I finaly passed my Lvl 1 Test

T

train

Hey!...

You mean to tell me my Shaharazad, interrupt, raging river, banding, landhome, mana source, and chaos orb knowledge are no longer important...

Fine then!!!...

I'll just become a current Standard Judge... how bout them DCI rulings!!!...

:p

Then I can be on the list right?!!!....;)

E

EricBess

Well, I'm a judge. I guess train is a judge. I would have guessed that Spiderman, Chaos Turtle, and Jigglypuff at the very least were judges, but I guess that's not the case (JP, you're a judge, though, aren't you?) They should get their act together and test, because they probably should be judges.

To be a level 1 judge, you simply have to have a basic understanding of the rules and a desire to judge. I think that there are several people here who qualify and should test.

To be a level 2 judge, you need to have a serious interest in judging. In addition to a fairly strong rules knowledge, you have to be fairly good with people. Because there is a personal interest involved, it's harder to judge who would make a good level 2 without working with them in person.

To be a level 3 judge, you have to be crazy :eek: Seriously, though, you have to be able to work with both players and other judges. You need to be able to work with the organizer and run a clean event. You also need to be prepared to deal with uncomfortable situations without becoming intimidated. As much as anything, experience is very key at this level.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
train is a former judge. I think BigBlue is also.

I don't think Jigglypuff and Chaos Turtle are judges although I'm not positive about the latter. I'm definitely not. Why? 'Cause I don't really play enough. I'm just a rules nerd (though not as big as Jigglypuff) ;) )

Zadok is a possibility too.

At least theorgg is a judge. And you and Neo_Keo.

C

Chaos Turtle

The problem is that everytime I would have the opportunity to test, I am at a tournament that I took a weekend off of work and drove two hours to play in.

Perhaps I should re-sort my priorities...

T

train

I got my priorities straight...

"Yes sir, I understand there may be lags while waiting for calls... No, I don't mind surfing the net and building Magic Decks!...":cool:

And I am a former judge...

But could be a 1 if only they had FNM here in San angelo... Driving 90 miles for it is just whacked!...:eek: