For you new people: Names

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DÛke

...to an extend.

What is science? It is the creation of the rules. How do the so called "scientists" make the rules? They are "not" prooven, it's a matter of hypothesis and theorizing, analyzing, and "seeing what fits best". That's all what science is. What is unexplained will be dismissed as "impossible" and "illogical", but what is illogical?
Illogical is just the stuff we don't "recall" because we "haven't used/seen/heard them for so long".

Science is the basics of the rules that humans create as they go along. What can't be identified or prooven will be the rule that "it" doesn't exist. The more faliures to find out the news, the more rules and borders are created, by people, scientists and so on.

It is only natural for humans to disbelief in whatever.
We are used to the rules so much, that they inhabit our daily lives in nature, and not in force of will. It is the nature of the human to create these rules; but, just because it's nature, doesn't mean it's right!

We create, but we are not right.

So what? The world is round, gravity pulls, the heart is the engine to your body, and the brain is the engine for life. Is that it! Nope. There are no limits. Like it is said, you are only limited by your imagenation and mental and physicall will.

Humans will not advance.
The human race is evolvin into a lower life form.
The technology we have is what we should "already" have, and we shouldn't have wasted the time thinking about them to "remake" them.

It's the bordres I tell you; it's nothing but the stupid rules and borders.

Humans are incredible, but not incredible enough to realize how incredible they are.

G

Gizmo

We can only *percieve* four dimensions, that is true. But I think it would be narrow minded to say that what you cannot see does not exist. I cannot see microwave radiation, yet my food comes out cooked. I`d say it was heated by the little red men, but I can`t see them either. I cannot see that the universe is expanding, but Red-Shift theory says that it is.

You have to respect Mathematics, as it IS the building blocks of the universe. If a Maths guy says he can prove there are nine dimensions then there ARE nine dimensions. I`d have to get somebody with a better understanding of advanced Maths in here to show you how they link to our own four dimensions, but I guess they could do it. Maybe Hetemti could, he seemed to use lots of syllables in his last post.
:p

This is getting really close to a discussion of what the nature of truth is, and that would be a downer because it`s not an easy topic to debate on - Coherence theory, Correspondence theory...

-

How the hell did we get here from names, anyway? Ham And Pineapple Mage just took a sharp right turn and starting banging on about a fourth dimension but I don`t know why.

[Edited by Gizmo on September 16th, 2000 at 05:17 PM]

H

Hetemti

Hmmm...if I correctly misread what it seems that you miswrote I must say that that is the most obtuse butchering my name has ever recieved.

D

DÛke

...I wrote something to Hawiian Mage about the Fourth Dimension, you know, talking to him about his sig. I asked, he answered, and we talked about it, the funny thing, if you read above, I never asked, he just simply answered my questions:). J/K:). I deleted my questioning him and all. It was too, um, eccentric.

[Edited by DÛke on September 16th, 2000 at 06:54 PM]

D

Duel

I have been called "Duel" 4 times this week IRL. Apparently, I'm more memorable here than in RL. And you want to know what the worst thing is, when the one who goes by Cerberus came up behind me and said "Hey, Duel" I turned. Of course, I also drew an imaginary sword and said, "en garde" but I still turned....

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Gizmo:The way I see it, nothing can be proven or disproven, because reality only exists the way it seems to based on the perceptions of the person experiencing that reality. I can prove that all hamsters are green by daring you to come up with a hamster that isn't naturally green. You don't know what my definition of "green" or "hamster" is, so you can't prove me wrong, and no one can. I used what appears to me to be an extremely strange way to explain this, but my perception is that the point I think DUke is trying to make might fit my definition of being similar to the point I think I made (if the past tense is more than an image created by our minds to attempt to explain the present reality - which is unnecessary, in my opinion). You might be seeing all of this text in a "language" similar to the one I call "German" (if my perception of reality leads me to believe that you are German, I am what I call "sorry", and there is nothing personal, although that term doesn't mean anything anyway), and there is no way for me to disprove it. As far as I know, none of you "people" exist, because no one can prove that you do. To attempt to maintain what I refer to as sanity, I don't usually think this way, but this is just an explanation of the point I am trying to make: proof is an invention of people who foolishly believe that "reality" is real, which it isn't although nothing is.

By the way, you can refer to me as TICM, although most of the people for whom this thread was supposedly created will invariably want to ignore me anyway.

:) :) :) :) :)

That should create three images of cows on your computer screen. If you see five smilies, your perception of reality is wrong.

See what I mean?

C

Cateran Emperor

[temporarily waxing philosophically]

I'll be quick on this. Do I act in 4 dimensions? Yes. Do I think other dimensions exist? Sure, why not. Do I give a rat's arse about any of them? Not in the least. Things are fine the way they are now, I don't care for getting up out of my comfy spot under a tree to go find a new dimension. Science is, for me, a massive waste of time.

Notwithstanding, if I go into one more philosophical chatroom that says we're all in a "Matrix", or that God doesn't exist and here's scientific proof, or we must all respect and love each other, I'm gonna go mad.

