Is the Magic world ready?

D

DÛke

Ok, these cards I have are EXTRA special, and extra original. I believe that they are the purity of Magic. They are mostly un-recycled ideas. Very unique. ANYONE who has any kind of ideas that DON'T belong to the common Magic world may share his or her ideas here...sorry, no recycled ideas allowed. :D

Anyway, from my experiences with some of the CPA members abilities here, I believe that if WE can create a REAL Magic set, it would be, indeed, the BEST Magic set ever created. WotC has been recycling its oink over and over again...sorry, but it's time to turn around and re-evaluate what actually CAN be done with the cards while still drawing ideas from the ol'matrix.

Without further ado, here are some of the most eccentric cards you'll ever see in the Magic universe, and they're serious cards too!
Enigmatic Echo (3UU)
Instant
Counter target spell. Draw a card.
At the end of each turn, if Enigmatic Echo is in your graveyard, and your opponent had cast 2 or more spells that turn, return Enigmatic Echo back to your hand. Only 1 Enigmatic Echo card may be returned this way each turn.

Illusions of Reality (5GG)
Instant
For each creature you control, put a token creature into play. Treat that token as an exact copy of that creature.
Return all non-token creatures you control back to owner’s hand.

Holy Trinity (2WWWW)(1/3)
Creature – Karmic Spirit Legend
Flying
You may search your hand, graveyard, and library for up to 3 Holy Trinity cards, remove them from the game, and shuffle your library. If you do, until end of the turn, Holy Trinity costs W less to play for each Holy Trinity card removed this way.
As Holy Trinity comes to play, choose a color. Creatures you control gain protection from that color.

Cerebral Gravity (UUU)
Enchantment
Whenever a player casts a spell, that player may pay X. If that player does, he or she searches his or her library for X copies of that spell and puts them into his or her hand. That player shuffles his or her library.
At the beginning of each player’s upkeep step, that player pays X or loses X life, where X is the number of cards in that player’s hand.

Igniting Winds (X1R)
Instant
Igniting Winds deals 1 damage to each creature and player.
Search your library for X Igniting Winds cards and put them into your hand. Shuffle your library. Until end of the turn, you may play Igniting Winds cards without paying their mana cost.

Smell of Desire (X3WW)
Instant
Gain 10 life
Search your library for X Smell of Desire cards and put them into your hand. Shuffle your library.
At the beginning of your upkeep step, if Smell of Desire is in your graveyard, gain 1 life.

Principles of Lust (2UB)
Enchantment
Whenever an opponent successfully casts a spell, you may pay X, and pay Y life, where Y is that spell’s total mana cost. If you do, search that player’s library for X copies of that spell and remove them from the game. Shuffle that player’s library.

Shades of Fantasy (YXUB)
Sorcery
Target player chooses and discards a card. Draw a card.
That player loses X life.
You lose X-Y life.

Turn Around (4UU)
Instant
Counter target spell.
Put a copy of that spell on the stack, under your control. You may change the target(s) of that spell. X (and Y) in that spell is 0. That spell can’t be countered.

Unconscious Urges (1UU)
Enchantment
Whenever you cast a spell, you may draw a card. If you do, put a Beast counter on Unconscious Urges.
At the beginning of your opponent’s upkeep step, that player may pay up to X, where X is the number of Beast counters on Unconscious Urges. If he or she does, put a creature token into play under that player’s control. Treat that token as an X/X Green creature that counts as a Beast. That creature has haste. Remove it from the game at the end of the turn.

Unconscious Fantasy (5)
Sorcery
You must pay at least 1 colored mana to cast Unconscious Fantasy.
Unconscious Fantasy is the colors of all the mana types you paid to cast it.
For each B paid for the cost: Target player loses 1 life.
For each U paid for the cost: Tap target artifact, creature, or land.
For each W paid for the cost: You Gain 2 life.
For each G paid for the cost: Target creature gains +1/+1 and trample until end of turn.
For each R paid for the cost: Unconscious Fantasy deals 1 damage to target creature.

Spiritual Destruction (3BW)
Enchantment
As Spiritual Destruction comes to play, switch life totals with your opponent.
At the beginning of your upkeep step, you lose 1 life.
If Spiritual Destruction is put into the graveyard from play, you lose half you life.

