Is the Magic world ready?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Doomsday Tutor
1BB
Instant
Search through your library for up to two cards and put them into your hand. Then remove your library from the game.

>>They'd better really want the cards...

Delirious Psychic
1BU
Creature - Wizard
1/1
If you have a maximum hand size and it isn't 7, Delirious Psychic has "Choose and discard a card: Draw a card."

>>A few cards have changed maximum hand size around, but none have done anything to it other than change it. I figured this would be a very interesting change of pace. Deadly with Vanguard though.

D

DÛke

Whow, TICM! Doomsday Tutor is crazy. A combo card without question. However, I can imagine it being at least tried in suicide for some reason or another. Good card.

Delirious Psychic is very original. You're the first to come up with it. Props to you.

Good ideas TICM...I think you're beginning to let go of the rules that WotC has burned in most of the Magic players' minds...and that's really great. :)

Here is some more artistic cards by me:

Forever Dreamer (3GG) (Rare)
Creature - Illusionary Wizard Elf Angel
Flying
GG: Skip your next upkeep step.
1/3
"She sees nature in its simplest, most unpainful and natural form...
The beauty she posses is more than can be...
Her kiss can take you far away into the lands beyond any horizon you'd thought you'll ever see...
Her whisper is life...
She's the mother of nature, and time..."

>>How do you like that? The most original card in Magic the Gathering. Forever lives the Blastoderm. Forever, Tangle Wire. No more bothersome cumlatives upkeeps, no more upkeeps in general. The Parallax cards are suddenly over powered...the world has been rendered by this Dreamer's presence.

Rain-Eyes Angel (3WW) (Rare)
Creature - Angel Cleric
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep step, gain 1 life.
As long as you have 5 or less life, you and permanents you control can't be the target of spells or abilities, and creatures can't attack you.
2/3
"Her eyes are like the pure drops of rain...a treausre you cannot ever frame...
Her wings will lift your pain...
And her might is all the justice you shall need...
Your wounds will unheal
With her presence, you heart will forever feel..."

>>She protects you against all harm when you need it most. I added the life gain to make sure that you can't have her wings protecting you all the time. ;)

Vampire-Touch Angel (3BB) (Rare)
Creature - Vampiric Angel Wizard
Flying
You may choose not to untap Vampire-Touch Angel in your untap step.
BB, Tap: Target player loses 5 life and you gain 5 life, and whenver Vampire-Touch Angel becomes untapped, you lose 5 life, and the targeted player gains 5 life.
3/3
"Her touch makes your spirit fall down to places in your mind you'd never thought to explore...
Down into the buried treasures, down to the painful memories
The mighty dreams and unjust nightmares...
She and you are one...
Forever in the heart of the darker Sun..."

>>How about that? She's a good creature...and she can save your life in the moment of need; she can even deal the finishing blow to the opposition. Not only that, but her vampiric touch surpasses any Worship, the brightest Light of Days, and the strongest of Pariahs. :D

More later.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I had this big reply, with comments for ALL the cards, but my computer froze:( I was so mad...

Forever Dreamer is not, by a very, very, very large margin, the most creative card in magic. Its powerful, and incredibly out of color, but not the most creative.

The white angel looks finely balanced.

The black angel should have a bigger acctivation cost for the life thing. 2BB at least.

More later, I gotta check out Odys!

D

DÛke

FoR, it's not the most creative. I know. It's the most original. You don't see things in this extreme yet balance being printed. It's not out of color. Blue controls the upkeep and draw step. Black sometimes does things in the discard step; Red and White in the combat step. It's only fair to dedicate the upkeep step to Green. How can you define it's out of color anyway? Magic has never in its history experienced such mechanic...and I am the founder of it. I think it's fair for me to choose what I will do with it. :)

I also disagree with you about the Black angel. For 3BB, you're getting a 3/3 flier. Not bad, but nowhere near good. For BB, and for the loss of this potential attacker and blocker (since it's tapped), you get to harm your opponent once, and gain some life out of it. Should you decide you want to start attacking or blocking again, you must lose the "touch;" lose the life, and give back all the life you've taken. It seems to be balanced to me.