I'm living in the now. The past is done and gone, learn from it and don't repeat the mistakes. The future is mine to determine, don't start thinking that you need science and technology to go find other civilizations in the stars or build robots or whatever.

You go do that if you want. But don't come preaching to me about it how technology and robots and crap are the future, because I disagree.

The future is us, it's what we want it to be. Now excuse me, I have to get back to campaigning for my local politician friends in the present dimensions. One day, I'll have others go out campaigning for me in these same dimensions. I like things the way they are now. I don't want science and other such things screwing around with it.

[ends idiotic philosophical stuff]

Geez, that was irritatingly deep :D This got WAAAAAAAAAAY off topic. I'll leave this sort of thing to the blue mages ;)

D

DÛke

...I agree with you, but not to the fulliest.

I do agree with you about how science is a big waste of time.
I do agree with you about how technology is NOT the future.
I also don't care about stars and all that crap.
I love The Matrix, but I don't think this world is quite "The Matrix":)! This is reality. God exists.

What you don't know, that, this, the present you love so much, isn't the present it's supposed to be. It's not like that.
We are not like that. We are not in the present. We are back in time. We are undeveloping our developements. Technology is the source of destruction. Technology is the murderer.

Our present reality is not quite fully comprehended. There is more to the current reality you know. I'm not talking about space travel and crap, I'm talking about us, humans, living on earth. I'm talking about earth. We can do more you know, it's the borders we made that keeps us from doing it. We should be more than we are right now, sadly we're not, and we'll never be, since more and more rules are being created, more and more borders are put, more and more social influence is occuring.

No one can control it except society itself, and they are not trying to, and they are, themselves, like zombies, obaying the false rules.

Fine with me.

Don't submit to stupid rules. Be yourself, and not a fool.
Don't accept averge habits. Open your heart, and mind, and push the limits.

H

Hawaiian mage

I tried meditating earlier today. It was weird. After ten minuts it felt like the floor I was sitting on was breathing. Slwoly moveing up and down. One time it freaked me out when I could have sowrn I actually moved up and lost my concentration. It was trippy.
I'm hopeing I can get better at that so I can learn Telekinesis and trip people walking by in the hall without them knowing. Heh heh heh...

C

Cateran Emperor

I've been living the life you describe to an extent. I hate technology for the most part, and don't try to point out the hypocrisy right here. If I were anywhere near you DUke, trust me, I'd MUCH rather talk to you in person. I hate talking online when it's possible to talk ANY other way. It feels far too impersonal for me, (for Hetemi if he reads this: hence the reason I like the sigs and the nicknames and I thought the color badges were cool too, they gave everyone a more distinct feel to talk to).

I do vastly agree that somewhere we started fooling ourselves. The real present more physically resemble the early centuries AD or late BC, and would have a more overall laid back, no schedule feel behind it. Given a choice most mornings of getting up and going to school or staying nice and warm and comfortable in my lair (I call a lot of things what I would call them for any other animal), I think the choice is clear. After all, warm and comfortable while the late year winds blow outside is the ONLY way to be truly comfortable. I like the old fashioned, traditional ways much better (as if that wasn't already obvious), as opposed to our insane techno crazed world today. It basically boils down to me as a few simple actions:

Sleep
Food
Entertaining myself or others
More sleep, did I mention that rest is good? ;) Other than that, I'll abide by the rules of the rest of the world so long as it'll leave me alone when I want it to.

BTW: Yes, the Matrix was a cool movie, no doubts there :) I'm just p/o ed at all of those dark wackos you can find so easily online saying that we should just destroy everything based on the odd chance that the movie was right (for me that's a 0% chance) and they alone knew it and could deal with it. I just gave up talking to them aftera while since they're too arrogant and self assured that they're right to listen to anyone else (Bad Idea(TM) if I've ever heard one)

Wait a sec, Bad Idea(TM)??? Geez, I've been reading Zadok's posts too much :D

D

DÛke

...Hawiian Mage:)! That's crazy. You didn't perform no telekinetic activity there! You didn't perform anyting:)!
That's not the right apporch to this kind of stuff you know,
but hey, atleast you tried "breaking the rules":).LOL!
You cracked me up man! LOL! LOL! LOL!

Dang, you cracked me up:).

Now, Cateran Emperor, yes, I do agree with you too.
Talking in person is much better. That's why I love this place: the same reasons you like it. I only wish they let us put up a pic of ourselves, so we could have more information about the person.

Some of you might think I'm a psycho or something, but I'm not.
I know what's real and what's not. THE MATRIX, lol, is a good movie, nothing more, and nothing less.
I don't need Morpheus to define it for me, no thanks.

What I need is people to think for themselves as individuals, and not as a whole. Why play "follow-the-leader" when you could play something else?

What I hate are those people who MAKE the rules AND follow them, and at the same time, making everyone else follow them.
I'm not a follower, and not a leader, I'm me - who I am to be: my choice, my life. I can't help the world, but I could shout out my opinion.

