Heyla!

D

dw51688

Another girl. Does this one like the "hot bass drumer?"

I really haven't gone for any of the CPA girls like DUke has. I'll try to get more acquainted with Zhaneel...

G

Gerode

Hi! I'm one of the crazy CPA Members!

I don't like opposable digits, either. They dominate over the lesser digits and sometimes fight each other. Thumb wars are bad.

Gerode-> Enough of scaring the newbies!

[me] sees Shiny Object in the distance and leaves the room. [/me]

M

Multani

---------(16)------> Darsh
Sorry, but you were just asking for it.
:D

C

Cateran Emperor

[me]bows[/me]

Greetings ma'am. I am one of the few sane members. I am also the one who ... ahem... "attempts" to keep some of the more insane members (nodnarb) in line.

[me]picks up nodnarb and slams him into the floor[/me]

There, that should keep him out for a while. Now where is ademis at..?

N

Nifallor Ruler of Kairon

How many woman will follow??

By the way welcome. I'm new here too and am still surprised that there are girls who play magic.

::picks up CA and throws him at the nearest wall::

NO FIGHTING!!

Z

Zhaneel

Well, You could call me 'special'...nah, i don't like that... 'freak of modern nature in a good way' is better. I like star wars, fantasy, magic, etc., but i have "girlish" hobbise, too. No I don't like that bass drummer, i haven't even seen him. However, I can think of a certain guitar player...

wow, this thread is raking in the posts! whoohoo!

A

arachiron

I'm in finally. Oh yes...in case you were wondering, it's me, Ohnmar. So what's up? What exactly is this site all about--well, besides the obvious.

Z

Zhaneel

HHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

so, you finally made it! If you wanna know, ask them *points at everybody else*

A

arachiron

Hi everybody! (imaginary friends: "Hi, Dr. Nick.")So, to remove myself from ambiguity...I'm Ohnmar. I don't know exactly what I am. Crazy, maybe. FGMP (Fellow Girl Magic Player)--yes. I'm pretty new at this game. I just got interested because of the interesting art work on the decks, not to mention the fact that I love playing cards in general esp poker. Could someone tell me the dynamics of the game?

F

Firestorm

I'm your friendly local hydrocarbon exterminater!
It is Friday the thirteenth and the trees and grass are out to get us. I was walkin at scool today, and twice, not one but twice a tree stck itself in my hair and poked my head. Then, the grass made a hole in the ground which a classmate stepped in...

For you Mutalini:

--------------==========#####@

As for the above post, I got interested because of art also.

Dynamics: 60 card deck
You and another person draw 7 cards, decide who goes first.
Whoever goes first then looks at his/her hand and Cast spells by reveiling them and "tapping" land. You must have "mana" to pay for spells. Most of the time, "mana" comes from "tapping" lands. To tap a land for mana, turn is sideways. The amount of mana used to pay for a spell is located on the top right corner of the card. the number in a white/grey circle is generic man, and the ones that look like a sun, skull, water drop, tree, and fireball are specific mana. On land cards it will tell you what kind of mana tapping it give you. You may spend specific mana as generic mana and as its specific kind of mana.

Example:
Bob and Jerry decide to play a game of Magic, they both get out their decks and they decide who goes first.
Bob goes first. He plays a mountain, which produces red mana, and plays a spell called Seal of Fire which is an enchantment(which stays in play unless a spell or effect causes it to be removed from play) that reads: Sacrafice Seal of Fire: Seal of fire deals 2 damage to any creature or player. He says its Jerry's turn and Jerry procedes to draw a card. He then plays an island which makes blue mana when it is tapped, and plays a spell called Brainstorm, which reads:"Draw three cards, then put two cards from your hand back on top of your library." And does what the card says to do.

Basically thats how you play. A word of advice: Always play with Mountains in your deck, theyre the best land. ;)

[Edited by Firestorm on 10-13-00 at 07:25 PM]

G

Gizmo

I don`t think that`s quite what she meant by mechanics. I might be wrong - but those are the rules not the mechanics, when I think of mechanics I think of what makes the game work, not how to play (like in Poker what makes the game work is the total disregard for what the cards actually do for you, not that a pair of fours beats a pair of twos).

Mechanics - the absolutely horrendous oversimplification is that you win by getting more cards than your opponent.
Do this by:
1) Not playing with cards that don`t cost your opponent a card, either by destroying his card, or by forcing him to use a card to destroy your card.
(this is THE most important part)
then either
2a) Destroying more than one of your opponent`s cards with one of your cards.
2b) Drawing extra cards.
2c) Playing cheaper cards trhany our opponent so that your opponent has cards left in hand that he hasn`t used when the game ends.

And I want to be a super-cute sidekick! I`d be a super-cute guy partner but I`m 24 and people would only talk...
;)

M

Multani

----------(18)----->Firestorm for throwing a fireball at me
----------(19)----->Firestorm for spelling my name wrong
Zhaneel: If I were you, I'd just read the rulebook, build something resembling a deck, and find an exprerienced player to play. While you play, learn from your mistakes. Being good at Magic takes time, it doesn't happen overnight, no matter how well you know the rules and how to play.

Z

Zhaneel

you mean arachiron, i already know (roughly) how to play!

lol, gizmo, you can still sign up if you want. go here http://pub20.ezboard.com/bnaughtyornice , at the bottom are 3 forums where you can sign-up, choose one (not the super-sexy-sidekick-in-training tho, that's girls only ;) ) if you want to be a super-cute-sidekick, um... make a note of that

have fun! anyone else who wants to sign-up, feel free, i need more people!

N

Nifallor Ruler of Kairon

ANOTHER girl???? Wow, I'm really suprised.

And about that example above, Bob eventually won.

C

Cateran Emperor

I don't know who CA is, but I'm going to smash you anyway for looking at me funny!

[me]picks up Nifallor and smashes him through the nearest wall. Then borrows a fireball from Firestorm and slings the fire at Nifallor[/me]

Hmm, I think Gizmo and FS did a good job of confusing me, and I already know how to play. I read the words there, but I just can't decrypt them :)

N

Nifallor Ruler of Kairon

::uses his cloak to slow him down as he hits the wall and uses a hydroblast to counter the fireball.::

HA!

::picks up Firestorm and his fireballs and throw them at CE::

M

MrXarvox

<Lord Xarvox steps in, and vanquishes that silly CE with a wave of his hand>
"We will not tolerate sanity here."

Z

Zhaneel

*sits back, grabs some popcorn, watches the people fighting* this is most amusing

D

DÛke

...I haven't had the chance to talk to you, or atleast give you a warm, warm welcome. Oh well, here I go. You'll love it here! You already know that though. OH well:).

So, do you like older guys like ErinPuff:D?