I'm...

D

DÛke

TICM -- Buddhism is just another religion. I have not read the "Crime and Punishement." I'm not gay.

And...

4. What?

Gizmo, the problem is...you're seeing too little. I drew no conclusions here. I haven't yet. Once again I'll repeat, this was for my *own musings*. Also, my life is perfectly fine...it's fine because I chose the right way so far, but the time has come for me to either choose to continue the easy, right path...or go on and search for answers. What the questions are should only matter to me...

T

terzarima

Buddhism is not necessarilly a religion dukling.

But in some cases it is.

I would just like to point that out.

G

Gizmo

Buddhism is interesting. Ive not really looked into it but its the only one of the major denominations I`d actually consider to be of interest.

U

Ura

Just to pipe in here about buddhism and buddists, since I am one, is that buddhism is considered by many to be more of a philosophy rather then a religion because it often lacks in practice some of the hallmarks that define traditional religions. Such as a god figure and the requirement of prayer/worship.
While it is reconized as a religion by the offcial world body even many practitioners of it will say that its more of a philosophy that they agree with than it is a religion like Christianity or Islam.
Some people I've talked to about it have even compared it to an art form or academic field of study.

Just my two cents. (thats about 0.000007 of a cent to those of you in the US) :p

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Yup.

More importantly, he didn't understand my post. I would like a pat on the back.

T

terzarima

Yeah... What Ura said ^_^

I'm trying my luck at this buddhism stuff. Its hard to get past all the crazy indian, chinese, and japanese terms.

D

Darsh

Getting some good research Duke? Three full pages...and I would have expected this thing to not even get past page one.

Might as well throw in my opinion so I can feel "justified" about thinking my thoughts are right while everyone else's are wrong.

Ah screw that, I'll just sum it up in one word.

Apathy.

Well anyway I hope this keeps going, it's entertaining to watch people argue passionatly about who's personal OPINION is right, even more so when it degenerates into a "civilized" name calling match. How mature of us all.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Now you're using one of your old alter-egos to give yourself advice? Are you on drugs or something? :rolleyes:

D

Darsh

...I hope you're just joking around Tomb, otherwise remember this:

I AM NOT DUKE. I'M NOT APOLLO. AND IT REALLY ******* PISSES ME OFF THAT EVERYONE THINKS THAT.

And I'm done.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Why would an alter ego get so many posts???

For reference:
TheGuyFromTheOtherPost is the only alter ego of DÛke.
Darsh is only the alter ego of m phoenix, who hasn't posted much, what with being Darsh and all.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Either him or Apollo admitted it in another thread, that Darsh is an alter-ego they shared for a while. M-Phoenix, I believe, was strictly Apollo's...

As to why an alter-ego should have so many posts, well, maybe when you share one, and you're having fun with it, that could happen. Don't forget - that was from back when we counted posts in the Off-Topic forum towards post counts.

I'm sure that helped run up their totals...;)

M

MrXarvox

If I remember correctly, that thread was inundated with joking claims on other members' names. But I'm too lazy to go and find it to see if my memory serves me well.

D

Darsh

Yes me and Apollo did have a running joke going that I was just a joke account of his, but that's only because my first name here M-Phoenix was so similiar to his name, hench the name change to Darsh.

Now me and Duke did switch names for awhile, mostly just to mess around with people and have fun.

Doe and I have talked a few times on aim, she might be able to vouch that I'm not Duke.

T

terzarima

I beleive I was also darsh for a day.

Or at least he was me for a day....