Gameboy Advance

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed, I noticed... too bad she posted about right after I left work... :)

Yeah, I'll probably get the SP (or upgrade to it if I get the regular). I like both the "cobolt" and silver colors.

Not sure what you mean by museum; I saw a game cartridge or whatever with Galaga, Dig Dug, Pole Position, and another game on it... too bad Donkey Kong is on those e-cards; if they could do a 4 game Pac-Man cartridge, they could do a 4 game Donkey Kong one too :)

So how've you been, Whimsy? Whatcha been up to? And what brings you back?

T

train

In all honesty Spidey - I just have that "yearning to get back on the CPA" affect on people...:p

W

Whimsical

Errr ... where do ah begin? Umm... I know! Let's first reply to everything and THEN explain mahself...

train - they actually brought back Slivers? I'd cheer but ah haven't been playing Magic for quite some time now.

Nightstalkers - Ah wasn't dead ... just buried alive in paperwork.

Apollo - Apollo, dearie!!! *mwah* Haven't seen y'all avianishly smug face in a while. We can skip them ticker tape parades and head right for the moonshine if y'all want... :D

Spidey - the GBA SP is absolutely ah-dorable. Make sure to get one, y'all wallcrawler you. And the Namco Museum ... ah was just guessing the name of the cartridge, seeing as how all them games are er, vintage stuff. Kinda like you, Spidey dahling. :D

And as for the burning question in y'all minds...

Ah've been fine, dahlings ... apart from a few miserable stress-induced moments, everything's been quite peachy. Severe lack of time to do anything remotely recreational though. *sigh*

And why little ole` me popped up all of a sudden? Well er, y'all see ... ah was doing some routine document clearing on mah clunky PC when ah stumbled one this really spastic series of text files. Ah think it was called "Weatherlost" or somethin' to that effect. It sorta reminded moi of you guys so here ah am! ;)

P.S. Sorry about hijacking your thread, Spidey dahling. My bad. :D

W

Whimsical

Hurmmm ... since I've gotten mahself a well-earned break from reality in general, ah thought I'd spend some time with mah favorite magic nuts. ;)

Magic nuts... *snicker*

N

Nightstalkers

What is your view on the gameboy effect Whimsy? <*>$<*>

A

Apollo

*Apollo blushes a brilliant crimson, but thankfully nobody can tell. He then sticks his butt out at the crowd*

Oh, wait, that wasn't the kinda moonshine you meant, was it?

('Twas a mistake mentioning the Weatherlost, Whimsy deah, for now people will be clamoring for another chapter... ;))

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good to see you haven't changed Whimsy, you're so dirty...

oh wait, you were talking about food... :p

W

Whimsical

The gameboy effect? Hurm. Well ... if by that, you mean addiction extreme, then ah guess so. I once borrowed mah brother's GBA for the holidays ... and spent most of the time sunning mahself and trying to figure out how a Shuckle team in Pokemon would work. *laughs*

That reminds moi. It's been a month and mah brother's probably gone mad without his precious. :D

And as for you, Apollo! EEEEWWWWW!!! Definitely the wrong kind of moonshine!!! *pulls out a very large bazooka and fires at Apollo* And as for the Weatherlost ... pooh. Not like anybody remembers that little ole' shindig.

Dirty? Who? Little ole' me? Of course I was talking about the crunchy type of nuts, Spidey dahling. On a somewhat related topic though ... why is it you manly men tend to shy away from anything titled Nutcracker though? ;)

N

Nightstalkers

I was lookin for me nutcracker just th otha day, uh huh. Still can't fine it though.

Chipmunks are so lucky.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, my wife gave me the GBA SP for my birthday and Nanocom's Museum with Ms. Pacman, Galaga, Galaxian, Dig Dug, and Pole Position. This thing is awesome! I also went out and got Eye of the Beholder ($10 at Target, $40 at Toys R Us :eek: ) and have been playing that.

This thing is so cool :p

J

Jigglypuff

Congratulations! I love my SP. Good luck with Eye of the Beholder; that game's real difficult.

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I think it's going to keep me busy for a long time. I was going to get another RPG but think I'll concentrate on this for a while.

Probably get some more arcade-style games though :)

N

Nightstalkers

Just remember not to buy pokemon *EWWW!!* or you'll be sorry that you did!

After so many, you just gotta change the format for goodness sake!!

J

Jigglypuff

Don't diss on Pokemon. It was the first decent RPG to hit the Game Boy.

And Ruby and Sapphire did add a lot of new features to the standard Pokemon gameplay. What did you want them to do with it? And all RPG's pretty much have the same format nowadays. The only differences are what kind of world they live in and what kind of battle system they have. Read this if you don't believe me.

(- Steve -)

B

BigBlue

Just so JP doesn't feel lonely... my kids play Pokemon on GBA and it is halfway decent, this is for the GB, not the Xbox... it isn't like they can put that much on the cartridge (GB/GBC). The Advance gives more potential, and likely a better game.

JP, did you ever try the CCG GB game? My kid likes it, and I like it because it was much cheaper than buying him cards...

Cool Beans Spidey! Nice pickup on the EoB... I'll have to see if I can find one here.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was trying to see what other GameBoy Advance games were out there that might be worth getting. I'm primarily into arcade classics, strategy/wargames, and RPGs. Here's what I came up with:

Wing Commander: Prophecy
Advance Wars
Defender of the Crown
Wizardry Summoner
Baldur's Gate?
Q*Bert
Super Breakout

Some are familiar names that I played on the PC, like Wing Commander and Wizardry. Anyone have first-hand knowledge of these games?

N

Nightstalkers

WTH!?!

Wing Commander: Prophecy?

you gotta be kidding me! I LOVE windcommander