Magic Online

N

Notepad

In time, hopefully, the game will be improved. In the meantime, let us hope things get so horrible they have to buy us back with more free packs, tickets and Morphlings. :D :D ;)

N

Notepad

As long as I get my morphling and Akroma Breast avatar, I'm happy. Working server or not. :D

T

train

If it has been unstable for this long - and they've been working on it for months - crashing the next couple of days wouldn't help too much...

i wonder if they have their own programmers - or if it is "out-sourced..."

O

orgg

Well, it was working about half an hour ago. It was working so well, that after eighteen minutes, I was about to give Isty six 8th edition packs to one-on-one draft me with. Before I could hit 'confirm,' it dumped me again. It seems that I cannot find the server as of right now, but I'm trying... That's why I'm here... Click, see brown bar an inch long, CPA Board, check back, connection failure...

It seems the dozen and ten 888 queues I lined up for when the server was frozen put everyone in the drafts, drafted for them, and then dumped them into time-outed games. I guess in some of them I lost all the rolls for the matches, and the opponent timed out on mulligans. I won three of them like this, it seems...

I also have a ****TON of cards from 8th, too. Isty was supprised when i revealed that fact...

O

orgg

The Magic Online team will be meeting Tuesday, March 9 at 9:00 AM (0900 hours) Pacific Standard Time to discuss what's going on. This was originally scheduled to decide if we were ready to continue bringing features back to the live Magic Online server. As we don't even have the beta server up at this time, the answer to that question is a resounding "no". So, the topic of conversation will be what the dev team came up with during the night and what we're going to do.

Well, Today, I get the message to 'stop trying.'

Well, at least my Big Black deck went undefeated. I didn't even have to substitute out the Cloudposts for the four Cabal Coffers. I think it'd have worked better with the Coffers, though...

So it goes...

G'bye, second Beta. I wish we could've had you for longer. Tomorrow I've heard is a completly off day for MOL... I wonder what we'll get in compensation for this embarassment?

N

Notepad

I don't think we'll be getting anything. Their excuse will be they have this sychophant lying to us all the time on the main MTG.com page now, rather than back in the shadows.

Did that make sense? I think they're too chicken to give away anything now. They just want to get this mess over with and not have to admit much more's wrong than they already have.

What a mess. What a joke. I'd just plain quit slowly on MTGO, giving away portions of my collection as prizes for stuff...but that would only be encouraging people to play this game. At this point, I just want it to freaking die, even if it means I lose my collection. Die, that is, and only be brought back if there is a competent team behind it. Otherwise, I'll just go join the Apprentice folks eventually...

This week is MAKE FUN OF MTGO WEEK. Get ready for the trashing comics and articles. ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What exactly are they trying to accomplish with the new code? It's not clear to me and if it was mentioned before magicthegathering merged all its content, I'm not looking back in the archives... :)

R

rkoelsch

What they determined is that the original code was flawed in only allowing 1 master server, it wasn't prepared for more people. they are trying to change the code to allow multiple servers but that is at least a year away. I have decided to stop spending money on it til the multiple server code is finished. I am going to try and trade for sets and get something out of this money spent.

T

train

what cards are you looking for Rkoelsch...

"And I'll be brave enough to ask - got any extra Wrath of Gods?":)

R

rkoelsch

don't have any wrath of gods. was never that lucky. I will post a have want list in a few days.

T

train

i have 1... need 3 more... they're essential for tourney decks...;)

N

Notepad

Does the future of MTGO really look so grim? I know in the back of my mind that WotC will not let the game die, but I also know I am far too impatient to sit around and wait for 18-24 months for them to get the total repairs done.

C

Captain Caveman

I hope they get this fixed. Has anyone tryed mtgplay.com?

N

Notepad

I hope they just give up and send us all IRL versions of our MTGO cards. I could definitely use a 2billion/2billion Grizzly Bear. :D

O

orgg

R.I.P. Freedraft Beta.

Well, it's gone, and the 'Live' server is back up. I got this thing finished today, and had some fun with it. If y'got the cards, try it out-- it was pretty fun when it worked.

untitled Beta Deck
4,Cabal Coffers
26,Swamp
3,Leaden Myr
2,Terror
3,Dark Banishing
1,Ambition's Cost
1,Zombify
3,Diabolic Tutor
3,Nekrataal
1,Grave Pact
1,Phyrexian Plaguelord