Some of these cards are amazing...I just can't imagine Cerebral Gravity and the ACC cards. Holy Trinity is the ONLY Legend in Magic (so far) that you actually would WANT to play 4 copies of. Turn Around is almost a must in Blue decks...so is Enigmatic Echo. How about Smell of Desire? The best life-gain card in Magic so far...and balanced too...WotC? THAT'S how you make life-gain playable.

See, even if these cards are "slow", when you see a set full of them...you'll like the set...simply because there are just so many kind of unique ideas that you can experience with.

Share your ORIGINAL thoughts too...I love seeing something new...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Wow. These ARE original. The only concept that is not original is the Y casting cost, which was in the Unglued card "Ultimate Nightmare of Wizard's of the Coast Customer Service", and that also included a Z casting cost.

Ransac, cpa trash man

F

FoundationOfRancor

[Enigmatic Echo
hmmm...comparable to Dismiss. Obviously an excellent card; first its a counter spell, then its a reuasble orims chant. I think it maybe be a little bit to powerful at 3UU, but not overly so.

Illusions of Reality
This one I can see some real ruling problems with. It never targets a creature, so you dont know what your putting a token into play of. I think it would be better to word it as this:

"When comes into play, choose a creature. Put X token creatures into play. Treat these are copies of the chosen creature. X is equal to the number of creatures you control. Return each non-token creature you control to owners hand."
Its obviously not the same, but I think this is the best way wording wise. Obviously, this is stronger than your original version, so you might want to tinker with cost.

Holy Trinity
This card is very interesting, but overpowerd. Sure, it makes you pack 4 legends, but it also thins your deck, alot. And if you do take all of them its a permanent Reverant Mantra for one less. I think you should either make it cost 1 more, make it a 1/1, or edit the protection to be all other creatures.

Cerebral Gravity
This is pretty playable in fish decks as acounter sideboard just with the drawback ability being so good. Intersting card, cc balanced.

Igniting Winds
This, in my opinion, is the most original and creative card presented in this set. Perfectly balanced and playable. The best thing is that it doesent limit you to four. Awesome card.

Smell of Desire
This certainly is a powerful card. Im wondering if its too powerful (If thats even possible with lifegain). Its a 10 life gain atleast for four turns, then a 4 turn life gain afterwards, not to mention 2 or 3 more life points in the middle there. This is one of those cards that needs playtesting.

Principles of Lust
Its a ok card, but im not sure that the whole "Y" thing is even needed. Check it,

Principles of Lust Beta(2UB)
Enchantment
Whenever an opponent successfully casts a spell, you may pay X, and pay life equal to that cards converted mana cost. If you do, search that player’s library for X copies of that spell and remove them from the game. Shuffle that player’s library.

Shades of Fantasy
This card seems to be two conflicting cards in one. Its balanced as is, but it doesent really make sense.

Turn Around
Either 7 mana or the cannot be counted thing should be cut.

Unconscious Urges
Seems pretty stable to me. And creative, to boot.

Unconscious Fantasy
Seems a bit on the weak side to me , I think it merits an Instant status...

Spiritual Destruction
Spirit Mirror? Hmmm....dunno.

These are great cards. Im not sure if you were looking for critiquing for not, im sorry if you werent!

I still think Savage Mammoth is really creative...but no one else does.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I don't have many cards like this, but I do have an idea.

Fortunately it isn't a mechanic, so it doesn't require the hassle of endless ruling issues, but it can still be used to determine the direction of such a set.

There have been a couple of cards or so in each set that depend on some number of things for their effect.
But if a set were made of these cards, especially if the numbers were conflicting, it might be very interesting. It would certainly turn strategy on its head.

This is an example, although not a very good one for showing the immense potential of this theme.

Zaba Library
Land
Tap: Add one colorless mana to your mana pool.
Tap: Draw a card, then discard a card from your hand. You may only play this ability if you have exactly three cards in your hand.

This may be too plain for your tastes. If it is, I don't blame you.
But it would certainly make an interesting set.

Ransac: I don't think the Y is the original part. I'm pretty sure DÛke has used X and Y before, and the most recent version of Fireball is XYR.

P

Prince RXI

this has inspired me to make good cards, here goes...

