I finaly passed my Lvl 1 Test

N

Nightstalkers

then we could use spells like "I'm the DCI now" and "Sorry"

How hard are the tests?

T

train

Hard enough to make you *Fizzle!!!...*

Actually they're not too bad... but if you do have to take a floor ruels section I'd really be hurting...:rolleyes:

E

Eril_Nocture

what kinda questions do they ask one tests to become judges
someone say WC3 ?! hehe

T

theorgg

We cannot actually discuss the test, under the penalty of suspension... and since we have at least one Level Three judge here, I can't actually identify a question-by-question type of thing.

I'll say this, though: The Delphi tests are close, but a little out-of-date and somwhat off nowdays...

But that's the kind of questions asked, at least the rules questions. There's also some Floor Rules and Penalty Guideline stuff you need to pay attention to.

C

Chaos Turtle

Originally posted by Neo_Keo
Thanks guys.

CT - no I don't have WC 3 ( i should get that )
You should! I love it!

I'll be back on D2 once the new patch is out.

ON topic, I guess I should arrange to test as well; I'm starting to feel left out. ;)

N

Nightstalkers

We still need to know if there is a judge that is would like to take on one of us as an apprentice.

N

Neo_Keo

The Test was the highlight for me at the GP. I somewhere along the way lost the urge to play magic competiveley but I have a great hunger for Judging and TOing.

Side note my friend David Frayer is 11 in North America in NFL Showdown but thats only becsue theres like 40 people actually ranked.

T

train

The Test was the highlight for me at the GP. I somewhere along the way lost the urge to play magic competiveley but I have a great hunger for Judging and TOing.
I felt the same way when Hatter tested me at Regionals in '97, but I still have the urge to play, just to show the creative spirit of the game...

I went 3-1 before lunch with a 5-color OBC deck at our last PTQ in Lubbock, then due to mana, not color, screw lost the next 2 and missed the top 8, I ended up 4-3... You should've seen the face on my opponent when I didn't concede after being sludged/echoed - I won that game...

Side note my friend David Frayer is 11 in North America in NFL Showdown but thats only becsue theres like 40 people actually ranked.
Just throw that tidbit out when sitting at a tourney, just hide the truth a little: "Yeah well, the DCI has my friend David ranked 11th in the nation!..."

Fizzle!;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Nightstalkers
We still need to know if there is a judge that is would like to take on one of us as an apprentice.
I don't think there are actually a lot of judges here; EricBess and now Neo_Keo come to mind. Maybe they can direct you to other resources.

E

EricBess

Unless I am mistaken, there is a judge locator on the WotC website, but you have to be an organizer to access it. I would think that the best bet would be to contact the nearest store where tournaments are held and see if they can put you in touch with a L3 judge. Or, if you go to a tournament, ask there. It may not be local, unfortunately, but that's really the easiest way to do it right now.

T

train

I've used the locator to find judges and i'm sure i'm not an organizer, but if I am...

EB - want to judge a PTQ/Grand PRIX event??? Airfare and room/board provided... I get to keep the prize support though... and sell it in my shop, like good dealers do...:p

E

EricBess

Well, I know you have quite a few good L2 judges there in Texas, train. And the Grand Prix judges are typically selected by WotC. But let me know if you ever do become an organizer. :D

T

train

Weissman is level 3(Houston) and I believe Hatter is still listed as a level 3(Lubbock)...

But I'll keep that in mind - right now we're trying to build up enough equity to meet the requirements for a business loan...:rolleyes: :)

N

Neo_Keo

I'm a TO and I used the search engine. There are about 3 lvl 3 and up in California.

T

train

Did you see that?!!!...

That was a judge!!!...

Here, on our boards...

And he says FIZZLE!!!

:eek::cool: ;)