It has begun.

D

DÛke

I think Bin Ladin knew exactly what kind of people work there. He knows there are Arabs, Candians, Americans and so on. He wants to prove that to get his revenge, he'll do anything and everything. He proved it quite perfectly.

And thanks for droppin' off the dang metaphor Spiderman! :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
He hasn't mentioned those nationalities in his videotape (what we were allowed to see), just the USA and Americans.

D

DÛke

He didn't mention them, because they weren't his target. He knew some of them will die in his action. He knew it really well. Everyone should know it...

It's just saying that I'll kill my own people, as long as your people will die with them...because we're all equal...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think we're saying the same thing, just coming at it differently.

I'm viewing it as he didn't specifically wait for a day where people of all nationalities would work there; he just picked a day (metaphorically speaking) and whoever was there, got it.

In that, yes, he shows that he doesn't care about his own "kind" (Arabs I guess, since I don't know if a distinction was made between "Arabs" and "Muslims").

D

DÛke

...basically, we are somewhat the same things...

Notice how an overheated conversation ended up so calmly and nicely...between me and Spiderman anyway. That is the major reason why I like Spiderman: his "listen before you speak" and "slow (but somehow effective)"aspect. Not many can tolerate me...whow...Spiderman is rare...:)

G

Gizmo

The attack was as much on western Capitalist society as it was on America.

G

Gizmo

Well why do you think they picked the WTC as a target? Cos it was tall? Cos there were two of them so even if they missed the first one they might luck out?

Its about the exploitation of Arab wealth by western capitalist societies. America is enemy #1 cos it leads the charge into exploitation as it the worlds leading industrialised power. But its no accident that it was the WTC that they went after repeatedly (the '93 attack as well). They hate America because America leads worlds finance, but its the actions of world finance that they are ideologically opposed to (embodied in US foreign policy, and alongside US support for Jewish incursion into Arab land).

R

Rando

Jewish incursion into Arab land?

Hate to break it to ya, but the Jews were there a few thousand years ago.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, technically, the Jews were "dispersed" until the creation of the Israeli state.

Anyway, Gizmo, you're saying it's the exploitation of Arab wealth by Western capitalist societies is what they're against? Please explain... what exactly is this exploitation?

This is all news to me... :confused:

R

Rando

On November 29, 1947, the General Assembly of the United Nations voted with a 2/3 majority to partition western Palestine into a Jewish and an Arab state. Over 75% of the land allocated to the Jews was desert. Desperate to find a haven for the remnants of European Jewry after the Holocaust, the Jewish population accepted the plan which accorded them a diminished state. The Arabs, intent on preventing any Jewish entity in Palestine, rejected it.

R

Rando

I should have pointed out above that the British were the first to propose a partition of Palestine into Arab and Jewish states.

L

Lotus Mox

Originally posted by Rando
Jewish incursion into Arab land?

Hate to break it to ya, but the Jews were there a few thousand years ago.
Does that mean native Americans get their land back, and throw the non-native ones out?

Or Italy half of Europe, because it was part of the Roman Empire?

Hate to break it to ya, but you can't simply undo history, it doesn't work this way.

A

arhar

Please let's not argue about Jewish "incursion into Arab land." I just argued for over 200 posts about it on some other message board, and I REALLY don't think I wanna go through that again, but I'll do it if I have to, because this statement is about as far from truth as it gets.

U

Ura

Ura, you don't really understand it
Actually I understand it perfectly. I was never reffering to the people cheering in the streets, I was talking about the level of indicriminateness of the attack as to which nation was being attacked. I know that Osama is a different breed so to speak from the regular muslim protester.

If you want to question the reason behind the killing of innocent Japanese, Canadians or whatsoever that were killed on the WTC, perhaps you should question the death of the innocent Arabs first.
To be perfectly blunt, why would I? Canada has for years been working its oink off to try and save innocent arab lives by giving them food, medcal help and to rebuild their agrarian infrastructure. I deplore the killing of anything, I'm buddist, and all life whether its human, dog, fish, bird, or lobster is exactly equal, to be cherished and respected. I'm not being insensitive about it and I've spoken publicly irl before on trying to preserve life and why things such as bombing should be halted and why I didn't agree with the current bombing campaign after the second night because all there was left to hit are innocent people. The only reason for instance that Canada isn't working heavily in Iraq is because Saddam threatened to have us all killed if we tried and the current UN sanctions prevent us from doing more. In an effort to try and help more innocent arab lives Canada was forefronting the easing of those UN sanctions on Iraq until all this crap happened.
Canada has never been known for keeping its mouth shut on things like this in the international theater and has constantly moved for diplomatic solutions to crisis.
So why question the deaths of innocent arabs when we're so busily trying to prevent those deaths in the first place. We protest the actions that cause those deaths, but we're a single voice amongst hundreds, some of which are much louder then our own, especially if theres a call to war by one of the big ones.

Bin Ladin is different, he wants to kill innocent people, and although I in no way can justify that stupid mindset, I can certainly understand it.
I think more or less gives the answer to my question.

He knows there are Arabs, Candians, Americans and so on. He wants to prove that to get his revenge, he'll do anything and everything. He proved it quite perfectly.
This much I agree with you on. Though I still think he's bitten at more then even he can chew.

He hasn't mentioned those nationalities in his videotape (what we were allowed to see), just the USA and Americans.
He didn't mention them, because they weren't his target. He knew some of them will die in his action. He knew it really well. Everyone should know it...
Actually he or one of his people touched on this by saying that those who were not the targets will go to paradise because they're innocent. Or something along those lines. Basically the same idea as what happens to the suicide attackers after death.

I think we're saying the same thing, just coming at it differently.
This much is for certain. :)

D

DÛke

Cool, you're a Budhist Ura? I have a World Religion class, and we just had our midterms, so I had to study real hard. I found Budhism to be very interesting -- I really understood it well. In fact, that's why I passed the midterm with a B-. It was so easy for me to digest...one of my favorite movie concepts is that of The Matrix, and I find Budhism to be somewhat related to The Matrix in some aspects...

...very, very interesting religion...it's makes us think...

Anyway...just an off-topic post...:)