In for the long haul or not.

C

Crackdown

I'll play Magic as long as my kids want.

If you don't have any opponents, have kids.

Of course, there's a bit of a time lag involved, but nothing you can't handle with some patience.

M

Mundungu

I definitly plan to keep my collection for my kids later, like my D&D and my comic books.

G

Gryphonclaw

I have liked just about every set that 'no-one' else liked, this includes fallen empires and homelands.
Fallen empires practically defined the three major creature types that remain strong, elves, goblins, and merfolk. It also had dwarves, orcs, and ?fungus? I LOVED the thallids, and wish they could see the type 2 environment.
As for homelands, there was some crap, but a lot of the cards were just a lower power level, like leaping lizard, this guy was cool!
1GG for a 2/3 with "1G: Leaping Lizard gains flying until end of turn."

U

Ura

Nahh Dune.
I loved Fallen Empires, it had Dwarves! :D
Homelands on the other hand left something to be desired.

T

The Magic Jackal

To spiderman:

<----------(7)--------

HAHA, I killed Spiderman :)

G

Gryphonclaw

Let's see here, (and I'm not a comic aficianado)
Doc Octopus couldn't do it...
Vulture couldn't do it....
Electro couldn't do it.....
Kingpin couldn't do it......
The entire spider slayers thing didn't do it.......
Green goblin couldn't do it.....
Venom couldn't do it.........
Even Carnage couldn't do it.......
(though the last two came close)

But Magic Jackal did, Way to go.
Although I really liked the character.

T

The Magic Jackal

I should have my own magic card, that's how good i am.
The Magic Jackal
Can't be the target of spells or abbilities
Prevent all damage done to the Magic Jackal
The Magic Jackal cannot be countered, destroyed, or sent to the graveyard in any other fashion
T: destroy target creature-this abbility cannot be prevented in any manner
5/5

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, this is veering off-topic...

I think Thanos (or his consort) also did it during the Infinity Gauntlet affair.

However, Adam Warlock graciously put things right, so I'm hoping he'll step in here too. :)

A

Almindhra

My boyfriend started me playing Magic...I've been playing since Exodus...I really enjoy it too...Its too bad that more females aren't into it...but hey, makes me feel more special...Although, up at these tournys we use to go to, there was the Judge's gfriend who wore Argothian style outfits...lol......

I don't really think anything could stop me from playing Magic...Although I'm really starting to hate tournys cause I suck at them...After yesterday, I was ready to quit...but, my bf is good, so I go and support him with losing I guess....

And Anna-Nicole Smith dreams?!...*cringe*...
have you guys seen her lately?...Isn't she like, strung out on drugs and pushing 300 lbs?...Anyway, I guess my dream would be,

Counter ANY blue counterspell
"Volrath whipped the lil' puny Ertai's buttocks and told him to take his counter magic and fudge pack it."

~Almindhra

T

theorgg

And eat some Fudge too!

kick ass!

yum...
countermagic and milk...

M

Major Crime

As long as possible.
If merfolk are removed from Magic.

Get WoC to improve the play testing, so that you stop getting erratas within a month of a set coming out.
Get WoC to put new gold cards into sets, even if it's only in the Classic sets.

Killer Joe

Whoa! This thread is, like, over a month long. However, not everyone has answered this month long question. Here\\\'s a \\\'twist\\\' on the question: If Wiz Co. were to stop making Magic cards, and no one else made them either, would you still play the game?
Do you still play Spellfire? OverPower? Red Zone? (trivia ?: what WAS the game Red Zone about?).

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Would I still play Magic: assuming I still had people to play with, probably. I\'d just make a bunch of different decks to keep things fresh. Besides, I still haven\'t bought any MM or NE, so I\'d still have new cards. :)

Do I play other CCGs: None of the ones you listed, but I have played (but don\'t currently play) a bunch of other CCGs.

Trivia question: If I am recalling correctly, Red Zone was a football CCG. Right?

Again: off topic here, but everyone edit their profile! Tons of new features!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd probably still play.

I haven't played the CCG's you mentioned either but I have played Wyvern, Illuminati, and one other but I don't play them now.

T

train

To quote a young, red-headed, freckled-faced baseball player....

"FOOOOOORRRRRRRR-EEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVV-ERRRRRRRRRR"!!!!