Rampant Incests (3RG) 2/3
Summon- Incests
When Rampant insects comes into play, you may pay 5 mana. If you do, choose two of the following:
Gain +2/+2
trample
first strike
2 target creature get a -1/-1 counter for each rampant incests in play
Repel (When ~this comes into play, chose a creature type. ~This~ can not be delt damage by, be target of any abilities by, or blocked by this creature type.)

Life's End (2BW)
Instant
Kicker: 3
Life's end deals 3 damage to target creature or player
If you paid the kicker choose one of the following:
Put a 2/2 black knight token with swordsmanship (If ~This~ is blocked by a creature without swordsmanship, at the end of combat destroy the blocking creature) into play
you gain 3 life
prevent the next 3 damage to target creature or player (this protection carries from turn to turn)
Put a 2/2 white knight token with "Tap, gain 1 life. Use this ability only if you life is below 5"

Well? How do you like them?

Prince RXI, inspired

M

MrXarvox

Rampant Incests... caused by those Unconscious Urges I guess...

I'm sure you mean Insects, RXI, not Incest...

D

DÛke

...First, I'd like to give a shout out to the people who created cards in this thread. Each one was unique. Thank you for offering something WotC would dream of producing. :)

Now...

Ransac - The Y in Shades of Fantasy isn't the unique part. The whole card, as FoR noted, "doesn't really make sense." That's my whole point. Unreal.

FoR - I don't mind your critiques at all. Mostly, I just wanted to show how there are more ideas that are not being explored because WotC is afraid, lacks talent, or something...
MrXarvox:
Rampant Incests... caused by those Unconscious Urges I guess...
...Very funny. :)

More unique and unreal card ideas:

Forthcoming Disease (2B)
Sorcery
Creatures gain -1/-1 until end of the turn.
If there's 1 or more Forthcoming Disease cards in your graveyard, you may choose to destroy all creatures instead. They can't regenerate.

Sadist's Call (4UB)
Instant
Untap and gain control of target creature until end of the turn. That creature gains haste.
You may pay up to X life, where X is that creature's total mana cost. For each 1 life paid this way, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature and draw a card.

Reverie (U)
Sorcery
Search your library for a Reverie card and put into your hand. Shuffle your library.
If there are 3 or more Reverie cards in your graveyard, you may take an extra turn after this one instead.

Unfading Thoughts (2U)
Instant
Search your library for an Instant or Sorcery card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library.
If there's 1 or more Unfading Thoughts card in your graveyard, you may return an Instant or Sorcery card from your graveyard into your hand instead.

Holy Trace (3WW)(3/3)
Creature – Karmic Spirit
Flying
If there is one or more Holy Trace card in your graveyard, Holy Trace costs 3 less to play.
As Holy Trace comes into play from your hand, draw a card.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you don't have a Holy Trace card in your graveyard, sacrifice Holy Trace and draw a card.

Eye of the Shadow (3BB)
Enchantment
Whenever a Black creature you control is put into the graveyard from play, put a Reflection token into play. Treat it as a copy of that creature. This creature is White.

Eye of the Storm (2U)
Enchantment
Spells cost 4 more to play.
Whenever a spell is cast, sacrifice Eye of the Storm.

Illogical Divinity (4BB)
Creature - Enigma
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Illogical Divinity is Black, it becomes a White creature with: "Sacrifice Illogical Divinity: Destroy target artifact or enchantment." If Illogical Divinity is White, it becomes a Black creature with: "Sacrifice Illogical Divinity: Destroy target creature. It can't regenerate."
3/3

These cards are unique...perhaps some don't even follow the "rules" of Magic. Illogical Divinity can be cast by a mono-Black player, wait a turn, and be able to destroy an artifact or an enchantment. It's about time, I think. Eye of the Storm is probably a great control card, while Reverie is a Time Walk that costs you a total of UUUU and 4 cards. Its power is comes from its ultimate flexability.

M

MrXarvox

Dreams of Oblivion 1UUU
Enchantment
When Dreams of Oblivion comes into play, remove your hand from the game.
You may not attack or play any cards.
Your hand limit is 1 card.
All damage dealt to you is reduced to zero.
You may not be the target of spells or abilities.
You may pay 3 life to sacrifice Dreams of Oblivion.
When Dreams of Oblivion leaves play, discard your hand and draw a card.

