Guess the quote origin!

D

Doombringer

The name says it all!

Try to guess the origin of the quote, and the closest competitor wins the knowledge that they're better than someone else and the warm fuzzy feeling inside of gaining a life skill with no practical use whatsoever! If you say exactly where the quote came from, I will be in eternal awe of you and worship you as a god.

The quote: "And when Keiths mom gets exited, Her mandibles go up like this!"

ps:I loved the joke this quote had to do with so much I put it on my signature.

D

Doombringer

lol, a hint, It was accompanied by the action of putting two index fingers up near the top of ones cheeks in an outward direction. And it wasn't in a movie.

If you want to know where this quote really came from, tell me and I'll pm it to you.

T

train

It's one of your friends making fun of another of your friends' mother...

D

Doombringer

I think I started this off too hard, The quote was from a caption contest on a Lego website, lugnet. The keith in question, Keith Goldman, is an experienced lego builder with many large models under his name. At his homepage at http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/123 , whenever he shows a model he puts funny and sometimes completely unrelated captions next to them, almost every model has at least one caption containing "your mom". The caption contest: http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=2666

Ok, I'll do an easier caption that almost anyone over 25 with a good taste in music should know.

The caption: "Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin world go round!"

One hint: royalty

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
A Lego site? Who's gonna know that? :confused:

Although I'm over 25 and I don't know the answer to the second one. Maybe I don't have good taste in music ;)

Given the hint, I'll say Elvis Presley.

B

BigBlue

C'mon.... now it's just tooo easy..... Queen....

Now, traditionally, when you play a quote type game and you get it right, you get to start the next quote....

So.....

"Happy Motoring friends, and back to the freeway which is already in progress!"

Hint #1: It's not a movie quote.

Hint #2: It's older than most magic players.

D

Doombringer

How Can You Be In Two Places At Once When You're Not Anywhere At All?

I think a book. Good ol google searched me up this.

B

BigBlue

Sagerider..... you're close....

Doombringer..... you're close too....

I'd say close enough that either of you should make a quote... of course googling the answer isn't exactly cool.... but at least you're honest about it.

How Can You Be in Two Places at Once is an album by the comedy troupe - Firesign Theatre. One of the characters, Ralph Spoilsport says it.... I find it applies wonderfully to the "new" freeway - the information superhighway - the Internet....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like Doombringer Googled it and got the title while sageridder got the profession (or close) of the person who spoke it in the album.

B

BigBlue

I think sagerider knew it, he was first....

the only problem with most quotes, even obscure ones.... is that you can search them on the Internet....

It takes the fun out of it....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, that's why it's hard to adapt trivia party games to the Net unless everyone agrees to a "code of honor" of not looking stuff up...

S

sageridder

I've got the album I was trying to answer without spoiling it since I answered so soon after it was posted.Here's mine,

Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a fat white guy who is threatened by change.

Clue : New England