Is the Magic world ready?

R

Rando

Unstable Gate
Artifact 4
You may not play spells during your turn.
At the begining of your upkeep, sacrifice 2 permanants.
At the end of your turn, search your library for a permanant and put it into play. Shuffle your library afterward.

(I'm sure the CC needs to be re-evaluated, but I think it's neat.)

D

DÛke

...another good card Rando. I love creatures with CIP and Unstable Gate makes them even better! It's balanced too, by the way.

Here are some more crazy cards, by me:

Will of Vice (BBB)
Instant
As an additional cost to play Will of Vice, remove from the game any number of cards from the top of your library.
For each 10 cards removed this way, target player sacrifices a permanent.

>>Suicide...here I come! It is costy, yes...but who cares about 10 or 20 cards (or even 30? :D) when you're trying to win the game?

Summoning Spirit (2GG)
Creature - Spirit
Flying
As Spirit of Paradise comes into play, put a Dream token into play. into play. Treat it as a 5/5 Green creature that can't be the target of spell or abilities and with "At the beginning of your upkeep step, if Summoning Spirit is not in play, sacrifice this creature."
1/2

>>Against White, Green, and Blue...Summoning Spirit is probably better than Blastoderm. Against Black and Red, Summoning Spirit is just another thing that's easily but mustly dealt with.

Later...

M

MrXarvox

I'm back, bringing with me more of my novel ideas :D

Point of Light 2W
Instant
Choose one:
Counter target black spell. If that spell was a creature, put it into play under your control instead of into its owner's graveyard.
Or
Change the target of target red spell to another applicable target.

A little white manipulation, only affecting its enemy colors. The point of light can stop dark magic in its tracks, and even redeem its followers; and it can also confuse a choas-blind red mage into targeting the wrong place.

Fire Frozen 2RU
Enchantment
For each red spell you cast, put a thaw counter on Fire Frozen. You may remove a thaw counter from fire frozen at any time to add R to your mana pool.
For each blue spell you cast, put a freeze counter on Fire Frozen.
You may remove a freeze counter from Fire Frozen at any time to add U to your mana pool.

A mana source fueled by the impossibility of frozen flames- a red spell thaws them, supplying fire; a blue spell freezes them, supplying charged ice.

R

Rando

HMmmm...

That makes me think of a cycle that I always thought should be done...

Pearl Blast 1WW
Instant
Counter target Black or Red spell.

Saphire Blast 1UU
Instant
Counter target Red or Green spell.

Emerald Blast 1GG
Instant
Counter target Black or Blue spell.

Jet Blast 1BB
Instant
Counter target White or Green Spell

Ruby Blast 1RR
Instant
Counter target Blue or White spell.

I would change the names to something cooler, but I don't feel like right now.

F

FoundationOfRancor

It seems to me the cycle of counter-spells should just cost 1G, or 1W...etc...

lol, why does the blue one cost 1UU?

F

FoundationOfRancor

I figure this is to crazy for subterfuge, so I'll post it here.

Reaction of the Meek
1G
Instant
Destroy target rare permanent.

Apprentice Rebuke -Common
1U
Instant
Counter target common spell

Disguised Assasin
2BB
Creature - Assasin
Disguised Assasin can only be blocked by uncommon creatures.
3/3

This is probablly a ok card to print, just figured I post it here too because its pretty off the wall

Incognito
4B
Sorcery
When this comes into play, search your library for a creature and remove it from the game, face down.
Put a 1/1 black Dummy token into play.
Whenever any Dummy token is destroyed, you may put the creature removed from the game into play under your control.

R

Rando

The Blue one costs the same as the others in the cycle, just so they are all the same.

I don't think they should be too cheep, since countering is off color for all of them save blue. The elemental blasts cost (1), and only target one color, so I figured (3) for two colors was not so high.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry Rando, I don't think every color should get a blanket counter. You might as well give each a blanket way to destroy enchantments, have some way of "burn", and get good creatures overall or something.