I think it works.

M

MrXarvox

...and another.

Dreams of Terror 2BB
Enchantment
When Dreams of Terror comes into play, remove your hand from the game.
You may pay 1 life to sacrifice Dreams of Terror.
During your upkeep, draw a card and pay 2 life.
You may not attack or play spells.
When Dreams of Terror leaves play, lose 7 life, then gain 5 life.

Nightmares can bring epiphany and cost you your life at once. You can't let yourself drop below 7 life playing this card, or you die upon "waking". That lets you draw an additional 6 cards if you started out at 20 life. if you survived the waking process, then you are relieved, but wary. 5 life makes sense for that feeling.

D

DÛke

......Good cards MrX. I especially like the "waking" part of each card. They give the card a "feeling" rather than just a simple ol'card...good job!

Now, I have the most wild cards up to date...this is my most eccentric work:

Shades of Holiness (4WW)
Enchantment
At the beginnging of your upkeep, gain 1 life.
For each 1 life you gain, you may deal 1 damage to target creature or player instead.

Time for Destiny (3WW)
Instant
Until end of the turn, creatures can't attack and spells can't be played.
If there's 1 or more Time for Destiny cards in your graveyard, choose 1: set your life to 20, draw up to 7 cards, or destroy all creatures. They can't regenerate.

Mental Limits (3UU)
Enchantment
Whenever a spell is countered, put it on Mental Limits instead of the graveyard. Copies of spells on Mental Limits can't be played.
When Mental Limits is put into the graveyard from play, return all cards on it back to owner's hand.
3UU: Counter target spell.

Echo of God (4WW)
Creature - Avatar Angel
Flying
As Echo of God comes into play, destroy all other creatures you control and search your library for all Echo of God cards and put them into play. Shuffle your library.
At the beginning of your upkeep step, sacrifice a creature. If an Echo of God is sacrificed this way, remove it from the game and put a creature from your graveyard into play.
4/4

Wouldn't you just love a set full of these cards? Yes, these are rare-worthy, but believe me...I can make unreal commons too...in fact, next time...I'll be makin' some amazing commons and show once and for all...that Magic cards don't have to revolve around the same concept for decades...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Originally posted by DÛke
...show once and for all...that Magic cards don't have to revolve around the same concept for decades...
This made me think... after all, Magic is more than 8 years old already... I didn't usually think about that much. I know it's obvious if you do, but still...

Nature's Deed (stupid name)
2G
Sorcery
Sacrifice three forests, then draw four cards.

Transfixed Gaze
WBG
Enchant Creature
When Transfixed Gaze comes into play, choose target creature.
When enchanted creature attacks, the chosen creature blocks it if able.
When the chosen creature attacks, enchanted creature blocks it if able.
If the chosen creature leaves play, put a brooding counter on enchanted creature.
If enchanted creature has a brooding counter on it, it can't attack or block.

Zaban Sunset
2RU
Enchantment
At the end of the declare attackers step, tap all creatures attacking player controls without summoning sickness that weren't assigned to attack. Then Zaban Sunset deals 1 damage to each attacking creature.
During your upkeep, if you control less than two creatures, sacrifice Zaban Sunset.

Pineshadow Chameleon
2G
Creature - Lizard
3/3
Lands you control are basic forests.

Sulfur Spitter
2GG
Creature - Beast
6/6
Lands you control are basic swamps.

Tear Asunder
1RW
Instant
If target creature's power is greater than its toughness, remove it from the game.

Wall of Ooze
1BG
Creature - Wall
1/4
When Wall of Ooze blocks, if exactly one other creature also blocks, put a -0/-2 counter on all blocked creatures.

Warped Mirror
1WB
Enchantment
When a creature is put into the graveyard from play, its owner may pay 2 life. If he or she does, that player puts a 0/X black and white Spirit creature token into play under his or her control, where X is the converted mana cost of the original creature.

Pinewind
G
Sorcery
Tap all creatures with toughnesses of 1.

Psionic Thief
3UU
Creature - Illusion
2/3
When Psionic Thief is blocked, discard your hand, then draw a number of cards equal to the number of cards in your opponent's hand and skip your next draw step.

Bonfire
1RR
Enchantment
During each player's upkeep, if there are four or more creatures in play, Bonfire deals 1 damage to each creature.

