I get to play tonight

R

rkoelsch

going to a local card shop. They run tournaments on wednesday nights if enough people show up. I will be playing the blind cats deck and I made up a guardian deck for multiplayer just in case. I haven't played in like 3 weeks.

Z

Zadok001

Have fun! And good luck to ya'! Have fun, I hope you didn't forget any important rules...

:)

R

rkoelsch

That being said the first match was against an Avatar deck
I won the 1st game only seeing green creatures Blinding Angel finished him off. 2nd game he got too many creatures and I had no angel. 3rd game he voids for 5 taking 2 angels then a few turns later voids for 4 taking 2 paralax waves. He then cauldron dances out and avatar of fury and an avatar of woe to go with the avatar of might and attacks with all three. Needless to say I die. I then look for the 4 aramageddon that didn't show up the last 2 games

my next match was against a dark merfolk deck. Both games were close but he was a luckier player and won. the second game after casting numerous things that were countered I cast story circle. In response he casts fact or fiction
that nets him 2 brainstorms, 2 merfolk and a swamp. I separate into brainstorm merolk swamp, brainstorm merfolk, he cast brainstorm gets a counter.

My next 2 matches were against green decks and they turned out as they should winning all 3 games

Now what to do. I like the deck and it works well most times but I am wondering if I should keep trying with this deck or try counter rebel. any suggestions would be appreciated.

R

Rando

I had the same expeirences.

I don't know what build you are using, but I could never decide if it was supposed to be a aggresive deck or a control deck.

I do know one thing, it needs more threats, and more cheap threats so you can keep up with green and push through counters. Unfortunatly, there are not many good white weenies right now that aren't rebels.

Can you think of any 2 or 3 drop white creatures that would would be protected from the Wave of Reckoning?

Or maybe Voice of Reason? (is that the one from nemisis with Pro. white?) Or the new Voice of All, would it help?

And maybe even up the land count some and put in Remote Farms for even more Mana exceleration. You've already got the Crytal Veins, right? And the diamonds?

I don't know. I like this deck, but against really aggresive decks, it petered out. I don't know...

Post a new thread in the deck forum.

R

rkoelsch

Usually. My problem is against control decks.(if the admin wnat to move this to decks that is okay with me)

here is the current build

Blind Cats
4-Glittering Lynx
4-Glittering Lion
4-Chimeric Idols
4-Blinding Angels

4-Armageddon
4-Parallax Wave
3-Wave of Reckoning
3-Cho Manno Blessing
2-Seal of Cleansing
2-Cursed Totem
2-Enlightened Tutor

2-Marble Diamonds
2-Kor Haven
4-Crystal Veins
16 Plain

SB
3-Obsidian Acolyte
3-Last Breath
3-Wrath of God
2-Disenchant
2-Crusade
1-Ivory Mask
1-Story Circle

R

Rando

According to Neil and Gizmo's replys when I posted this deck a while back, they told me that the reason it did not do well against control was because this deck could not usually cast more then one spell per turn.

So how do we fix that?

My expeirence with this thing is that it did really well somtimes, and totally sucked other times.

But, since I have not played it since November, you probobly don't want my advice.

R

rkoelsch

I can always ignore it if I don't like it. Maybe I can put a little more mana in.

Here is the mana curve

1-6
2-9
3-8
4-8
5-7

I am thinking if I lose 1 Blessing and 1 Reckoning for 2 more land. The Blessings are nice can do some nice tricks with them and there is nothing like a blessed angel. But the reckoning only comes in handy ocassionally.

R

Rando

Maybe drop the Reckoning's all together for 1 more Idol and 2 more diamonds or a couple of Remote Farms? Or a couple of more creatures? Cho Manno?

R

rkoelsch

out 3 Wave of Reckoning
in 1 cho Manno
1 Marble Diamond
1 Plains

I don't like the remote farms. we'll try it without them

O

olwen

I saw someone else using totem and the glittering creatures with some red spells. Here's a stab at that with no testing whatsoever:

4 Glittering Lynx
4 Glittering Lion
4 Chimeric Idol
3 Flailing Manticore

3 Enlightened Tutor
4 Earthquake
3 Cursed Totem
3 Seal of Cleansing
3 Wrath of God
3 Parallax Wave

1 Dust Bowl
10 Mountain
15 Plains

Sideboard
1 COP:W/U/B/R/G
3 Millstone
1 Aura Fracture
4 Citadel of Pain
1 Light of Day
1 Obliterate

Since the deck is already geared towards creature control, the sideboard is more focused on control decks.

Enjoy!
--
Olwen

R

rkoelsch

Unfortunately I had traded my 3 earthquakes earlier and have been getting rid of red cards for others I needed.

R

rkoelsch

I thought about remove the waves of reckoning for reverent Mantras what do you think?

R

Rando

You could drop the Waves and 1 Blessing for 3 Reverant Mantra and 1 more Diamond or Plain!

The Mantra is a great card.

Or make it 2 and 2 on the Blessing and Mantra's and still add in Cho Manno for one more creature. The blessing is best on an angel anyway, and I've seen a lot of people play with just one and tutor for it, with a couple more in the Side in case of counter-magic.

R

rkoelsch

Blind Cats
4-Glittering Lynx
4-Glittering Lion
4-Chimeric Idols
4-Blinding Angels
1-Cho Manno Revolutionary

4-Armageddon
2-Reverent Mantra
4-Parallax Wave
2-Cho Manno Blessing
2-Seal of Cleansing
2-Cursed Totem
2-Enlightened Tutor

2-Marble Diamonds
2-Kor Haven
4-Crystal Veins
17 Plain

SB
3-Obsidian Acolyte
3-Last Breath
3-Wrath of God
2-Disenchant
2-Crusade
1-Ivory Mask
1-Story Circle

R

Rando

Damn.
Now I gotta go get the Angels that I traded back so I can try this deck again. I think it looks good.

R

rkoelsch

I really didn't have to much trouble getting them at the time but now the are getting hard to get ahold of. Good luck getting them. I am going to try to play again next wednesday I'll let you know how it does.