us in the back), and other such things. I am more moderate than I'd like to think, I always liked to think of myself as liberal but the older I get the more 'moderate' I begin to see things.

As for the "far right" (and I mean the SCARY far right), well, that's pretty much what keeps me on the left-of-center side of things. :eek:
The Rick Santorum-types are just sickening!

McCain is NOT of that far-right influence and I like his realistic notion of the war situation and how we may have to stay there to clean up our mess (okay, Georgies mess). A 10 year withdrawl plan or such is realistic but a 18 month pull-out or less is not so realistic (Clinton/Obama).

I have long since gotten over the whole "No woman is ever going to be in charge of me" phobia so Hillary is cool with me there and besides; who would I rather have facing down Osama Bin Laden? Obama or "Hillary is an evil, lecherous fiend that eats small babies for breakfast and beats up homeless people for lunch.... and is a man." :D

I only have one thing to say about Anne Coultergiest: She's ~H~O~T~!!!! :cool:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Killer Joe said:
I REALLY like that Joe Leiberman has been hanging around McCain lately. I could see him being a running mate (VP) on the RNC ticket.
I don't see that happening. McCain already appeals to moderate democrats (same as Leiberman). I think he's going to pick a running mate who's going to charge up the ultra-conservative base and get them out to vote. I suspect he might take someone from within the Bush admin (best case scenario: Colin Powell or Condi Rice) or a conservative governor/senator from a battleground state, like Florida or Ohio.

D

DarthFerret

I am pretty much a staunch conservative (if you had not figured that out yet), and I have no one to vote for. In our primary, I voted Huckaby (did not cross over to Clinton or O'bama no matter how funny I thought that was). McCain is not as conservative as I would like to see, especially to balance out the majority liberal congress. However, the question that no one is asking is this:

Will Congress stay in the hands of the Democrat party after the 2008 elections?

There is a slim possiblity (numerically speaking) that the Republican party can win enough seats to hold a majority in both the Senate and the House. So much attention is given to the Presidential nomination, that people that are running for congress are kinda glossed over (unless, of course, they do something monumentally stupid such as hire out a $1000.00 / hour call girl).

I have no clue of what message O'bama is trying to send out (change?). I am also a bit afraid of who it is he might appoint to various positions of power if he takes the office. (His pastor?..ok .. low blow, but hey, this piece is meant to be taken lightly)

Additionally I have no clue who Clinton would put in those positions of power as well. (Is Bill eligible for any of them?).

At least with McCain, I can rest assured that most of his appointees will be fairly well-qualified individuals.

Ok, that is all.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
DarthFerret said:
At least with McCain, I can rest assured that most of his appointees will be fairly well-qualified individuals.
Unlike the current administration..... hahaha

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
McCain scares me. I don't even know that much about him. But I'm an MMA fan and the way he used to go after it makes me think he's definitely not someone I want to see have more power.

Killer Joe

Oversoul said:
McCain scares me. I don't even know that much about him. But I'm an MMA fan and the way he used to go after it makes me think he's definitely not someone I want to see have more power.
MMA = Mixed Martial Arts?

Gina Cararo (aka CRUSH) is my FAV!!!!! :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yes, mixed martial arts. It's a lot more regulated than when McCain was particularly attacking it (at least when that got the most attention--I don't know if he's mentioned it at all recently). But still, the whole crux of his argument was "OMG human cockfighting! That has to stop because it's bad. It's bad because, uh, it's bad."