Æther Turbulence
RRUU
Enchantment
Whenever a player is dealt combat damage by a creature, each player draws cards equal to the creature's toughness divided by two, round down.

C

Cateran Emperor

Alright, this is where I'm at!

First of all, I think my super nutty enchantment belongs in here:

Ragnarok
5RRRRR
Enchantment
Ragnarok may not leave play.
As Ragnarok comes into play, all players choose from creatures they control and creatures in their hands, libraries, and graveyards 5 creature cards and put them into play face down. Then, all players remove their hands, graveyards, libraries, and all other permanents they control from the game.
You do not lose the game as a result of being reduced to 0 or less life or for not being able to draw a card.
All creatures gain "T: This creature deals damage equal to its power to target creature."
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, if they control no creatures, they lose the game.

Other bizarrely cool ideas:

Emotional Seraph
2W
Creature - Angel; 7/7
Flying, attacking does not cause Emotional Seraph to tap.
Emotional Seraph gets -1/-1 for each creature card in any graveyard.

Legendary Gambit
2RR
Instant
Play Legendary Gambit only during an opponent's upkeep.
During target opponent's attack step, you become the attacking player and that opponent becomes the defending player (you declare attacking creatures against that player as normal, he assigns blockers as normal)
You may not play spells during your next turn.

Pallisades of Heaven
2WWW
Enchantment
You cannot be the target of spells or abilities.
Creatures you control can block as though they had flying.
Whenever a non-flying creature attacks you, that creature loses first strike until end of turn and creatures you control gain first strike until end of turn.

Cateran, Dragon Knight
2WW
Creature - Human Knight Legend; 3/5
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay UGW.
If you paid Cateran's upkeep cost, until your next upkeep Cateran cannot be the target of spells or effects, gains flying, does not tap to attack, and gains +6/+0.
If you did not pay Cateran's upkeep cost, until your next upkeep Cateran's power becomes 0 and Cateran gains "2W: Gain 2 life."

M

MrXarvox

More of my "dream" cards:

Dreams of Old 3G
Enchantment
When Dreams of Old comes into play, remove your hand from the game.
You may not attack, draw cards or play any cards.
Your hand limit is 3.
During your upkeep, sacrifice a land and select a card from your graveyard. The selected card is put into your hand. Use this ability only once each turn.
You may sacrifice a land to sacrifice Dreams of Old.
When Dreams of Old goes to the graveyard from play, put your hand on top of your library in any order.

A dream of the past is often more tangible than its real-life subjects. Bringing back memories might return the means to recreate them.

Dreams of Chaos RRRRR
Enchantment
When Dreams of Chaos comes into play, discard a card.
You may not attack or play cards normally.
During your upkeep, randomly select a spell from your hand. If that spell requires a target and/or a variable, select that randomly also. Put that spell into play, paying its mana cost and any additional costs. If you cannot pay enough mana for that spell, tap all mana-producing lands you control. If you cannot sacrifice enough permanents, sacrifice all applicable permanents.
When Dreams of Chaos leaves play, discard your hand.

A red mage is generally insane, meaning dreams and reality are hand in hand. During sleep, loss of control over what your mind is doing (when your mind is full of chaos anyway) can mean all kinds of disaster. In fact, this card has no intentional 'waking'- meaning that the only way to regain a shard of sanity is through a stroke of luck, or the benevolence of an enemy wary of the potential million-damage fireball- which could, however, be directed at yourself. And you could make it that big, for while you've lost control, why stop at the limits of reality? An excessively powerful card for those using Ivory Mask, hence the all-red, inflated cc.

Dreams of Romance 2WW
Enchantment
When Dreams of Romance comes into play, remove your hand from the game.
You may not attack or play cards.
When you would draw a card, gain 2 life instead.
You may pay 4 life to sacrifice Dreams of Romance.
When Dreams of Romance leaves play, draw a card.

A romantic dream is an invigorating experience, as you enter a world where you are full of happiness and love... and lust. Such fantasies are made real in dreams and can heal a damaged mind.

Dreams of Inspiration 1WU
Enchantment
When Dreams of Inspiration comes into play, set your hand aside.
You may not attack or play cards.
During your upkeep, sacrifice Dreams of Inspiration.
When Dreams of Inspiration leaves play, put a +1/+1 counter on all creatures you control, take all cards set aside by this card into your hand, and gain 6 life.