R

Rando

They're not "blanket" counters, they're enemy color hosers, like the elemental blasts, Death Grip and Life Tap. At least these don't also destroy permanants.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's true... I still have a bad feeling about every color getting a counter though. Lifetap and Lifeforce just dealt with one color; same with the Elemental Blasts. I guess they're okay...

D

DÛke

...Rando, I agree with Spiderman on this issue. It's just not appealing nor does it seem balanced, or even original. :D

FoR, those are amazingly amazing cards. I love Disguised Assasin! Fresh new ideas here...

I'll expand on FoR's amazing idea for a bit:

Imperial Guard (UU)
Creature - Guard
Imperial Guard can only be targeted by rare spells.
Imperial Guard can't be blocked except by rare creatures.
1/2

>>I imagine this Guard to be one of the high class. He really is a snob...

Royal Crown (3)
Legendary Artifact
Spells cost you 1 less to play.
Rare spells cost you 2 less to play.

>>Here's the Crown. It's good for all your spell, and extra good for those Wraths, Winds, Avatars, and Time Warps. I think Royal Crown would especially be great in today's high-costin' rares...Time Strech for example...

Royal Cleric (1WW)
Creature - Cleric
Tap: Prevent the next 1 damage dealt to target creature or player.
Tap: Prevent all damage dealt to target rare creature.
Tap: Prevent all damage dealt to you. Use this ability only if Royal Cleric is enchanted by a rare enchantment.
1/2

>>He's your usual cleric, except he has the power to fully defend the high-class.

Cause of the Casuals (1W)
Enchantment
Creatures you control gain +0/+1.
Common creatures you control gain +1/+1 instead.

>>Maybe better than Crusade in the right deck. Good luck finding that many playable commons in one environment...

R

Rando

Well...Nuh :p

*I like my cards*

Yet another...

Recreation WWUU
Enchantment
When ~this~ comes into play, remove all other permanants from the game, shuffle them and place them in one face down pile.
At the begining of each players upkeep, that player takes the top card from this pile and puts it into play, tapped.
When ~this~ leaves play, remove all permanants from the game and then return them to play under thier owners control.

D

DÛke

...cool card, Rando. Reminds me of Theive's Auction though...

Here:

Crystal Armor (0)
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gains +0/+1.
Spells targeting enchanted creature costs 1 more to play.
3: Destroy Crystal Armor. Any player may play this ability.

Lotus Necklace (0)
Enchant Creature
As you play Lotus Necklace, choose a color.
Enchanted creature becomes the chosen color.
Sacrifice Enchanted creature, sacrifice Lotus Necklace: Add a
mana to your mana pool that's the color of the creatures sacrificed
for Lotus Necklace.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Weird cards...

Some of them are just "semi-original", a style which I occasionally lapse into. Oh well.

Jajo Dance
W
Enchantment
Your maximum hand size is equal to the number of creatures in play.

Jajo Stream
U
Enchantment
Whenever you are dealt 3 or more damage, increase your maximum hand size by 1.

Jajo Nexus
B
Enchantment
Whenever you have more cards in your hand than your maximum hand size, discard a card and increase your maximum hand size by 2.

Necro Mantis
3BB
Creature - Insect
2/3
Pay 1 life, put a -1/-1 counter on Necro Mantis: Draw a card.
>>Not that original, I know.

Wall of Ash
1BB
Creature - Wall
0/*
Wall of Ash has toughness equal to the number of cards in your graveyard.
Remove three cards in your graveyard from the game: Wall of Ash may block an additional creature this combat. (All blocks must still be legal.)

Jajo Flux
R
Enchant Creature
During your upkeep, switch your maximum hand size and enchanted creature’s toughness.

Jajo Storm
G
Sorcery
Switch your maximum hand size and your life total.

Blood Cauldron
Artifact
Tap, Sacrifice two creatures: Draw three cards.
>>Not that original, I know.

Crystal Shard
Artifact
0: Shuffle your hand into your library.

