Ibc

How many IBC decks will use 4 Fact Of Fiction?

• 100%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 75%

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 50%

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 25% or less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

Gizmo

And I`ve played and beaten an LD deck very similar to the one Erik has posted, I think it was against LotusMox, who I met on Apprentice a couple of days ago.

L

Lotus Mox

yes I was the one who lost horrible to gizmo's deck, because he doesn't need that much mana to kill my critters or to Undermine my LD-spells, but I think my deck was sub-par to galtwish's.

I talked today with Gizmo a bit about IBC, especially about the Overabundance-G/R beatdown burn deck, which I'll present here and now.

G/R ManaBurn:

Lands(24)
4 Shivan Oasis (w/o any turn 1 drops they are superior to lairs)
1 Keldon Necropolis
12 Forest
7 Mountain

Creatures(20)
4 Thornscape Familiar
4 Kavu Titan
3 Yavimaya Barbarian
4 Raging Kavu (competing with Pincer Spider)
2 Skizzik
3 Shivan Wurm (I'm thinking about cutting them to 2)

Enchantments(4)
4 Overabundance

Burn(12)
4 Scorching Lava
4 Urza's Rage
4 Ghitu Fire

SB:
4 Hull Breach(great vs. Domain decks: I target this Restraint and this Draco)
3 Flametongue Kavu(vs. any deck containing creatures)
3 Kavu Chameleon
3 Tangle
2 Canopy Surge

Mana Curve:
1-0 (funny that in IBC the best 1st turn play is a tap-land)
2-15
3-12
4-0 :)
5-5(9 counting kavu titan w/kicker)
X-4

You are probably asking "where are the Fires?", well I think they are pretty poor in IBC for 4 reasons: Llanowar Elves, BoP, Blastoderm and last but certainly not least Saproling Burst.

Any suggestions or comments welcome.

edited:
Blurred Mongoose is a great idea it could give creatureless decks a headache, I also forgot to add Jade Leech into the creature mix (cutting 1 shivan Wurm and some other creatures)
/edited

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!

O

olwen

You could use Blurred Mongoose in place of the Yavimaya Barbarian.

C

Captain Caveman

No comments! Must be a really bad idea.

What about the "Domain" deck? Is it any good? I have no idea what a good decklist would look like so here's mine.

the Domain{partial decklist}{still unfinished}
4 Collective Restraint
4 Reviving Vapors
4 Harrow
4 Worldly Counsel
4 Absorb

3 Sterling Grove
3 Global Ruin
2 Elfhame Sanctuary(skip draw to avoid PT)
1 Exotic Disease
1 Collapsing Borders
1 Allied Strategies
1 Draco
2 Phyrexian Tyranny

X land

Caveman

I

Istanbul

I can't imagine not using Allied Strategies and Tribal Flames in this deck. 1R for 5 damage is just too good, and 4U for 5 cards...I'll take that all day long.

C

Captain Caveman

Ya, Tribal Flames and Allied Strategies would both be good in a Domain deck. I do have one A.S. in the deck.

I'm just tossing out ideas to see where they might go. I was hoping someone had a good decklist. I've been told this
type of deck is going to be pretty good but for the life of me I can't see it.

What about changing the deck some and adding a few Questing Hippo's? Anyone think that might work?

Caveman

G

Gizmo

Met a good Domain deck last night.

Collapsing Borders was a good kill/lifegain card - I was impressed.
Best tech was 2 maindeck Obliterates. They are a beating against the UBR sit-back-and-rage-you deck and because the deck is dominantly Enchantments it`s v.strong in the Domain deck anyway.

Still not convinced Domain is good enough to stand up to the best decks, but Obliterate and Borders were both good tech and improved the deck.

Also I`m using a nice BR aggro deck to test against. Mages Contest is key, and Planeswalker`s Fury could be a nice rogue answer to a metagame of deck using expensive spells and tonsd of creature removal, it was worth a win in all the games it came down in. The blue version looks equally strong, although I think it costs U3 to cast, which is a mark against it.

4 Mogg Sentry
4 Thunderscape Apprentice
4 Shivan Zombie
4 Hate Weaver
4 Vicious Kavu
2 Phyrexian Scuta

4 Assault/Battery
4 Maniacal Rage
4 Urza`s Rage
3 Mage`s Contest
1 Planeswalker`s Fury

4 Darigaaz`s Crater
5 Swamp
13 Mountain

Might be low on burn, need to see if Maniacal Rage is better than A.N. random burn spell, like Lava or Magma Burst or Ghitu Fire. The Caldera is good, let`s you make occasional elephants and use the green ability on the Apprentice from time to time.

G

Griffith_se

I'm kinda fool'in around with this deck I found, was the one You played anything like this?
I have Tribal Flames/Exotic Disease combo instead of Collapsing Borders, and no Obliterate.
Can this deck be fixed up without a total redo?

4 Tribal Flames
4 Exotic Disease
4 Global Ruin
4 Collective Restraint
4 Rushing River
4 Harrow
4 Scouting Trek
4 Worldly Council
4 Allied Strategy
4 Terminal Moraine
8 Forest
6 Island
2 Plains
2 Mountain
2 Swamp

G

galtwish

With Tokyo drawing near, it seems that most people are shutting up about IBC, especially the possiblity of beat down being viable. Any thought?

4 Thunderscape Apprentice
4 Llanowar Elite
3 Thornscape Familiar
4 Yavimaya Barbarian
4 Nomadic Elf
4 Kavu Titan
2 Horned Kavu
4 Explosive Growth
4 Gaea's Might
4 Wax/Wane
4 Urza's Rage/Scorching Lava
10 Forest
9 Mountian

Anti-Agenda/Fires
4 Assault/Battery
4 Scorching Lava
4 Urza's Rage
4 Tribal Flames
4 Ghitu Fire
4 Breath of Darigaaz
4 Canopy Surge
4 Harrow
4 Questing Pheddagriff
3 Plains
2 Island
8 Forest
11 Mountian

SB
4 Hull Breach
4 Collapsing Borders
4 Kavu Chameleon
3 Dismantelling Blow(?)

Erik

G

Gizmo

I think everybody has just realised that they won`t be playing any IBC ofr about another 3 months, and so it`s a dead format. I`m only designing IBC because:
1) I`m really bored with TypeII right now.
2) I`m designing with CMU and they are slightly more interested in IBC than most punters.

Killer Joe

Despite how many people 'dis' on them for being arrogant, they are some of the nicest people to know (especially Ron Kotwica and Mike Patnik):).