One that makes more difference while one is awake, this card makes you want to wake up so you can begin your day with newfound strength. Nothing great can be accomplished in your sleep, after all.

more later

D

DÛke

TICM - Sulfur Spitter, Psionic Thief, and Wall of Ooze are amazingly original. I wish you stay away from cards like Nature's Deed and Tear Asunder, for they're cards WotC may print in one shape or another. Sulfer Spitter is amazingly simple, and very original too! Good job.

Cateran Emperor - Ragnarok is insane. You know what? If you could simplify Ragnarok. Me personally, I don't like cards with so much text. :p Legendary Gambit is my favorite out of your list. Simple, original. Period. I was gonna give you credit for Cateran Dragon Knight, but it looks like something I would have came up with for Subterfuge.

MrX - Those are mighty texty cards there! :) However, I find them all to be something that no one else would have made. Perfect.

You know what? I think you guys should write something about each card of yours, like MrX, to explain what the card means to you, and how its name, abilities, and flavor text all tie in to make something that is made by, and only by you. :)

Ok, here are some of the "unreal" BLUE common-worthy cards that are playable, new in concept, and best of all, something WotC would only dream of making :p:

Feeble Distraction (U)
Enchantment
The first spell the opponent plays each turn costs 1 more to play.
Every other spell the opponent plays after the first spell costs 1 less to play.

>>Hey, it's as bad as it may seem. In a Blue creature deck, Feeble Distraction is not bad at all. Distract them now, worry about the "feebleness" later. I don't need to explain why it's "feeble". :)

Dream Caller (UU)
Creature - Wizard
As Dream Caller comes into play from your hand, shuffle your library and remove the top card of it from the game. Put a Dream token into play. Treat it as an X/X Blue creature with haste, where X is the remove card's total mana cost. Sacrifice the token at the end of the turn.
1/1

>>She knows your deepest fantasy. She has the power to make it come true. Dreams and fantasies are just illusions of the mind...so she this Dream Caller doesn't assure anything. I think she's playable in rush decks. That's not that point. It's orignal. That's the point.

Memorial Echo (U)
Instant
Search your library for a copy of target Instant or Sorcery spell and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library. Draw a card.

>>Could this be better than Mystical Tutor? Maybe. It's not as easy to get what you want though. You have to cast the spell first, then "remember its echo through your memories," search your thoughts, and maybe be able to use it again. I think it's good of an common. Even an uncommon.

Lag (U)
Instant
Counter target spell and remove it from the game.
At the beginning of that spell's caster next main step, put a copy of that spell on the stack. That spell can't be countered.
Draw a card.

>>Another card that maybe used in rush decks. You stop what you fear now, and worry about it next turn. Maybe it's better than Memory Lapse in rush decks, seeing how Lag replaces itself...most importantly, it's unique.

Works of Phobia (UU)
Creature - Beast Illusion
Flying
You may play Works of Phobia any time you could play an Instant.
As Works of Phobia comes into play, choose target spell on the stack, and put X +1/+1 counters on Works of Phobia, where X is that spell's total mana cost.
1/1

>>Every being has a fear, and Works of Phobia is only alive to bring your nightmares to life. This fear of yours isn't going away, and it's using it against you. By analyzing your strength (...choose target spell on the stack), it can see what you fear ...(put X +1/+1 counters.)

Works of Abuse (1U)
Creature - Beast Illusion
Flying
Whenever 2 or more spells of the same color are cast in a row, put a +1/+1 counter on Works of Abuse.
0/3

>>So you're an abusive mage? This is your punishment. You like to cast multiple spell Giant Growths and whatever? Well, you should worry now...this thing only get's bigger the more your abuse...yourself. Beware your own power...

Paradoxi (1U)
Enchant Creature
Tap enchanted creature: Put a Illusion token into play. Treat it as an exact copy of enchanted creature, except that the token creature loses all of its abilities and gains flying. That creature gains haste. Sacrifice it at the end of the turn.

>>Why attack with the original thing when you can make an Illusion of it? Why endanger the main species when you can "paradoxi" them? I see this card being very popular. You can create the illusion every turn...even better...it has flying. I add the "...loses all of its abilities..." because I didn't want people using this on cards like Bone Shredder and Radiant's Dragoons. Heh...

