It's Steeler-Country time!

Killer Joe

As far as I know the Steelers are the only team in the Super Bowl and I think a guest visiting team has been invited :D

D

DarthFerret

Ok, at the begining of the season I predicted a Pittsburg - Philly game for the superbowl.....I guess I was half right, and at the Risk of Ransac's wrath, I will predict that the Steelers will shock the world by winning. I will even give 6 points to Seattle as odds.

This prediction takes into account the one thing that most sports announcers and analysts seem to skip. The current mood of each team. For the most part, Pittsburg has struggled and fought and clawed thier way to the top. Not to take away from Seattle, but it almost seemed as a lot of the teams just rolled over and played dead when it came to game time. I honestly believe that Pitts. has had to fight a lot harder than Seat. to get to this point.

However, if it was a forgone conclusion, we would not be needing a Super Bowl Game, regardless. By the way...a quick question, What is everybody doing for the Superbowl this year?
Myself, I am going to a friends house where about 20-30 of us will party with a Big Screen TV, Beer, and Snacks!...Who knows, maybe we will play our own mini game at halftime....

Also, who is in the halftime show this year?...I have not heard any hype on it yet.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
The Bus will take the Seahawks to school........ :D

BTW - the Seahawks do deserve to be in the SB, just not to win it.

Steelers by 6 1/2.......

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The Rollings Stones are playing the Half-Time show.

No wrath for those that pick the Steelers. It's the big game. People are going to pick against the Seahawks.

Just don't count the Seahawks out completely, though. They're no pushover. The Steelers are a great team and the sports networks have been talking about Roethlisberger's amazing Passer Rating in the Post-Season. Just going to point out that Hasselbeck's Post-Season Pass-Rating is better by about 10 points, though.

This will be a great game for one team. Whichever team gets momentum first will probably keep it and run away with the game. That's what happened this weekend.

I'll comment more later.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
Just don't count the Seahawks out completely, though. They're no pushover. The Steelers are a great team and the sports networks have been talking about Roethlisberger's amazing Passer Rating in the Post-Season. Just going to point out that Hasselbeck's Post-Season Pass-Rating is better by about 10 points, though.
Might want to check this:
http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PRAT/2005/post
Passer ratings for 2005 post-season:
Ben - 124.8
Matt - 109.6

Hey no one said, well I didn't at least, that Seattle will be a push over.
It's just tough to change destiny....... hehehehehe :D

D

DarthFerret

Me either, I just think that Pittsburg will win...(also helps that I prefer Pittsuburg, and that I have hated Seattle ever since the traitorous Mike Holgram went over there from Green Bay....Go Packers! :D)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Hmm.... I stand corrected. At the end of the game, yesterday, they said that Hasselbeck had a QB Rating of 130 in the postseason. Methinks someone had the math wrong.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Killer Joe

Hey! There's an "H" at the end of PITTSBURGH!

OKay, so Seattle is no push-over...............ha! That just sounded funny.

KJ skips away singing that blasted Steeler song again....(Here-we-go [boom-boom] [boom-ba-dum] Here we go...)

D

DarthFerret

Sorry KJ...just realize that I am pullin for ya too... (but not enough to sing or hum a song about it :D)

Hmmm....Ransac.....a wager?

Killer Joe

You know, if you play with the old white cards in combo with the black cards, it looks like a Steeler deck because the white cards were more yellow than white back then. :D

News flash: In the Beaver Co. school district (close to Pittsburgh) a high school student was ridiculed by an avid Steeler fan who happened to be his teacher. The student wore a John Elway Bronco shirt to school on Friday and the teacher made him take his mid-term exam on the floor instead of a desk. The student was so upset that he only got 20 questions correct out of 60. On top of that the teacher had other students surround the Bronco student fan and they peppered him with paper balls.

Charges are pending investigation to the teacher's dismissal and loss of license, (I think).

D

DarthFerret

Not sure Ransac, I don't gamble money either (Since I dont have any....) Will consider any idea given forth though....

