Matrix: Reloaded, heh?

N

Nightstalkers

why not make another atlantis movie? It makes so much sense!

Mo Money Mo Money Mo Mo Money Mo Money Mo Mo Money

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I think all those "direct to video" sequels is a dopey idea. I'm sure it's a money-maker and all that, but it just has the feel of pumping them out without any regard to story or keeping to the standards of the original :(

E

EricBess

Spidey, they aren't keeping the same standards as the original. In fact, nearly all of the direct to video/DVD movies released by Disney are created as training tools to train new artists. Disney was doing stuff like this anyway and yes, they decided that they would actually see if they could make money from their training department.

As far as the storyline, I'm sure that the people behind the stories have seen the original movies, but I doubt they really pay that much attention, as you say.

T

train

I'll show them a training department...

"Show them what a side-step crescent kick is girls!...":)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Really? I didn't know they were made from the training department... I just thought the original artists (for the most part) just dashed off their work in "their spare time" or as quick as possible to get it out of the way :)

N

Nightstalkers

train should like the Matrix Reloaded pc game then ;)

You get this stuff called focus, and use it to do them great stunts. I love getting nine or ten really nice blistering punches into the guards :D

E

EricBess

I'll see if I can find something on it, but I read something about it in the paper back when they were doing all of the Aladin "sequels".

C

Chaos Turtle

I was actually kind of annoyed by the first Matrix film. I grew to like it a little more over the years.

So I wasn't expecting much besides lots of action and special effects. I was not let down in that regard. That car chase was, as they say, "off tha chain."

The storyline itself was as murky and confusing as in the first movie. Actually, moreso. I felt like I should have read chapters 2-5 in my Matrix textbook before coming; perhaps I should have brought some note-taking materials along. I hope there's not going to be a test...(And I'm a pretty smart guy! I feel kinda bad for all the stupid people who must have felt hopelessly befuddled by all that pseudo-Eastern philosophy talk.)

Anyways, I liked the movie just fine.

Check out www.animatrix.com though. You can see 4 of the 9 Animatrix shorts there. They are actually worth downloading and seeing. All of the shorts will be collected on a DVD in June. Get them or make one of your friends get them.

And 100 points to Mr.Pestilence for that "The Warriors" reference!

CAN YOU DIG IT!?!?!?

N

Nightstalkers

GAA!

*Smacks turtle on the shell with sledge hammer*

that was definitely not the right site. Animatrix is a nice menagery of imagery and other such beautiful sights... Its a wonder you haven't mentioned it before.

Try the Matrix Reloaded GAME!!! its as fun as that star wars jedi outcast was.... What!? I like bouncing off walls and killing things with old style weapons. Fists and lazer swords are always the best way to kill.