It's been cool :)

D

DÛke

Hey you all. it's been cool those past few days I've been here, and wheather you are going to reply to this post or not, it doesn't matter to me, because I'm going back where I'm from, where I'm wanted and liked, back to MTGnews.

I'm doing this to prove one thing only: and that I love this place and that I'm not a spammer. You, Mr_Pesilence, you really don't like me, and I have no idea why. I never asked why and you have never told me why. Everyone at MTGnews liked me, and after all that, you still disliked me! What did I do that was so wrong? I don't know? I am leaving this place for you, too prove you that I'm not like I was, and that I want everyone to be happy. I'm leaving this place to everyone here to enjoy. I don't want to mess it up. I realize my spammy-ness, but I like to joke, that's my nature. Life is short and I like to enjoy it; everyone should be able to enjoy it. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but I really, really, really, really didn't mean it. I should have kept my articles full focused on Magic.

I leave this place to all of you people who love it so much.
I leave it to everyone who wishes it to grow with me.

I only joined because Nivelimac and Istanbul were in here, to tell you the truth. I met them at MTGnews and I liked them really well; they seemed nice and intelligent. I didn't mean to come here and mess up your perfect home.

As much as I love this place, I must leave it to the people who are even more in love with it that I.

Mr_Pestilence - Please forgive me for whatever I have done that ever offended you; you really seem angery at me for no reason. I apologize strongely.

Ed - Man, I don't know what to tell you. I really don't know you, but I'm sorry if I have ever offended you in anyway; they were all supposed to be jokes, nothing more, nothing less. I should have kept my mouth shut.

Istanbul - ... :)

Zadoc - I'm relaly thankful for your welcome. I'm really sorry if I have messed up these boards or anything, I leave it in your hands, take care of it well.

Purple Jester - I hope you still post at MTGnews. I love you :)

Duel - I know you want to finish me off and have the last hit, but I"m already down; your special assassin techniques will have to wait. Thanks. I really enjoyed you :)

Magical Jackal - I feel like I know you, but I don't. You are really good friend. Keep yourself the way you are :)

TheOrgg - Sorry about that nast replay for you PM, I didn't mean it. I apologize. I leave you these boards to take care of. Good luck, and don't worry about school :)

Nodnarb24 - You seem to like to joke around too. I think you are cool, stay the way you are.

Almindhra - Although you were mean to me the couple of posts, I liked you after the many, many PMs. You were my first femal-Magic-friend. You are cool, I think :)

YellowJacket - I never got the chance to really talk to you or PM you just to clear things up between us, but don't worry, I don't hate you or anything. I like you :) I really do. Although you rant so much, you usually have points in them :) I have enjoyed your articles, really :) Thanks for everything man.

Multani - Maro :)

Peace to you all.
The BEST place in the net for MTG, keep it that way :)
I will leave to MTGnews now...

A

Almindhra

Almindhra - Although you were mean to me the couple of posts, I liked you after the many, many PMs. You were my first femal-Magic-friend. You are cool, I think :)
Now after all my hatred towards the spams and people who joined in a week and have more posts than me, I kind of feel bad...But I know he'll be back...Or either, he'll be checking in on this place daily...

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Wow, 11 smilie faces :D

Umm... I'm not really sure to what to say now actually... but that's because it's 4:30 in the morning and I'm really freakin tired.

I'll get to this in the morning.

So why am I posting this? [me]shrugs.[/me] Is this spam under my definition? [me]nods sheepishly[/me]

[me]then collapses into sleep[/me]

T

theorgg

dammit...

this means I'm going to have to go back to mtgnews...
:(

I hope I can get into the lobby...

D

Django

I don't really know the reasons behind your decision to leave. Spammy? Hell no. Unintelligent? Nah. Mean? Not in my opinion. Whatever the reason is I'm sorry to see you go, Dukester.
But... I'll probably see you over at MtG:News, so I'm not really saying goodbye. :)
Keep it cool and keep living la vida loca..

I like Ricky Martin, btw. NOT. :D

P

Purple_jester

I think you're taking this "hate" thing a little too far. More people like you than not, so get your butt back over here, okay?

If you stick by your decision, I won't protest any further. I'll just be seeing you at MTGnews.

Sigh... :(

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
... whatever. :rolleyes:

Either you can handle differences in opinion or you can't. But if you really like it over there... <shrug>

Z

Zadok001

This is NOT cool. :(

DUke, you have argued with a suprising number of members here. You've posted an unbelievable amount in the few weeks you've been here.

TO HELL WITH THIS.

I will _not_ stand for members getting burnt out of these forums! Period! This is totally unacceptable! I don't card if it's Dark Horse, a little known member who just joined very, very recently and requested his nickname. If _anyone_ is forced out of these forums for _any_ reason, I am a _very_ unhappy person!