C

Cateran Emperor

Abject Desperation
RRR
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice two lands.
All spells you own that are not in play have "You may sacrifice two Mountains instead of paying this spell's mana cost."
You may not tap lands for mana.

D

DÛke

Cool card, Cateran Emperor. I think Abject Desperation is semi-control decks. It's like a button you press to start your war. It's even better with Howling Mine. Broken combo, and mono Red too: Abject Desperation, Searing Wind, Searing Wind. Broken. :)

L

Loafing Giant

Enchanted Heaven
3WWWWWW
Enchantment
If at any point you have more than 50 life you win the game
WWW:gain 3 life use only once per turn and skip your next untap step.

Agonizing Defeat
1RRR
Enchantment
At the begining of your Pre-combat main phase you may tap X lands:
Put X counters on agonizing defeat and lose 1/3 of your life
After two turns, sac. Agonizing defeat, and Agonizing defeat deals damage equal to the number of counters on it to target player
At the end of the turn in which an agonizing deafet was sacked u lose the game unless an opp. has less than 1 life left.

WOW! that was hard to think of

my brain hurts now:confused: :confused:

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by Loafing Giant
At the end of the turn in which an agonizing deafet was sacked u lose the game unless an opp. has less than 1 life left.
This line isn't necessary. If your opponent has less than 1 life left, the end of that turn never comes to pass.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Its not original at all. First of all, the whole "Skip parts of your turn" have been done alot before. Second, the specific upkeep skip has been done in subterfuge.

For the angel, you basically get a 3/3 flyer (Black) untill she no longer becomes usefull, then you get a soul feast out of her. That merits a bigger cost than BB.

D

DÛke

Um, I'm not gonna get into a stupid argument. Forever Dreamer is original, because no official Magic card out there lives up to what she does. Period. Subterfuge is not an official set. Look back and see that I have said "...the most original card in Magic the Gathering...," usually, that should strike you as being the OFFICIAL Magic the Gathering. Thank you very much. Let's make an attempt to move on now...

More ultra original cards:

Push the Limits (8UU)
Instant
Draw 7 cards from any library.
Until end of the turn, you may discard a card to add 1 mana of any one color to your mana pool. You may not discard more than 7 cards this way.
"Open your heart, and push...the limits..."

>>Not only do you get to draw 7 cards from anywhere, but you actually get to play the best of those cards. Push the Limits is even great in mono Blue decks. Draw 7 cards from your opponent's Black/Red deck and play whatever you wish...simply amazing.

More later...

D

DÛke

...more unreal cards...

Unconscious Invocation (UUU)
Instant
The next spell you cast costs you X less to play, where X is the amount of colorless mana in the casting cost of that spell.

>>I think there are a lot of good cards out there that don’t see much play, cards like Denying Wind, Avatar of Will, Time Stretch, and basically any spells that cost so much generic mana. Preferably contenting 4 or more colorless mana in the casting cost to make Unconscious Invocation worthy.

Moon Ritual (B) (Common)
Instant
The next Black spell you cast costs you 3 less to play.

>>An alternate, more balanced Dark Ritual? Well, not really. It’s worse, but playable nonetheless. I think this should be Black’s standard ritual, since Dark Ritual is out of standard. The difference is in that you can’t cast a first turn 3 mana creature, or what have you…Moon Ritual starts getting better and better as the game advances, until you have enough mana, where it becomes semi-useless, like Dark Ritual.

Engulfing Light (1WWW) (Rare)
Instant
Gain 5 life.
Search your library for any number of White cards and remove them from the game, and shuffle your library. For each White card removed this way, gain 1 life.

>>I think Engulfing Light maybe one of the few playable life-gain cards. You get to thin your deck off of cards you don’t need, and gain life for it. Heck, Engulfing Light could easily get you 10-15 life, and even back to 20 if you’re really desperate.

