I get to play tonight

G

Gizmo

Hmm.
I`m not sure about Armageddon - it synergises with the Cats, but otherwise is terrible for your deck. Probably I would have to say that, vs control, you are simply going to be playing with far too slow an offensive surge, and they will be able to cope with it easily and then outdraw you. To beat control decks you either need to dig deep and find space for another 4-8 2cc 2/2 guys (or a Rebel engine of some kind) or try to splash a second color and go for more card manipulation (ie. Fact Or Fiction).

Cards like Parallax Wave, Armageddon, and Reverent Mantra are all temporal cards - in other words their impact is very brief and given time your opponent will recover from it. In this deck, with no card drawing, and no real offense that will end the game in the few turns of advantage that Wave or Geddon give you, you are are probably going to struggle.

In aggro matches I`m sure that the Angels and Waves are house, but in control matches you will find them subpar. The result is simply that, without any card drawing and without being able to force a serious clock on the matchup, you will not be able to beat a control deck.

I don`t know - the tournament version of this deck is probably CounterRebels, but that deck is about 60 cards different from your version here, so that`s not much help to you.

R

rkoelsch

I included the crusades and the obsidians for control decks and I think armageddon hurts control decks more than mine. I am trying to get the cards for a counter rebel deck but the absorbs are hard to come by. But your accessment is correct it has a lot harder time with control than beatdown.

B

Baskil

This is probably better suited for a whole other thread, but I don't think that Absorb is essential to a Counter-Rebel deck. You have access to other counters that don't have as strict a mana requiremnt (Power Sink, Counterspell)

R

rkoelsch

Played in a local tournament again last night.
my 3 opponents
Rebels- 0-2
These games were both close and I might have pulled out with better luck after an armageddon I needed 2 w mana for a blessing for my Angel but I get a plains and a crystal vein

Red Burn-2-0
these games weren't even close as he had nothing that really hurt me. He did manage to kill 2 angels in a row but had a tough time dealing with the kitties

Dark Fish 0-2
These were bad for me as I was never very close

So I have given up being rogue(maybe) and will put together
either Rebels, Counter-rebels or UW Control. But a question can I make a rebel deck if I don't have a rebel informer? It is almost required I am thinking.

G

Griffith_se

But a question can I make a rebel deck if I don't have a rebel informer? It is almost required I am thinking.

Yea, I think You're going to have to have Him.
Unless... You want to try Counter-Rebel, and use Washout.
Then again I probably don't know what I'm talk'in about.

G

Griffith_se

I know You said You give up on this idea. Have You tried it with a little splash of g/r?

Creatures
4 Glittering Lynx
4 Glittering Lion
3 Blinding Angel
1 Rith, the Awakener

Spell's
2 Story Circle
3 Enlightened Tutor
2 Wrath of God
2 Armageddon
3 Earthquake
3 Hurricane

Artifact's
3 Tangle Wire
4 Chimeric Idol
2 Cursed Totem

Land
4 Mountain
4 Karplusan Forest
4 Brushland
3 Rishadan Port
9 Plains

Sideboard
3 Crusading Knight
2 Brutal Suppression
3 Seal of Cleansing
1 Cursed Totem
1 Rout
1 Wrath of God
2 Light of Day
2 Spiritual Focus

R

rkoelsch

I think red would help tremendously. Not so sure of the green. I have already traded my earthquakes and Karplusan forest away. and I don't have any tangle wires or ports.

D

Duel

Orim's chant, perhaps

Of all the colors, I think BLACK is the one you want to splash. Tsabo's decree and quick removal, as well as discard.

R

rkoelsch

and duel I think the mass effect spells must be damage related to take advantage of the glitterer's ability

D

Duel

I dunno. I'm more worried about effectiveness than combo. I'd rather play tasbo's decree than earthquake, usually. It takes out blue skies, can hurt fires, can be cast as an instant, crushes rebel. Earthquake, inferno, etc are good, but not that good.