More later...

C

Cateran Emperor

I'll get some unreal white commons now.

Cycle of Life
WW
Instant
Shuffle target attacking creature into its controller's library. It's controller may pay G. If they do, that player may search his library for a copy of that creature card and put that creature card into play. That player then shuffles his library.

Imperial Trooper
W
Creature - Human Soldier; 1/1
Banding. Other Imperial Troopers banding with Imperial Trooper get +1/+0 until end of turn.

Imperial Artillery
2W
Creature - Human Soldier; 1/4
X, tap: Imperial Artillery deals 4 damage divided any way you choose among any number of target creatures, where X is those creatures' combined converted mana cost.

Heavenly Wake
W
Instant
Target blocking creature you control gets +5/+5 until end of turn. If there are two or more Heavenly Wake cards in your graveyard, you may instead give any target creature +5/+5 until end of turn.

Imperial Dragon Knight
Creature - Human Knight, 2/2
U: Imperial Dragon Knight gains flying until end of turn.
G: Double Imperial Dragon Knight's power and Imperial Dragon Knight gains Trample until end of turn. You may not play this ability unless you have already played the U ability this turn. Play this ability no more than once per turn.

Imperial Justice
W
Instant
Destroy target attacking creature, it can't be regenerated.
If that creature is black, remove that card from the game.
If that creature is red, you gain life equal to its power.
If that creature is green, its controller gains life equal to its power.
If that creature is blue, its controller may draw a card during his next upkeep.
"To our enemies, swift death, to our allies, our condolences."

Heaven's Vault
1WW
Enchantment
Remove a card in your graveyard from the game: gain 2 life or prevent the next 1 dmage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn.

D

DÛke

...good job Cateran Emperor. THOSE are original, except for Heaven's Vault. I think there are similar cards already printed. It's new, nontheless. :)

More common Blue cards:

Pouring Rain (U)
Instant
Until end of the turn, spells cost 1+X more to play, where is the number of Pouring Rain cards in your graveyard. At the beginning of your upkeep step, if there are 4 or more Pouring Rain cards in your graveyard, you may shuffle them back into your library.

>>Who can stop the Pouring Rain? It comes down forver. The more it rains, the harder you see...the harder you see, the more difficult it is to perform tasks...

Mental Projection (1U)
Creature - Illusion
Flying
As Mental Projection comes into play, your opponent names a card. When that card is successfully cast, sacrifice Mental Projection.
1/3

>>It's that single "thing" in your head that fears everything, even its own mind.

Fickle Dreams (2U)
Creature - Illusion
Fickle Dreams is unblockable.
As Fickle Dreams comes into play, your opponent names a card. When that card is cast, that opponent gains control of Fickle Dreams.
2/2

>>It's the dream you had last night. Now, it's coming reality...it turns out it's more of a nightmare. Yes, dreams change...because most dreams are associated with certain someone or something...and the absence or presence of this "someone" or "thing" may be the end of your dreams.

Self Denial (U)
Instant
Counter target spell.
The first spell you cast, after casting this Self Denial, is countered.

>>Ahh, Blue weenie's best friend. Like my other Blue weenie concepts, the idea is to be safe now, and not worry about later...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Sorry.
I was just posting all the ideas that came to my mind, unconcerned with whether they were extremely original or just new.
I'll try to post more original ideas in the future.

Anyway, I know it wouldn't take a common slot, but here's an interesting concept that I doubt will see print:
Reliquary Fanaticism
3UU
Enchantment
When Reliquary Fanaticism comes into play, choose target opponent. Then gain control of all artifacts that player controls. Then that player gains control of all creatures you control. Put an exchange counter on each of these permanents.
When Reliquary Fanaticism leaves play, each player gains control of all permanents he or she owns that have exchange counters on them. Then remove these counters.

And something that might be a common slot:

Darkling Taint
3B
Enchant Land
Enchanted land has "Tap, Pay 3 life: Add BB to your mana pool." and loses all other abilities.

[Edit: Keep in mind that you can cast Darkling Taint on opposing player's lands. The extra versatility is why it costs 3B. But I wouldn't mind making it cost 2B or something.]

