Here's your new world for ya...

N

Nightstalkers

A New World
Far from Dominaria, in a distant corner of the Multiverse, lies Mirrodin, a plane made entirely of metal. Blades of golden grass in the Razor Fields chime in the wind. Huge misshapen boulders are magnetically suspended above the peaks of rusted iron mountains. Elsewhere, a wide sea of silvery liquid reflects the sky like a rippled mirror. On the horizon, four suns rise and set in strange orbits: white, blue, red, and a black sphere of void. It is here that Magic finds a unique story.

Mirrodin offers you an environment never seen before in the game of Magic. With 306 black bordered cards featuring the new card design, the set challenges you to arm yourself with the first new card type since Legends - equipment cards. Unlike enchantments, when an equipment card is attached to a creature, it can "fall" back into play even if the creature is destroyed and then be re-equipped onto another creature.

In addition, Mirrodin marks the beginning of a new story with new characters. Glissa Sunseeker, the finest hunter and perhaps the most skilled warrior of the elves, begins her story to find out why the monstrous "levelers" seek to destroy her. It is this search for answers that will begin to uncover the mysteries within Mirrodin. So get set for a grand new world filled with amazing imagery and a fresh new look.

Mirrodin is where it all starts.
Time to Arm yourself.
Yeah, I'm more troubled by the fact that Tetrivus has come back to haunt us with Pentravus....

S

Senori

Well, I've read this book...
This world isn't much. It's as if someone at wizards said, " Hey, let's cover Dominaria with metal!" Though the new species are welcome.

N

Nightstalkers

Exactly.

Our team isn't even trying hard enough to make it a good set which contrasts against the rest.

M

mythosx

you know with all this metal and magnetic fields flowing everywhere, you would think every one would either be sick or nauseated all the time. perhaps even cancer related to that might develop to...

T

train

i have to think that the black sphered void is going to lead to something else...

and 5th dawn - will probably be the rising of the color not presented by suns - GREEN...

N

Nightstalkers

Tetravus was one of the funniest cards in its time man. This rip from the very first sets should prove interesting though.

Wonder what its story is though... :confused:

S

Senori

Originally posted by train
i have to think that the black sphered void is going to lead to something else...

and 5th dawn - will probably be the rising of the color not presented by suns - GREEN...
Well, unless there's a sun that miraculously appears out of nowhere, the only sun to rise will be multicolored, the "Mother's Heart" In the center of Mirrodin.

S

Senori

Either there is no green moon, or we haven't seen it yet. I think it's the former.

N

Nightstalkers

I think multani would look like that crying indian on all of those roadside "don't litter" bilboards if he saw this world...

Nope, he's scream and pass out like on the simpsons.

M

mythosx

meh....i dont care about the moons or nothing. But we will see how the new races fit in. At least anthropromorphic and furry fans rejoice, while the rest of us wonder why anyone would want to do it to a rabbit.

T

train

I think multani would run around beating arse...

you got hybrid artifacts somehow... Karn - Hanna...

Multani - bosh's wife - Magic affairs - and hybrid races...

N

Nightstalkers

Throw a coat of arms into the whole affair and you have a family the size of the brady bunch just itchin' to conquer the world.

S

Senori

You think Multani would be sad? He couldn't even exist on this world. No moss for him to be made of.
No, that one planeswalker, you know, the one Taysir was dating, she would be sad. I think her name was Kristina.

N

Notepad

How in the world has anybody gotten a copy of the book already? I am itching to get a fat pack, but the dang card shops around here are sitting on their hands as far as getting new product in...

N

Nightstalkers

I haven't read an .\\:TG book since the very first few came out... John's been stealing fat packs, booster boxes, and deck sets from his "competitors" for a few weeks now.

Stupid fool won't even let me in on the merchandise.

T

train

But then you'd be a criminal also...

Nightstalkers - if interested in some nightstalkers - PM me your addy...

:cool:

N

Nightstalkers

But where am I going to buy Mirrodin now? he's raided the Game Preserve, and has locked up his stash so as not to attract attention from the cops. Now I've got to wait until the end of the month when he reopens that Downtown Comics store and becomes the lone seller of Mirrodin in the Indianapolis area...

Man, I've got to move into another area, away from other members.

As for Nightstalkers, I was looking for Shimian Nightstalker's but I found this nice old shopkeepwho sold a bunch to me for about $1 a piece.