Remember when MJ left once upon a time? I was upset about that, and he did that for his own personal reasons, no one told him to leave. I was pissed.

Now, however, I am _well_ beyond pissed. This is NOT fair, guys. Mr. P, you didn't exactly give DUke much of chance around here! _ANYONE_ who has EVER flamed, angered, or disliked DUke for ANY reason, I ask you now a favor. May you follow through on it for your own sakes.

Go back and read DUke's posts. What did he do to piss you off? Now, think about _why_ he did that.

Ed, yours is easy enough. He called you God. Why? Because HE THOUGHT YOU WANTED HIM TO! For God's sake, he was trying to be _nice_! That's no reason to hate someone! (I know you don't really hate him, but this is a good example because I know what's going on with it.)

Guys, look at this message. Does that look like an asshole signing off? No, our dear friend Dakkon was what that looked like. This looks like someone who has something worthy to contribute to our society, someone who is willing to become what we never gave him the chance to be.

As I said, TO HELL WITH THIS.

Everyone deserves a chance. Give him one, he hasn't done anything to deserve different.

"For the last time, PEACE, guys."

T

The Magic Jackal

Don't worry, They all come back sometime *wink, wink*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I totally disagree with you on WHY DUke should stay.

a) I don't think anyone forcing him out. I honestly can't remember what (if anything) Mr. P has said here but the only real "war" I've seen is between him and Isty where they get heated up about Dark Ritual and Counterspell. Everything else seems to be constructive criticism that DUke would be the first to take the wrong way (and even the "war" isn't THAT bad (although repetitive).

b) I never read his posts about Ed to be nice; rather, the intent I got was that of mocking and saying "well, if Ed's god I'm a legend". In other words, he was playing a game of one-upsmanship and not a playful one either.

To be honest, if you post as much as he has right away, you've got to expect opinions to come out and perhaps feelings ruffled. And if you can handle that, good for you. If you can't, maybe you ought to wait a bit before posting everything under the sun.

To sum up, I've seen no OVERT hostility and people (like Yellowjacket have been willing to start over. I think he's taking his problem in Suggestions forum (whatever it was about getting PM messages and cookies) and blaming them on retaliation from Ed.

C

Cateran Overlord

I'm not quite following this. I'm sorry to see you leave DUke, it really doesn't seem fair. At the same time, I had no idea you and Mr_P were going at it. I never saw anything. Don't leave just yet, just wait around for another few days or weeks. Mr_P wil probably drop whatever it is he had against you.

Killer Joe

Duke: It's too late. You're family. And like our lost son; Ferret, you too shall be an eternal family member of this site. Post somewhere else if you like, but, you'll always have a home here, at the CPA.

A

Apollo

Wow...

I'm completely in the dark about all of this, I didn't know there was anything going on at all. But I'm sorry to see a new member leave so soon, under whatever circumstances. I have no clue who's at fault, or anything of the sort. But stick around, give it another couple weeks, things will probably settle down. Don't leave like this.

D

Duel

Okay, guys. Five gets you ten that he's back within the month....

I hope....

D

DÛke

How the hell did you all know...well, most of you!?
I got like 5 PMs from different people as soon as I rejoined as TheGuyFromTheOtherPost, the PMs asked if I was DÛke? What are you all saying? I can't use disguise like you all do :)? How dare you :)?

Anyway, for some reason, you all knew I wasn't going to leave because of some idiot, and I think you know who I mean...Not Ed...

Well, I'm back, I never left, I just go a new personality, which didn't really work because it looks like people in here know me too well...That's bullcrap... :)
:) Whatever, that's all I have to say...

**And the problem is, when I PM Zadok to change my Tag Line from "The Beast from Below" to "sonic-BOOM!", he said that a lot of people have PMed him asking if I, TheGuyFromTheOtherPost, am DÛke, which really ruined the whole plan...

I'm not going to say a thing except that, Mr_P, I take my apology back. I do. I'm not apologizing...Not anymore, and not to you...that's too bad...MUaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa :)

Please don't edit this post, I like it the way it is, and I MEAN every single word in it...Thanks.

T

theorgg

Sheee-yit!

well, DAMN you had me fooled...

I guess I don't know your style too well...

and I fell for the post office ruse..
I'll be a son of a ogre...
actually, I AM! te he hehehe... HAHAHAHAAA HAWHAWHAW!!!
rotflmayo

T

theorgg

at first, I thought you were the guy that asked what the CPA was...

then that post office story crossed me up..

you smart ole bugger... [me] shakes his head[/me]

M

Multani

We've got too many people leaving. :(
Oh well.
DUke-Multani. :D

Almindhra: Christina Aguilera is HOT
Britney Spears is HOT HOT.
:D
I think you get the point.

"I think my hormones are getting the better of me..."
-Me