**I need to stop talking this philosophy ...My head is gonna BLOW!**

H

Hawaiian mage

I didn't say I did. I said that's my goal, being able to use tellekinesis at will. All I've done is meditate(I think)

What did you do to learn partial telepathy?

N

Namielus

Ok I'm gonna leave you all with this:

I don't belive in god,
but I am afraid of him.

Now I'm not gonna touch this form with a ten foot poll again.

D

DÛke

Ok!
I haven't learned anything!
I don't have anything of that nature.
I do, strongly, believe in it though.

What I have is a good spirit and soul.
I can look into someone and be able to tell their mood, their life, and thier basic habits. I look into souls to find out about the person. It's more like knowing EVERYONE, it's not telepathy.

Like I said before, my parents dismiss me as a nature's mistake:).
My brother and sister dismiss me as a freak of nature.
My friends think I'm taking too much drugs.
AND SOME, believe I'm gifted.

I think I just know everyone for some reason, that's all.
Call it whatever you want.

D

Duel

I do agree with you about how science is a big waste of time.
I do agree with you about how technology is NOT the future.
[/me]
-Duke

Um, that's medievalistic, fundamentalist, and, most importantly, self-righteously ignorant. I don't usually insult people, but you seem intelligent. You can't possibly mean that.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Uh, Duel, I agree with DUke.

A future based on technology would eventually end up something like the book 1984 (did anyone read it?) except instead of telescreens, there will be two-way computer screens or something to that effect. Remember (those of you who read it; if you didn't, you probably should) that the whole situation started because of a huge nuclear war of some kind? If we continue to advance the specific types of technology that we are advancing, a nuclear war might be likely to happen at least within the next century. Think about it. If we are so much more evolved today than we were 100000 years ago, why would we go around blowing each other up or threatening to? Whether we die or they die, it's both of our losses.

The good future lies in learning to connect with the things that can't be scientifically proven in any reality, not just walking around every day and ignoring them. The only point of reality is to coexist with others. In this impersonal world we live in today, we may be incredibly more advanced today than our ancestors were 100000 years ago, but the technology they had wasn't enough to poison their spirits.

I read an article at the end of August that describes how a bunch of researchers found out a way to make a computer program that artificially "evolves" little robotic creatures to walk across a plane by mimicking Darwinian evolution processes. To me, this illustrates the beginning of the end. I'm not necessarily saying that something like The Matrix will automatically happen, but haven't you noticed that humanity has an uncanny knack for taking brilliant technology (if you think any technology is "brilliant"; I don't, but if my science teacher reads this she'll be annoyed at me :) ) and screwing it up big time. The Cold War should not have happened and shows us how unevolved countries on both sides were (I'm not blaming either side at this time, just not getting involved right now)
and probably still are, although maybe they are infinitessimally more evolved.

Actually, my computer science teacher is probably annoyed at me too. :(

(Note to self: he's usually anoyed at me anyway!!!)

Oh yeah.. :)

D

DÛke

...no offense, or anything, but what you said about me is completely out of my style. You are wrong.
I didn't say I ignore science as a whole, but I ignore it to an extent.

Like I said, science is a "POLICE" that stops people from crossing the "ILLOGICCAL". When scientists can't figure out something, they will classify it as a "NON-EXISTANT": is that right? To classify unprooven matter as non-existant!? NO! Science is about learning new things and finding them out no matter how "impossible" they may appear to be, science isn't about technology, but about self-improvement, and knowing ones self.

Science is a law created to give society non-existant rules; rules, that centuries later, would seem correct!

Ha! We can't proove telepathy, therefore, it's impossible! Is that right? That's what scientists say: "it occurs randomly...But, since we can't PROOVE it, we will DISMISS the idea as NONEXISTANT!" <---This is science: organizing reality so it can fit, but, sadly, inorder to make it fit, you have make up "lies" and put up the rules.

Thallid is completely right on this one.

We are the source of destruction, we are the source of the loss.
We are the source that will end humanity, for a good, good cause.

G

Gizmo

I don`t think you`d ever get a scientist to say that something is impossible. Scientists are far more aware of the fact that our understanding of the universe is incomplete than any other single group. No scientist would say that Telepathy is impossible, they would at worst say that there is minimal supporting evidence to back the Higgs-Boson theory (the founding theory used by those who suggest Telepathy and Telekinesis is possible).

Science should not be seen as an enemy.
Laws should not be seen as an enemy.

Science is at the forefront of humanity, it is not the retarding factor. I have to agree with Duel, I find it hard to comprehend how any intelligent and self-aware person can believe what you say you believe in, Duke. Just as I can`t believe that any intelligent and self-aware person can believe in the existence of God as appears in the Bible.

If we are to believe our own senses then the universe exists, and it appears to operate in a manner which is best described by the Laws Of Physics. If we are not to believe our own senses then the discussion becomes meaningless - refusing to believe what our senses tell us is simply a way of refusing to enter the debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.