Here's your new world for ya...

N

Nightstalkers

The one and only John Shoe. He's been talking on here since I gave up the ghost here, and migrated to FSO. He posted upon my request the link to the site, but I've been playing while he's been doing whatever here.

man, is anyone up for a game of Magi Nation yet?

S

Senori

I got my book the usual way. By going to the books store.:)
None of the card stores around here have any Mirrodin. None of the stores have Mirrodin ( Even Wal-Mart.) though there is a card store here that still sells Urza's.:)

T

train

So any new insights on 5th dawn...

is it going to lead to a 5th sunset?...

or the elimination of any sunsets/sunrises... aka utter anihilation...:)

N

Nightstalkers

I'm thinking everyone will go crazy trying to kill each other and powerful people will unleash enough power to warp everyone to another plane while mirrodin annihilates itself...

Hey, wasn't that the storyline for another set?

S

Senori

There are no new insights into future books. ( That I know of.:))
I don't know if that's ever happened.
I personally think the inner sun will rise, creating awe.:)

M

mythosx

what inner sun? whats the new story? Im confused. Arc slog is queer! Since when did lions and elephants work together in nature? Why is it that every where you go there are stinkin elves and goblins?

H

Hetemti

We need Teferi to phase in with the Mana Rig, show them what artifact mana is all about, and let the Viashinos lose to torture goblins and smash artifacts Heretic-style.

N

Nightstalkers

Or....

Urza comes back from the grave, summons one kicka** shatterstorm, and destroys Mirrodin forever!!!

MUWAHAHA!!!

Urza: I PWN ALL YO PANZY A**ES!!!!

Squee: will you please stop standing on me? I'm small and frail....

T

train

Shatterstorm is a favorite of mine right now...

It runs alongside 4 meltdowns and 4 pillages...

M

mythosx

yeah i dont understand something....why hasnt every thing died on this planet? there are four suns! FOUR SUNS!!!!! Ever try to go down a slide in shorts on a hot summer day?!?!?! now multiply that by four and every surface is metal....

B

Baphuma'al

If everything melted, that would be bad for both the storyline AND PR, not to mention the cards themselves, especially the Equipment mechanic.
Admittedly, it would be funny to see booster packs opened on Prerelease day.
Rare:
- Golden Melted Lump
Uncommons:
- Silvery Melted Lump
- Large Melted Lump
- Lump Melted in an Intricate Pattern
Commons:
- Goblin Killed by Melting Armor
- Small Melted Lump
- Melted Spellbomb
- Melted Furnace
- Elf Killed by Melted Trees
- Maroon Melted Lump
etc.

N

Nightstalkers

A big'ol pile of junkmetal...

Wasn't the foresty area the elves live in real forest, or just a bunch of artificial trees as well?

N

Notepad

Ah, the wonders of extraplanar science. They are merely four orbs bright enough and just large enough to be considered suns by those who look at them. In fact, they are small enough to orbit the main planet in Mirrodin, which is why the elves think of them as moons rather than suns.

jeez....does anybody read the books? ¿heh?

N

Nightstalkers

I make it my goal not to read any of the new books.

Is the slave trade in mirrodin as well? I'd love to buy a few Mirrodian elves and golems

N

Notepad

Fortunately J Robert King is nowhere near this novel!!! :D ;)

New author--Will McDermont I think, who is much better an author, and makes for a much better story that is actually worth the read. Ya might wanna give it a try, NS.

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by SeFRo
Fortunately J Robert King is nowhere near this novel!!! :D ;)

I've read the first few books, then stopped.... I start back up with his sorry excuse for fine reading and I'm scared away from the whole MTG novel idea.

I'll have to reajust my budget to allow for the books to buy bought...

Should I cut the lead into gold project.... All I keep getting out of it is radioactive pools of gold stuff.

N

Notepad

Those radioactive pools make great skin lotion!!! Sell them to fat rich women and they'll love ya for it..until they need to start getting chemo, that is...

But Will McD is certainly a good author. The story he writes is an actual story, and not a collection of scenes to hide penis and fart jokes inside of (as stupid JR King did at all times).

M

mythosx

If they are small enough to orbit mirrodin and arent suns. Then won't everything have died?? I mean no fusion, no energy, no heat! It's the simple PP Chain. Go take a simple astronomy class or physics if thats up your alley. Screw the books. Besides there is so much good literature out there I can't waste my time reading second rate work thats tied to a game I like.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's why it's called fantasy, not science. You have to suspend real-life rules.

I mean, you might as well argue that there isn't any artificial constructs which can act like golems today, or casting spells, or artifacts that do strange things, or...

the list goes on.

N

Nightstalkers

Try figuring through a game of myst, complete alien worlds developed around simple rules of physics that still defy the same rules that dictate their stability.

But then again, they were pretty good up there at Cyan...