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
How about this: The wager is an Off-Topic battle! Loser has to face the other one without weapons, while the other gets any weapon he wants. And we'll think of more stipulations as we progress.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Steelers 21
Seahawks 10

I concede defeat. The Steelers made the big plays and came out on top. However, the Seahawks were in the game. The Defense and Offense of the Seahawks was overall better. The Steelers made the big plays that make Superbowl winners, though. AND, the refs took away two TD's that should've count (I have Steelers fans agreeing with me on this).

But, It was a great game to watch. The game was really over until the last drive, after the Steelers ran down the clock to ensure their victory.

Congrats to the Steelers and great performance to the Seahawks. Fire the Refs!

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DarthFerret

Actually, I can only think of one TD that should have counted. The first one. I agree that it was a poor call. However the second one? Only thing I can think that you are refering to is the reception that was called incomplete. In PROFESSIONAL foot ball a player has to have BOTH feet in bounds to have a pass called complete. It is college (amature) football that allows a player to only have one foot in bounds. If this is not the call you are talking about, remind me what you are. I watched the whole game, but may have missed something myself.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't watch the entire game, but I was disappointed in the Seahawks (as I was rooting for them since it was their first Superbowl). Just a lot of mistakes... it was close until whenever Hasselbeck got intercepted when the score was 14-10 Steelers, but like you guys mentioned, there were several missed chances and penalties that could have made the game for them.

turgy22

Nothing Special
First off, congratulations to Stillers fans. Good game... not great, but the Rooneys run a fantastic organization and deserved to win it as much as anyone. Bettis has always been the consumate team player and it makes me happy to see him finally win a trophy.

Also, I liked the pick of Hines Ward for MVP. He played great the whole game and IMO only he or Alan Faneca deserved it. But it will be a long time before an O-lineman gets it.

As much as I respect the Steelers, that was the most one-sided officiating I've ever seen in a Super Bowl. Every call that could have legitimately gone either way seemed to go in Pittsburgh's favor. The Darrell Jackson push-off would not have been called 99% of the time. The Roethlisberger TD should not have been called a TD. The ref even came out to spot it inside the 1 before changing his ruling, which was changed long after Big Ben was ruled down. It's also one of those cases where I don't think the replay was conclusive enough to change the call one way or the other. Finally, one of the holding calls on the Seahawks was borderline and I spotted Pittsburgh committing a similar level of holding on three different occasions after that. Thank god that Hasselbeck fumble was overturned or I'd suspect someone was bribed. I'm not saying Seattle would have won if they got all the calls, but that was just really horrible officiating. I do think they would have won if Jeramy Stevens could hold on to the ball, though. If they handed out an LVP award, he'd get it easily after dropping four perfect passes that would have gone for big gains.

Anyway, that's my take on the game. Also, to anyone else who was bothered by this during the game: a Code Black means that there is an explosive device inside a body cavity. Sorry, but I had to know. Otherwise, Grey's anatomy is an awful show.

Also, did anyone else catch Puppy Bowl II last night? Congrats to that black lab that totally dominated the game. I also got to give credit to the referee who had to call a "puppy penalty" every time one of the dogs dropped a load on the field. Then he had to clean it up. Good times.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
DarthFerret: Yes, you're right. My friends and I were trying to figure out why they weren't replaying that out-of-bounds catch, but it hit me this morning that he needed to have possession.

But, yes, that was some pretty oinkty officiating. I can't imagine that anyone on any sports station will say it, though, since the whole country was favoring the Steelers. They'll go down in history as "Choke Artists that couldn't follow through." That's B.S. The majority of the bad plays that Seattle made were done shortly after a bad call was made. The officiating got to Seattle mentally.

Yet, still, that doesn't excuse the fact that Pittsburgh DID hold Alexander to less than 100 yards rushing. I stand by my original congratulations to the Steelers.

Ransac, cpa trash man