I finaly passed my Lvl 1 Test

N

Neo_Keo

Actually more like I finaly got to take it and passed it.

I know its not big news but after trying to find a level 3 judge in the area to administer the test for a good portion of the year I finaly got my chance to take it at GP LA. Then the only thing was worrying about not choking on the written exam because if I did then its a wait for 3 months.

Next Goal.......

Go and gain some experiance to become a level 2 :)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Congratulations. :cool:

The more CPA judges the better.

T

train

Congratulations!!!...

Best bet... volunteer to judge as many local events as possible... and if you know someone taking a trip to a big event, use them for a ride... contact the head judge running it and volunteer to help out for them... If they tell you they don't have room or any extra prize support, remind them you're volunteering for the XP...

Even side events are good XP...

This way you have a ride to the event and get your XP!!!...

Wait a minute, this isn't D&D... Sorry 'bout that... same difference...:rolleyes:

P=Player, J=Judge

P - "Judge?!!!"
J - "Yes?"
P - "My opponent's playing with a BLack Lotus in this tournament!..."
J - "Okay, well... this is a type 1 tournament..."
P - "Well, he's giving me a hard time because I activated my Timmerian Fiends targeting his Lotus!!!"...
J - "Timmerian Fiends???..."
P - "Yeah, You know, from Homelands?!!..."

*The judge suddenly sends a backhand towards the player's forehead... A sudden smack is heard throughout the hall at Origins, followed by a loud: "Ow! That hurt..."*

J - "Well it shouldn't have... there's nothing in there to hurt!!!..."

:p

N

Neo_Keo

I thought the test was well written. The test shouldn't be rushed but I did it anyways.

Train - thanks for the advice, I know I'm gonna need it.

If any onehere lives in Southern California come down to Frank and Son. I'm the TO down there. I run drafts and every Wed and Saturday :)

A

Almindhra

Hey thats great!.....Congrats!....

You know though, judges are never good Magic players.....I now understand that unwritten rule....;)....

N

Neo_Keo

whoa whoa whoa!!!

Offsides, Foul, Hitting below the belt.

I'm decent for a magic player.

Although I don't ahve the luck of Robert " Brightstone" Bayardo :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I say you need to make a pilgrimage to Oregon/Washington and find EricBess to help you keep advancing ;)

T

train

Why don't we all make a pilgrimage to Origins, or GenCon???...

:D :cool:

E

EricBess

You hear that guys, train is sponsoring us all to go to Gencon and Origins. Good thing coat sales are so lucrative (or was it the coat talking?

But seriously, anytime you're in Portland for an event, let me know and make the arrangements for you to judge.

T

train

Heck no that wasn't Coat talking... I got some friends that could give you all rides to Origins and GenCon...

But if you get pulled over, you don't know anything about what's in the trunk!...:p

J

Jigglypuff

Awesome. I could use a good long road trip right about now.

(- Steve -)

T

train

Next Stop... Denver!!!...

Puff... you'll have to meet us at Mile High Comics... We'll need some Road Trip Reading Material...

Sorry - We don't have a VCR/DVD player on the State-School Van, so there's no Cult Following movies to watch...:(

Don't forget your Plush... and some of those hot College Chicks!!!...:eek: :cool:

N

Neo_Keo

Thanks guys.

CT - no I don't have WC 3 ( i should get that )

A

Almindhra

I'm always up for a trip to Origins...I've gone three years in a row...I've always tried to get Neo Keo to come but he just ain't havin' it....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was just thinking that based on Neo_Keo's location, it'd be easier for him to get to EricBess who is a Level 3 (if I remember correctly) and is the only one I know offhand. Maybe there's others in CA that's closer to him though but since he mentioned he was having trouble finding one <shrug>

Ah, to be young and have a road trip ;)

T

train

Mindy - We'll be there to pick you up ina few days...

We have a lot of miles to cover to pick everyone up for the trip...

I'll warn you though... you probably have a good idea what the van will smell like after a few days of gamers being on the road...

Spidey, we'll swing by there... be ready to latch on to the van with your web-shooters so we don't have to stop...

EB - We'll rush by there afer hitting Denver... Heck we may even go by WOTC and pick up Garfield..if he's at the offices for some reason...:p ;) :cool:

N

Neo_Keo

oh yeah out of curiosity, I heard with the old test if you score high enough on your exam you can qualify for lvl2 is that true?

E

EricBess

That used to be true. Now, there is a greater emphasis on interaction with players, so you need to get the judging experience before you can recieve your level two.