Remember the Future (1UUU) (Rare)
Instant
Draw a card.
Search your library for any number of Blue cards and remove them from the game, and shuffle your library. For each 2 Blue cards removed this way, draw a card.

>>Same concept of Englufing Light. Remember the Future is the master deck thinner for Blue. If you could just take out 4 cards you don’t need, you have done great: you get 3 cards in advance, and you have just taken out something you don’t care for much. Imagine taking out 10 cards…

Present or Future (UU) (Rare)
Instant
Counter target spell unless its caster taps all artifacts, creatures, and lands he or she controls.

>>There ya go; the second-hand Counterspell is here, skip the rest of your turn or lose the spell. Evil.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Fluxmaster
2RR
Creature - Shift
1/2
When Fluxmaster's power decreases, put a +0/+1 counter on it.
When Fluxmaster's toughness decreases, put a +1/+0 counter on it.
>>This card has so much potential for different uses... keep in mind that when power/toughness is set back to 0 at the end of the turn, it all happens in one effect.

Everyman
1G
Creature (notice - no creature type. Why should only artifact creatures be allowed to have no creature type?)
2/1
Everyman counts as every creature type among creatures in play.
GG: Choose a creature type. Everyman counts as that creature type.
>>All these new cards with 3 or 4 creature types got me thinking. I suppose this sort of thing would eventually be produced as a result of the new policy towards creature type... oh well.

I knew DÛke would come around when I finally used the word "Delirious" in a card name. ;)

D

DÛke

...now that's what I'm talking about TICM -- cards the WotC only dream of printing! I especially like Everyman, as it breaks away from the actual world of Magic, yet still be in the matrix of being balanced. Good job! :) (And yes, the word "delirious" is hip...:D)

More unreality:

Unreality (3UU)
Enchantment
Whenever you cast an Instant or Sorcery, counter it, and put an
Illusion token into play. Treat it as an X/X Blue creature. X is the casting cost of the countered spell. X in the countered spell is 0.
"And suddenly, everything I know became one."

>>This card is great, in that it makes your Instants and Sorceries become creature cards. Sure, you can't actually have the effect of such spells, but you do get creatures for them.

Now, for cool toys:

Orb of Bloodthirst (6)
Legendary Artifact
Whenever you cast a spell, target player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life. If that spell is Black, that player loses an additional 1 life and you gain an additional 1 life.

Orb of Iceburst (6)
Legendary Artifact
Whenever you cast a spell, tap target artifact, creature or land. That permanent doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step. If that spell is Blue, the tapped permanent doesn't untap during its controllers next 2 untap steps.

Orb of Leafdust (6)
Legendary Artifact
Whenever you cast a spell, you may add one mana of anyone color to your mana pool. If that spell is Green, you may add up to 2 mana, each of anyone color to your mana pool.

Orb of Flamerust (6)
Legendary Artifact
Whenever you cast a spell, you may have target player shuffle his or her hand back into his or her library and draw a card for each card shuffle this way. If that spell is Red, you may deal 1 damage to that player for each card shuffle this way.

Orb of Healnest (6)
Legendary Artifact
Whenever you cast a spell, you may untap all creatures you control. If that spell is White, you may gain 2 life for each creature you control.

R

Rando

Scroll of Burning 0
Artifact
Comes into play tapped.
X, Tap, Sacrifice: Deal X damage to target creature or player.

Scroll of Banishing 0
Artifact
Comes into play tapped.
X, Tap, Sacrifice: Return X target creatures to thier owner's hand.

Scroll of Healing 0
Artifact
Comes into play tapped.
X, Tap, Sacrifice: Prevent the next X Damage to target creature of player. You gain X life.

Scroll of Rotting 0
Artifact
Comes into play tapped.
X, Tap, Sacrifice: Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn.

Scroll of Growing 0
Artifact
Comes into play tapped.
X, Tap, Sacrifice: Target creature gets +X/+X and gains trample until end of turn.

OK...that's it for me.

