Matrix: Reloaded, heh?

D

DÛke

Well, I personally knew that the intellectual and philosophical effort spent on both sequels will not even come close to what the first movie offered - some things are not meant to be duplicated, not even by their authors. Every success is a one time success unless all rules are broken.

From what the negative reviews seem to imply - no rules are broken.

I knew this will happen right after I watched the first movie for the 23rd time.

Still, however, sometimes we go to movies for fun...and as bad as some "critics" are making it sound, no one had denied that it posses high-speed battle sequences and a techno soundtrack to go a long with it - the problem is how repetitive those become within the movie. But again, repetition, here, is what "fun" can mean: fast-paced action adjacent to fast-paced track - sometimes it is hard to resist, no matter how bad it is......

Again, back to the movie's lack of philosophical depth: they should have let me write the scripts.

And with all honesty, I believe that the first movie was only accidentally "philosophical." I do not think the effort was deliberate...I think they had a "rockin" idea, wrote it down, and BooM!!!, it became "The Matrix."

And speaking of The Matrix...

E

EricBess

The Matrix was a concept movie. It was good because it raised all sorts of questions, but didn't really attempt to answer them. It lets the viewer fill in all the gaps, which inspires the imagination.

Now, they are adding the rest of the story and there is really nothing left for the viewer. At least, that's the impression I'm getting from reading the reviews and seeing the trailers.

W

whuppinboy

i'm torn both ways, hoping it will be as good or better than the first one but if some of the trailers i've seen are anything to go by, the action sequences look like crap for some reason. they don't look near as detailed or as smooth as the first movie.

**crosses fingers for the best**

i am also sick of the ads they've been running incorporating the Matrix into. gah, blah and die !

B

BigBlue

The sequels will do OK, as action/adventure type movies... But cannot meet the expectations of the diehard. Much like the SW prequels (though thery really do suck, and I am a SW nut).

For exactly the reasons pointed out on this thread. Take away the interesting premise (which was somewhat original) and you are left with an action movie vis-a-vis "the One". It will do well, but not great at the theatre due to the hype. the third one will probably do ok as well. But the Genie was let out of the bottle the first time. The cool "new" - now overused - bullet-cam, the philosophy of life in a jar...

Maybe they'll pull out something new, but so far I think we'll see another action flick, probably a good one. The diehard (those not watching any previews or trailers... will, IMHO, be let down expecting some earthshattering revelation which is unlikely to happen. The rules have already been laid out, there is no spoon - rules can be broken (which is now expected, so what's the twist?).

N

Nightstalkers

as long as the brothers bring some new special effects to the movie scene, I'll be happy shipping out the how to's just the same.

Mr. Smith is back? wasn;t he the guy that got 'sploaded in the first movie?:confused:?

Oh, and by the way:

Attachments

W

whuppinboy

yup, he got discombobulated :p but then again, he was nothing but a program so it was nothing for the Matrix to reload him. get the puns??? huh huh? lol.

N

Nightstalkers

Like I stated before, as long as there is more of that neat special effects that the Brothers are known for, count the ideas to be copied sometime soon.

A

Aku Necromancer

Originally posted by whuppinboy
... the action sequences look like crap for some reason. they don't look near as detailed or as smooth as the first movie.

Correctamundo…from which was contained in the trailers, the action sequences looked like crap….100% Rhino dung.

Granting I have seen worse, but I think they must have had a nice budget to create something that doesn’t resemble cheap CG.

D

DÛke

The greatest losers of all time are film critics - no offense or anything, Aku. And here, I am speaking of "real" critics, not some infant uttering his nausea on something that he might have not understood and therefore deems as "ungreat."

The thing is - did you want to see the movie? Alright then! Don't let some critic tell you that you should not, or that it is bad, or that it is a waste of time. I want to see it. Period. I will not even begin to consider what anyone has to say about it...since I have not seen it.

I have plans to see it twice already. I am watching it Wednesday, May 14, at 10 PM, and on the official day, Thursday the 15th. That is how much I want to see...

And from what I have seen - the movie looks great. They played a preview right before X2, and it all looked great - better than the first Matrix, in my opinion. Sharp, crisp clean, and very...very...detailed. I honestly cannot see what others are B$#@HIN6 about...

N

Nightstalkers

finally someone with the same views of critics as me... us, whatever.

The fact is, critics are as bad as editors that want more from a dead artist. Sick and unrelenting times are ahead for those idiots for the third installment of the matrix trilogee is scheduled for fall :D

A

Aku Necromancer

I respect good critics a great deal…my favorite http://movie-reviews.colossus.net/

I think it is a real challenge to be a good writer…to express yourself and your opinions more deliberately, carefully, precisely, and eloquently.

I really enjoy reading movie reviews, even if I disagree with them…everyone has opposed stances on many things, in this case movies…one tends to achieve the most clarification on what one truly believes when it is challenged by another…

D

DÛke

I got to the theatre at 9:45 PM. The movie was to begin at 10:15. I thought I go early to get the best seats...I arrived: it was full packed. Only the front three rows had any seats left.

I dislike movie critics.

Here is all I will say about the movie:

As an intellectual feast, like I predicted, it lacks.

As eye candy and fun, it is as good as they come.

A

Aku Necromancer

Originally posted by DÛke

I got to the theatre at 9:45 PM. The movie was to begin at 10:15. I thought I go early to get the best seats...I arrived: it was full packed. Only the front three rows had any seats left.

I dislike movie critics.

Here is all I will say about the movie:

As an intellectual feast, like I predicted, it lacks.

As eye candy and fun, it is as good as they come.
Fair enough…

It was worth my 8.50…It had its flaws, but they were not great enough to prevent me from enjoying myself…

Incidentally…Agent Smith and the two twin Ghosts were groovy…really cool…

Z

Zhaneel

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see it and doesn't care? And before you ask, I have seen the first one.

E

EricBess

I will probably eventually see it when it shows on TV. It's not that I'm not at all interested, I just think that there are many better things to do with my time.

And yes, I've also seen the first one. Liked it well enough.

N

Nightstalkers

I'll get someone to rent it for me... Just to save the time of having to reload into a body and spend seven dollars to see a movie.

oddly enough I'm awaiting the next instalment in fall.