Least Liked set

T

train

But exodus and homelands are strong... limited resources, and autumn willow... even the (ghostly bears) a 3/3 for 2 mana... and you can find ways to untap them...

*off to build a deck... or at least think of one...*

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Odyssey combined the degeneracy of Urza block (Tog, Mongrel, overrated token-generators 0wnz j00) with the losing gamble factor of Homelands (1 in every 4 of the rares are utter crap, only eight are really good). Even then, the synergy of cards with the other blockmates and some Onslaught stuff makes it likable. Also, the degenerate cards were mostly uncommons and commons.
I like all the sets, and Odyssey is at the bottom ONLY because of its degeneracy and the crappiness of a large chunk of the rares.

N

Notepad

Shiro, you have a good point, but Odyssey actually had fun commons. Sure, they sucked for tourneys, but the Odyssey block commons are actually usable for a lot of casual decks. Just try building a cabalist deck and you'll see what I mean.

N

Nightstalkers

Well... I guess Odyssey has its pros. But another wierd set is this Legions. Legions may have a good idea shoved into it, but falls flat on its *** when it is introduced into a casual circle.

Just too many cards out there against creature themes... And I have all of them!!!

Ferret

Staff member
I would have to say Ice Age was my least favourite if you looked at the playable/non-playable card ratio...I never got enough snow-covered lands to really care about all the silly little mechanics of it. And Cumulative Upkeep got old after awhile...

-Ferret

"...and don't even get me started about Jester's Cap..."

N

Nightstalkers

Cumulative Upkeep is fun when playing with the illusions of Grandeur... but the snow-covered crap was enough to make some people blow chunks! Now a days we see all of them cards that work with the lands, but only a few snowed in lands to speak of. What a rip off.

T

train

I'm going to Jester's cap, then argivian archaeologist... then I'll play the cap, use it, and boomerang it after putting the effect on the stack... play time walk...

I'll play jester's cap, play copy artifact, activate both caps, play hurkyl's recall after stacking the caps, regrowth my timewalk, timewalk, play reclaim on my regrowth...

Blue is what makes this really bad...

N

Nightstalkers

Blue Green??? thats a thought... Thanx Train!

And for you:

Use Rofellos to gain x mana from x forests,
Use Wirewood Lodge to untap Rofellos and tap'em again...
Then use Argothian Elder to untap two lands...
Wirewood lodge to untap both the Elder and Rofellos and gain x more mana

Repeat until you have [x(x)²/1](x²) mana.

Then use Mr. Skyshroud Elf to get red mana all you want...

and fireball your opponent for [x(x)²/1](x²)-1 green mana, and one red mana. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Nightstalkers
Well... I guess Odyssey has its pros. But another wierd set is this Legions. Legions may have a good idea shoved into it, but falls flat on its *** when it is introduced into a casual circle.

Just too many cards out there against creature themes... And I have all of them!!!
If you're playing in a casual circle, you probably should have a house rule to not play such creature hosers to make it more fun...

Originally posted by train
I'll play jester's cap, play copy artifact, activate both caps, play hurkyl's recall after stacking the caps, regrowth my timewalk, timewalk, play reclaim on my regrowth...

Blue is what makes this really bad...
What makes it bad is playing with Unlimited and before cards... besides, blue always has Counterspell from the other side of the table.

N

Nightstalkers

Thanx spidey! your the greatest next to the allmighty Ed.