D

DÛke

Spiderman, I don't. We don't. No one does. Not for sure. The point of this thread is not to make balanced cards, but to have the most creative minds making something unreal -- something that WotC is not creative enough to make...not in my eye anyway. The cards I make are for originality and creativity only...that's my only goal. There are, however, some cards that are just broken that you must comment on on.

Rando...

All the scrolls are too powerful. I wouldn't comment on their power, but...they're not that original, so I must comment on something. :p

Here's are rainy cards:

Rain of the Sahra (W)
Enchantment
Whenever you play a Plains, you may add U to your mana pool.

Pure Rain (G)
Enchantment
Whenever you play a Forest, you may tap that land. If you do, add one mana of anyone color to your mana pool.

Bloodstained Rain (B)
Enchantment
Whenever you play a Swamp, you may add BBB to your mana pool. If you do, you can't tap Swamps for mana this turn.

Burning Raindroplets (R)
Enchantment
Whenever you play a Mountain, you may add R to your mana pool. If you do, Burning Raindroplets deals 1 damage to you.

Flooding Rain (U)
Enchantment
Whenever you play an Island, you may sacrifice that land. If you do, add U to your mana pool, and one U mana for each Island in your graveyard.

R

Rando

Oh...my scrolls are too powerful, but your uber-mana excelerators aren't? :rolleyes:

And as far as originality goes, name a card similar to them that's been made before.

D

DÛke

Come on, Scroll of Burning, for example, is better than even Blaze! Additionally, it's in use by any color. So every color, now, has a super burn spell. Red, by itself, hasn't got the power to make such powerful burn spells...

All of the scrolls run on that stream...except for Scroll of Rotting, and Scroll of Growth, which are very powerful on their own rights.

My mana cards are not broken at all. How many lands can you play each turn, on normal basis? One. The effect only occurs once each turn...how is that broken? Please explain. I fail to see your point of view...

I don't define a card's originality by its likeness to other already printed cards. I define it by how much it breaks away from the known Magic universe. Your cards, are new, but are normal. They're not doing anything new...just damage, healing...etc...there are many variants of that already. I don't look for variants, I look for innovations...

That's just me...

R

Rando

How's 'bout this, then...

Hallowed Harliquin WW
Creature, 2/2
Whenever ~this~ deals damage to a player, choose a color, or Artifacts, or Lands. ~this~ gains protection from what was chosen. This effect does not end at end of turn.

D

DÛke

...good job Rando. Now THAT'S an innovative idea. I like it...and the ability to get "protection for lands," now that's new! :) On this rate, keep them comin' Rando!

Pigment of Imagination (4UU)
Enchantment
For the first spell you cast during your turn, put an Illusion token into play. Treat it as an X/X Blue creature that is unblockable and with haste. X is the casting cost of the spell. X in that spell is 0.
Sacrifice the creature at the end of the turn.

>>I don't know I guess it's the thing you keep thinking about when you're thinking about not thinking at all.

Time Magnate (4UU)
Creature - Magnate
The first spell your opponent casts on his or her turn is countered and returned back to owner's hand.
U, tap: Target spell does not resolve this turn. That spell resolves during your opponent's main step.
1/3

>>He controls time. You think you're gonna cast this now, but no. You're doing it later. He also has the ability to save himself by using his time-slowing abilities...he's a genius! I think he's wonderful in control decks, though very costly...

Maldaemon (3BB)(5/5)
Creature - Demon Legend
Protection from Green and White.
You can't play Maldaemon unless you control 10 or more lands.
As Maldaemon comes into play from your hand, destroy all artifacts, enchantments, and all other creatures.

>>A solution to Black's inability to destroy artifacts and enchantments? Maybe. Probably not. It's big, Black beef at its best. Should be the nightmare of every Green player, and even more so, all White players who love their oh-so-annoying enchantments so much. It's even good in Living-Death and similar deck types, but you wont get the CIP ability. Still, a 5/5 with all that protection...not bad at all. Much, much, much more suited in Black control decks...even Green itself may get a kick out of this, with all their land searching abilities...

More later...