More commons to follow.

I think Paradoxi should be changed a little bit, so that the player who controls the creature gets the creature.
It should read 'Enchanted creature has "Tap: Put a Illusion token into play. Treat it as an exact copy of enchanted creature, except that the token creature loses all of its abilities and gains flying. That creature gains haste. Sacrifice it at the end of the turn." '
Also, this way, the token can't be created when the enchanted creature has summoning sickness.
Of course, you may not want those changes, so feel free to ignore me.

C

Cateran Emperor

DUke - I think I'll leave the flavor text to you. I just can't get nearly as good at that ;)

Seismic Shock
R
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a Quake counter on Seismic Shock for every land you control.
At the beginning of each of your opponents upkeeps, Seismic Shock deals X damage to each creature, where X is the number of Quake counters on it.
Sacrifice Seismic Shock if at any time you control fewer lands than there are Quake counters on it.

TICM - Make the Taint B to cast. Heck, you are paying 3 life on top of everything else.

Only one tonight, paper to write. Until tomorrow :cool:

D

DÛke

...heh...I have 2 papers to write. I work and play at the same time. My concept for living. :)

Seismic Shock is hip.

Reliquary Fanaticism is weird, but cool. I don't think it'd see much play.

Darkling Taint is way overcosted. I don't think it's that original, but LOOK, you don't need to justify it. What's "this" in my eye, maybe "that" in yours...so who cares? :)

More cards:

Electrify (U) (Common)
Instant
As an additional cost to play Electrify, discard a card from your hand. Electrify deals X damage to target creature or player, where X is the amount of U in the discarded card's total mana cost?

>>Ok, this card is cool, I think. It's for Blue weenies who want something like Shock. I don't think it'd see much play, but hey, it's original.

Voice and the Snake (GG) (Uncommon)
Creature - Snake
Whenever you cast a spell, put a -1/-1 counter on Voice and the Snake.
Voice and the Snake can't attack unless you have cast a spell this turn.
5/5

>>Green beatdown, here I come! A lot like Skyshroud Ridgeback, but it looks better. :)

Contradicting Elf (3G) (Common)
Creature - Elf Wizard
Whenever a spell is countered, put X +1/+1 counters divided anyway you choose among any number of target creatures, where X is that spell's total mana cost.
GG: Counter target spell you control.
2/2

>>So you thought harming yourself isn't good? Not in this case. It's good against Blue, and I made it so it's good anyway. Use it later in the game when some cards that cost 4 and 5 just don't do enough good...

The Colors of Contradiction (GG) (Rare)
Instant
Counter target spell you control. Draw 3 cards.

>>Who said countering your 1/1 Elf in turn 7 isn't good?

Experience Theif (1U) (Common)
Creature - Theif Wizard
Instants and Sorceries cost your opponent 1 more to play, and cost you 1 less to play.
1/1

>>Ok, so it's not that powerful! I was thinking: there are "vampiric" cards like Soul Feast and Drain Life...why not have a card that drains "how easily a player can cast spells"? Check out the next card...

Sudden Urgencey (4UU) (Rare)
Enchantment
Spells cost your opponent 3 more to play and cost you 3 less to play.
At the end of your next turn, remove Sudden Urgencey from the game.

>>I like it. It's a card that explains these moments when YOU have all these thoughts that you MUST speak out, to the point where you don't even let others have their share-fair of talking...it's the point where it's all about you, you, and more you.

Later...:)

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by DÛke
Unconscious Fantasy (5)
Sorcery
You must pay at least 1 colored mana to cast Unconscious Fantasy.
Unconscious Fantasy is the colors of all the mana types you paid to cast it.
For each B paid for the cost: Target player loses 1 life.
For each U paid for the cost: Tap target artifact, creature, or land.
For each W paid for the cost: You Gain 2 life.
For each G paid for the cost: Target creature gains +1/+1 and trample until end of turn.
For each R paid for the cost: Unconscious Fantasy deals 1 damage to target creature.
Huh. Oh well. This card and Enhance are similar in concept, but not in design. One is designed for a one-time potentially powerful effect, the other is designed as a one-two punch that gives otherwise vanilla creatures those extra 'oomph'. (Spiritmonger is good already. Wouldn't he be great with a GU Enhance?)