green mana engine for thallids

W

WickedBoy6

Well, if I'm gonna play Chain of Acid, I'd rather play Creeping Mold. Same casting cost, same destructive ability, I'm just worried my opponent would Acid away key cards...though...many of them are just creatures...That's not a bad idea, Train :D

T

train

here's what convinced me on chain of acid...

If you're the caster - you always win out...

If you're opponenet tries to destroy something of yours, you get another shot at his... so with creature decks - you always win out...

In my personal play experience... once the terravore's in play... and I chain one of their lands or other permanents... they usually don't chain anything of mine... all I usually have is land... But I still get to rid the board of their stuff...

;)

W

WickedBoy6

That is true...I have some enchantments on the table in that deck, but I usuallt have backups in hand.

N

Nightstalkers

backupps are good... just don't go crazy about it though

T

train

if you're worried about the opponent cahining away key cards, there's always green to the rescue....

restock, reclaim, regrowth... hint, hint...;)

Ferret

Staff member
In my Thalid deck I used a lot of those cards that let you get lands (names elude at the moment and I dare not wake my wife searching for the deck). One was called Elvish something that allowed you to find a Forest and put into play untapped (for 1G) and the other one was that card that's been around forever that lets you search for any basic land and put it into play tapped (I'm sure someone will help me out here). I combined all that land w/ a Fungal Bloom to really get my Thalids going...also works great w/ that thalid that can cause one damage for three fungus tokens (again, name forgotten, but I call it Thallid Thooter - like Salad Shooter? get it? right. whatever).

The deck rocked because in no time at all I would have tons of mana to play w/ and out would come everyone's favourite saproling creator: Verdant Force. And, of course, no Thallid deck would be complete w/o 4 Coat of Arms.

-Ferret

"...okay, I cast Overrun and attack. You take - let me add this up - 346 points of damage..."

W

WickedBoy6

No, it's not overtly crazy. Besides, one of the enchantments causes me to sac it when I want to. Here's the decklist for my R/G Saproling deck (I built a straight Thallid one once, and it never really panned out. Besides, Saprolings are the key).

1 Black Lotus
1 Fork
1 Mox Diamond
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Ruby
1 Sol Ring
1 Wheel of Fortune
2 Coat of Arms
2 Mirari
2 Nemata, Grove Guardian
2 Verdant Force
3 Fires of Yavimaya
3 Goblin Bombardment
3 Parallel Evolution
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Hull Breach
4 Saproling Symbiosis
4 Spontaneous Generation
4 Taiga
4 Wooded Foothills
5 Mountain
7 Forest

This could easily go into 1.5, just take out the Restricted and add some Bolts (Lightning or Fire will do).

BTW, Train, LOVE the Coat! Once for 24 24/24 Saprolings on the table.