In for the long haul or not.

N

Notepad

I'm still hung up on the whole "'Anna-Nicole Smith' like dream" thing. I mean, she scares me... :eek: :( :eek: ...really. Do you mean, like nightmares? They printed nightmares. And they printed Smith, too, back in Unglued they called her BFM and she costs about as much mana as she would money if you did a mana-to-money conversion.

But anyway, that was real mean to try to scare all of us like that! Grr :mad: :mad: :mad:

J

Jigglypuff

I've been playing Magic for a pretty long amount of time. I've seen a lot of stuff happen (Black Summer, Combo Winter, etc.) but I've never considered quitting. I've stopped playing for a while when I hit college last year, but I always knew that I'd pick up the cards again during summer. I'm back in college again, but I've settled into a pretty regular group. It's made up of players that I already played with during the summer and before college, so I already know the people real well. We all meet at the gaming store and after it closes at 11pm (and I get off of work) we all go down to IHOP and play and eat until they kick us out (about 2am).

(- Steve -)
Wow, that got real long.

(- Steve -)

M

Mazzak

I took a hiatus from the game between high school and college because of my total isolation from civilization, but now I'm back in the game with a vengeance...

Considering that until just a few days ago I hadn't bought any cards in over a year (and was still playing avidly, ever since i met some players down here in college-land), I'd say I'd probably still be playing even if Wizards stopped printing new sets.

N

Notepad

I'm still here, but I haven't bought as much cards as I used to. Last purchase on MTGO was back at the 8E launch I think, and then only enough to play a draft. Last IRL purchase was 6 packs of Darksteel at 3 bucks a pop. Before that I dunno, maybe a few packs at the release of Mirrodin.

There really isn't much of a reason to buy too many cards for me, since the sets seem way less interesting than the days of Revised (when I started) and Invasion (when I came back after quitting during Urza block).

Plus, I don't have anybody to play, unless I drive about 50 miles north. MTGO is more of a bother than an actual replacement, too.

T

train

I'd never read this all the way through...

Counter ANY blue counterspell
"Volrath whipped the lil' puny Ertai's buttocks and told him to take his counter magic and fudge pack it."
Mindy and I have more in common than I ever knew...
:eek: :cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm still in but haven't been playing as much... barely once a month, so haven't really gotten a lot of cards... just what train has been able to send me and a couple of packs of Mirrodin here and there.

M

mythosx

1. I'd play until everyone in the world says they don't want to play anymore.

2. Look at one. Seeing how many other members here said the same thing. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

3. Ideal situation for magic? I wish they would all try to work things out properly instead of abondoning past 'mistakes'. I don't like how magic has currently taken a hard fast attachment to function over form. It is quite boring actually. Abandoning old keywords is a big big big big big big big disappointment. Banding? sure it was hard to understand. Rampage? Kinda complicated at first. But you know what? We were all better off for it and we loved it. Walking uphill, both ways, in the snow...

T

train

barefoot, naked, and without sight...

I don't think they need to have a completely open concept and bring more casual ideas into the mix.

M

mythosx

here, here. Hey I know mind bomb and storm seeker don't fit the color pie. I don't care! You know why? Cuz they had flavor. It made the game interesting. Casual concepts all the way. Cept Im not up for those unglued kind of things. I do NOT want to see a card that says, 1r and x target opponent must do x pushups or lose the game. I could probably do about 60 in one stretch at this point. I know, i know some joker would try to make me do infinite.

But back to flavor. No one sits around counting how much protien or carbs they can eat every day. It's just lame. Same thing with magic. Don't make a science out of it. Make it flavorful.

R

Reverend Love

I don't know about you guys but I know I'm in Magic for:

A: The Fame
B: The Wild Groupie Sex

As long as one of those two requirments are met, I'll stay in magic.

ain't that right Train!? ;)

Killer Joe

I don't care what Wiz Co. throws at me, I'll play it. And what ever I don't like I don't play it.

As long as there is a competative "Limited" format, I'm all good with that.

Otherwise, I'll play with cards I like and you play with cards YOU like. Let's Dance!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I've said that sort of thing to people, but they claim that I'm using broken cards or some such nonsense...

M

mythosx

hey killer joe, if they released a card called "butt darts" would you play with it? Its a dexterity card....and I'm not going to get into the details.

Killer Joe

Butt Darts
Artifact
Butt darts comes into play with 3 dart counters.
1, remove 1 dart counter, Tap: ~This~ does one damage to target player. That player must stand up until the beginning of his/her next upkeep.

:eek: