Matrix: Reloaded, heh?

A

Apollo

I saw it tonight and really liked it. It wasn't the first one, sure, but it was a blast.

M

Mr_Pestilence

The Matrix: Reloaded stinks.

Did the creators even SEE the first movie? The sequel has none of the edge, the originality, or for want of a better phrase, the "coolness" of the first movie.

Carrie Moss is fabulous, and even Agent Smith is very good.

Particular gripes:

***** SPOILER WARNING!!! PLOT DETAILS DISCUSSED!!! *****

1. What's with all the hand to hand fighting? Yeah, the first hour and a half of each fight are pretty cool, but did they pass some kind of gun control laws for the second movie? Trinity remembered hers, but everybody else seems to have left their guns in their other pants.

2. What's up with the freaky twins? There's no explanation of who they are, where they came from, how their powers work, etc.

3. What's wrong with this picture? "Citizens of Zion, you will all likely be dead within 24 hours - let's rave!!!"

4. The humans are sophisticated enough to digitize and insert themselves into computer programs. Why do they dress like they're from the Road Warrior???

5. The role of Jada Pinkett Smith, replacing Aaliyah - it delayed the movie 2 years to recreate her 3.5 minutes onscreen?

6. OMG, the long, boring speechs. It helps if you can remember "The Warriors", and say to yourself, "Can you dig it?" a few times during Morpheus' speech.

D

DÛke

[semi-spoiling content]

This may sound superficial...

...but I dig the rave scene! Oh! I just wanted to get up and rip my shirt off and start raving...the music just got into me (like always) - I needed to rip something off, I needed to take something off...I had to...I wanted to stand up...I needed to jump...

I didn't know why, but it was the feeling that had overtaken me, that overshook my reason and my "logic" - at the end, it is all about the feeling. ;) (Or something like that...)

...the sex scene...yeah, I know it wasn't original, but with the music, and with the ravers...it was good enough.

The rave came well with Trinity's coming. ;)

The...cli...max...was...per...ha...eh...per...fect...

A

Apollo

OK, the rave part sucked. I'm sorry, but not even the gratuitous nudity made up for the fact that it made no sense. That was my big complaint.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

gratuitous nudity? I wasn't aware there was any in this movie...all the more reason to see it.

N

Nightstalkers

Nudity?!?! Ah, to have a body again...

Rave part sucked, lots of KungFu, and wierd no storied twins with super powers... got it.

A

Aku Necromancer

Do the twins seriously need a story behind them? I didn't mind -- they didn't have all that large of a role...

They were cool, that is all what matters...

Attachments

D

DÛke

The rave has no meaning in itself - but it might posses some symoblic undertones.

You guys think the first Matrix was good...why? Because...?

...I'm beginning to think that we like the first movie for different reasons. You like it because it was "original." That's it. You have no other reason. Or do you?

...did you guys somehow manage to see the religious and sheer philosophical value in the first movie? I hope so - that is the ultimate reason why anyone should perfer the first movie to the second. Now, the first movie did not say anything "outloud," it communicated almost indirectly - it did not tell you it is philosophical, it did not tell you it is religious...it did not say anything about itself: it let the characters and the action speak for all the essence it had. Did you ever think that the rave might be of some value? Just maybe? Or do you just look at its face-value and declare if it is relevant or not? If so...than the first movie is completely stupid, since at face value, it was nothing more than an action movie...

N

Nightstalkers

Don't want to be a grouch or nothin', but the game is about as exhilerating as Star Wars: Jedi Outcast was...

At least you can beat the crap outta the guards :D Thats always fun!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Zhaneel
Am I the only one who doesn't want to see it and doesn't care? And before you ask, I have seen the first one.
Nope, you can add me to the list. Although I haven't seen the first one...

A

Aku Necromancer

Originally posted by Spiderman
Nope, you can add me to the list. Although I haven't seen the first one...
I really encourage you to see it,…

There are few movies coming out this year that actually look or are good -- Legally Blonde II? UGH

And it is best to watch something like this on the big screen...:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I actually have a pretty simple taste in movies and not a lot of time to go to the theater (read: almost none) so really the only movie I'd want to see there right now is Finding Nemo. Others will probably have to wait until DVD (and when they're "free" since a friend has a huge DVD library). :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Pixar has had a great track record so far so I'm willing to trust it enough to go to the theater (if I find time). Probably a matinee though ;)

Z

Zhaneel

Finding Nemo should be fun. I can't wait to see it. Except that I can.

E

EricBess

Yeah. I've enjoyed just about everything Pixar has done. Ironically, Disney's been kind of scraping the bottom on a few of theirs recently. Not nearly the quality that they used to crank out.

T

train

Pixar - aren't they owned by Disney?...

"And yeah - all their shorts and films are good enough to own, to watch over, and over, and over...":D

E

EricBess

I'm not sure. I think they might be a division of Disney, but they are operated separately.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think Pixar is independently operated but their films are produced by Disney (you know, like a game is developed by someone and produced by one of the big names like Infogrames (now Atari) or Hasbro Interactive or something).

I agree about the regular Disney films though, I haven't really wanted to see one of those in a while. I think the last was Tarzan and that was what, around 5 years ago?