Magic Online

N

Notepad

Orgg, in the past I have played around with the avatar images. For a while I was playing as Braids once again, and everyone else was a tiger. :D :D ;)

I dunno if it still works. Found the card borders and stuff. I remember on the WotC forums there was a whole thread on hacking the opening screen alone.

Not really hacking though. More like switching files around and duping the computer into thinking they are what they aren't.

But...you mean you can get permanently banned for crap like this? It seems so silly, since it is all on the user end and not interfering with the game play or the network in any way.

Go figure...

And what's this being scared of the big bad old huffies over at WotC anyway? I flip them off, and their The Code, which when abreviated sounds like a penis, or a rooster. COC, there I said it! CAWK!!! COC ON MY SCREEN, COC TYPING ON MY KEYBOARD, COC EVERYWHERE!!!

Mad Dog and Junkyard aplogize for any possibility of the ambiguous nature of Sefro's posting. He meant the Code of Conduct. Nothing else.

T

train

top right-hand corner there are options for beginner and expert view...

N

Notepad

If anybody is gonna be on tonight, I'll be popping in and out as I finish up PoD and CPA articles. Hopefully I can get a comic done, too. :D

But I'll be present on the game for trading or chatting, just not gaming.

T

train

Then I'll be banking with my 4 accounts... hopefully...:D

time to get more accounts...;)

O

orgg

No wonder I never see you on as 'TheTrain'... you're on another account.

N

Notepad

I've been thinking about getting more accounts just for that reason: Cashing in on reparations.

Seemed kinda iffy, but now I'm wishing I had actually gone through with the plan before the Darksteel release. Doh!

Isn't it illegal under the COC, anyway?

T

train

don't know - these additional ones are accounts I've purchased - ebay and what not...

the only one I use for any sanctioned play is the "thetrain" account - the others are for trade mainly... and purposes like mentioned above...

but they are paid for...;)

C

Captain Caveman

I should be online tonight(friday 26th)if anyone wants to offer
up a few play lessons, look me up. I might be online saturday
also.

Fear me,I have a few uncommons now. :) :D

R

Reverend Love

Short Rant

I'am completely amazed at how many obviously serious and very much powered, type 2 decks play in the casual rooms. While I like to imagine my decks aren't completely mo-mo they're not tweaked for ultimate use and abuse...they're casual. It's as if they know their little net decks can't hack it in the tournament rooms so they swim around praying on us players who are tinkering with their Psychic Battle deck (which Orgg I liked btw). or other oddball construction.....dicks.

Ooh yea I can't believe how many people play carbon copy net decks with MAAYBE 3 cards different and claim it as their own invention.

Like the other day I ran into a guy playing Cunning Wake (A VERY boring deck to play against) and Reanimator. He'd replaced a few cards with more powerful versions that weren't in that particular standard cycle...like Fact or Fiction and Reya Dawnbringer.. Of course I make a snide comment on the fact which he replied they're his creations...just because you replace 3 cards with more POWERFUL versions that weren't in cycle doesn't make your original or rogue.....Oinkhat.

End Rant

T

train

you... you... didn't like my deck reverend?...

*runs away balling...*

"Jareth is senor fatty!":cool:

I got dropped from the second multi-player game...:rolleyes: :(

R

Reverend Love

Was that a net deck train?

you pull'n ma leg....

I really like how tore my Wumpus's face off...that was sweet :D

T

train

yeah - it was a net deck...:rolleyes: (sarcasm intended)

Loxodon Peacekeepers didn't have much of a factor - and all I needed first game was red mana for the pyroclasm... mucho sucko...

But a Blocking double-striking Jareth was cool!...

N

Notepad

The presence of a-hole decks in MTGO's casual rooms is a major problem. I just quit when the start pulling out their netdeck impossible-to-beat stuff out. Sure, I get blocked by them, but it just helps me out, since my own block list is full.

At least the latest netdecks are a little harder to build. I still remember the days of $20 Madness netdecks, and everyone used them. It was a total pain to try to play casual. They even infested the NEWBIE ROOM for crying out loud!

Bleh...

C

Captain Caveman

I've been playing in the middle room(casual)and I've been getting
beat'in a lot. Maybe I'm just not that good or my deck idea's or
cards are weak. I'm not really sure if its the net-deckers or me.

Playing an aggressive deck against Wraths and other mass
removal makes for a hard game. But I think my problems is
my layed back approach and willingness to over-commit.

I try to build the best decks with the card pool I have. I've been
accused of net-decking WW but I'm just playing the basic
structure with inferior cards, so who knows. I did win a few
casual games with a Darksteel Colossus. That was fun.:D

So far I've enjoyed my MoL experience. Net decks are difficult
to beat and I enjoy the challenge.:cool:

R

rkoelsch

It was a lot of fun when the casual deck like Highlander and 5 color(singleton and Prismatic on MTGO) first started.

I really only play tribal anymore. There was a time when people only played elves, or goblins or zombies but it seems more relaxed.

Really haven't played too much. I am turned off by the multiplayer because too many people drop too soon.

N

Notepad

I'd play multiplayer, but the bozos there just deserve to die IRL. They drop, and they do cheap stuff like set up "clan two-on-two" without you bringing in a clan buddy. They also join CHAOS games and then ask "Hey, is this emperor?" Read the friggen description, losers!

As for the altered formats, singletone can still be fun, but prismatic is all clones. Everyone just plays G/w with every other color as an afterthought. Gets really annoying.