green mana engine for thallids

T

train

but it also creates a triggered effect, if applicable, for coming into play and then going to the graveyard...

K

Killerbob

yes, but I believe I cant sac it before it goes to the graveyard. Something about "state based effect" or something like that...

T

Troll

Although they are expensive, I would suggest some BoP's. A cheaper alternative could be Skyshroud Elves (filters colorless into W or R without tapping)or Quirion Elves(choose a color when they CIP, t: make 1 mana of green or the chosen color). What about the lands that tap for green and can be sacced for another color (i think they're from Odysee.) Just a new guy's $0.02. :D

W

WickedBoy6

Well, here's the Saproling deck. It's not complete, nor too possible IRL, but I play a lot of apprentice, mind you. Here's how it looks:

1 Black Lotus
1 Fork
1 Mox Diamond
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Ruby
1 Sol Ring
1 Wheel of Fortune
2 Artifact Mutation
2 Nemata, Grove Guardian
2 Verdant Force
2 Verdeloth the Ancient
3 Birds of Paradise
3 Fires of Yavimaya
3 Goblin Bombardment
3 Parallel Evolution
3 Spontaneous Generation
4 Hull Breach
4 Saproling Symbiosis
4 Taiga
4 Wooded Foothills
6 Mountain
8 Forest

I might've set the Mana curve too high, if it seems so, I'll take out some lands & replace them with Miraris for the Evolutions & Generations.

W

WickedBoy6

Don't worry, Train, the mana contents was a bit rich, so I took out one Forest & Mountain & added 2 Miraris :D

B

BigBlue

I've a friend who uses a thallid deck and usually comes out ok... he uses the fog thallid, and lots of fogs... plus you could try some lifegain to boot...

we play mostly 2-H giant, so he also has the advantage of a partner most of the time too, which skews our world a bit from yours.

K

Killerbob

well, I´m not too impressed...(sorry)
You have 6 fatties, 4 of them being legends. Thats far too much.
Parallel evolution? This card is only good, if you are winning anyway. Same about saproling symbiosis. 4 hull breach and 2 artifact mutation seems a little too much. But your metagame might justify it. Goblin bombardment is nice ( but a goblin card... :( ), but it will be better combined with the most powerful saproling card, fecundity. I believe fecundity should be in any saproling deck. People WILL kill your saprolings!
Another thought -wouldnt a coat of arms usually be better, than doubbling your tokens?

W

WickedBoy6

I thought I had a pretty good deck, there. :(

I guess I could take out the Verdeloths, but I thought I couldn't play Fecundity. Tokens were removed from play when sacrificed or otherwised destroyed, not the graveyard, right?

As for killing the Saprolings, that's why I have the Bombardment, as a sort of fall-back if a swarm attack with Nemata doesn't work. That also explains the absence of Coat, though I could replace the lost Verdeloths with them.

T

train

I'd say play it as is... just find a way to speed it up... maybe some harrows or draw advantage...

K

Killerbob

Tokens DO go to the graveyard, but they are removed from game immediately after.

T

train

but all the tokens need to do is go to the graveyard... doesn't matte if they stay there unless you're trying to use a lhurgoyf...

W

WickedBoy6

So go with Fecundity? I'm confuzzled if Saproling Tokens would activate it. I was thinking of playing Collective Unconscious, but that might mill me if I'm not careful. (One game, I had 27 of the 1/1 beauties). Recycle?

N

Nightstalkers

*A Foreboding prescense fills the room*

Hmm... Recycle... getting around the discard is hard but the tokens coming into play don't count towards the draw thing...

they are being braught into play. not played by you.

Duh factor: you cannot counter morph unless you have a thing that says so... Cannot use cruel edict to kill a creature in your opponents hand.

just isn't so.

*Oppressive darkness fills the sky as the walls shudder and fall outwards.*

W

WickedBoy6

Damn well, I had about 19 or so Saprolings on turn 5 once with a Fires of Yavimaya in play.

I have 2 Miraris & 2 Coats in there but they have NEVER shown up in a game yet. I might just replace them with other Saproling-producing cards, 'cause I never seem to get them into play. :(

T

train

replace the 2 miraris and 2 coats with some chains of acid then... or overruns... wither way - you'll be bound to see one, and be able to use it...