Lotus Garden
Land
Lotus Garden comes into play tapped. It doesn’t untap during your untap step.
Tap an untapped creature you control: Untap Lotus Garden.
Tap, Tap an untapped creature you control: Untap target creature.

Desolate Flats
Land
Tap: Add 1 colorless mana to your mana pool.
1: Regenerate Desolate Flats.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I decided to post these cards separately because I deem them more original.

Vagrant Master
2UG
Creature - Traveler
0/4
Vagrant Master has power equal to the number of types of basic landwalk it has.
"...With the coming of Dean Moriarty began the part of my life you could call my life on the road..."
-Jack Kerouac,
On The Road
>> I got this idea after looking at the thread about Graceful Antelope and thinking about landwalk.

Quantum Glasses
Artifact
As long as Quantum Glasses is or isn't untapped :))), whenever an effect checks to see if a source is a color, it is that color, and whenever an effect checks to see if a source isn't a specific color, it isn't that color. (If the same effect checks both, it fulfills both conditions.)
Shards of the first pair of these that were broken may or may not have been swallowed by Shroedinger's cat.
>> I especially like the first part.

D

DÛke

All that heat from the Off-Topic conversation really did burn my mind...I think I'll take a quick vaction and make some cards:

Overheat (1RR)
Instant
Double all damage traget Instant or Sorcery deals this turn. Then, Overheat deals X damage to target creature or player, where X is the number of Overheat cards in all graveyards.

Igniting Conversation (1UU)
Enchantment
At the end of each player's turn, Igniting Conversation deals X damage to that player, where X is the number of spells that player had cast on that turn. If that player is dealt more than 3 damage this way, that player may draw a card.

Words of the Opposition (2UU)
Sorcery
Remove the top 7 cards of your opponent's library from the game.
For each Red and/or Green card removed this way, Words of the Opposition deals 1 damage to the card's owner.

D

DÛke

...one card:

Basic Instincts (1U)
Instant
Reveal the top 3 cards of your library to all player.
Remove from the game all Rare and Uncommon cards, and put the rest into your hand.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Delve
U
Instant
Look at the bottom four cards of your library. Put one of them on top of your library, and the other four on the bottom in any order.

Dream Scythe
5UUB
Sorcery
Choose target opponent. That player reveals the top card of his or her library. If it is not a creature, that player may reveal the next card. Repeat this process until either that player chooses not to reveal the next card, or that player reveals a creature card.
If that player chooses not to reveal the next card, that player puts all revealed cards into his or her hand and skips his or her next turn.
If that player reveals a creature card, shuffle all cards revealed this way into that player's library and Dream Scythe deals damage to that player equal to twice the toughness of that creature.
>> This card talks about those times when you just sort of let go, and you aren't really thinking about anything - until something happens to you, and you're drawn back, often painfully.

Psionic Stalker
RUU
Creature - Illusion
0/*
When Psionic Stalker comes into play, choose a creature.
During your upkeep, choose a creature.
Psionic Stalker's toughness is equal to that creature's converted mana cost.
Psionic Stalker gets +1/+0 for each activated ability that creature has.

Rukh Shield
WWRR
Enchantment
If you control a creature with flying, you can't be the target of spells or abilities.
When Rukh Shield is put into the graveyard from play, put a */4 white and red Rukh creature token into play. It has "This creature has power equal to the number of enchantments you control."

Sentry Mage
G
Creature - Wizard
1/1
When a player plays a sorcery spell, untap Sentry Mage.

Goblin Teamster
1RR
Creature - Goblin
1/1
During your upkeep, flip a coin. If you lose the flip, sacrifice Goblin Teamster. If you win the flip, put a permanent you control on Goblin Teamster or sacrifice it.
When Goblin Teamster deals damage to a player, that player gains control of all permanents on Goblin Teamster.
When Goblin Teamster leaves play, return all permanent cards on it to owner's hand.
>> I LOVE THIS CARD!