Fantasy Football 2018

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I renewed the league (the earliest ever!) and it should be at the same link - let me know if you still need it.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Are you ready for more pain? The Maniacal Dynasty is here and ready to tear this league yet another new one once again.

Ransac, cpa trash man

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
When I clicked the link for last season I got these errors:

• You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)
  • There was a temporary problem with the server. Please try again shortly. (Error #115)
Oddly though, it was self-titled as the 2018 Fantasy Football pages, so maybe it was just a glitch...:confused:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, try this link.

Speaking of this, it's probably time to decide the date and time of when people want to live draft... as usual, I'll be unable to make it, but you guys decide who wants to do it and I'll change the draft settings.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Again, I got:

You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)

And again it said Football '18 , so I'm confused...:confused:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Weird. That's what the custom url is in the Settings. Try 1) Refresh/Reload the page (it could be using old cache information) and if that still doesn't work, search for league 44304 and see if you can get to it that way.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I fixed it. Stupid AT&T split my AT&T account from my Yahoo account a few months ago, and I forgot that the account I've been on for football was the older Yahoo account. It took me a few minutes and a recovery code (cause it wouldn't take my old PW either), but I'm in. Am I reading it right though - it's set up as a Keeper league now? :eek:

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
The league settings seem to be encouraging us to set our keepers, so I was wondering if you set things up to make this a Keeper league. In a Keeper league, you get to keep X players each season to carry over from the previous season. Typically you're only allowed to keep 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 or 2 WR and/or TE, and perhaps a K or DEF, and the rest go back into the pool to be drafted like everyone else.

This way no one gets to keep a whole super-team from year to year, but if you get some really good players this year you can keep them next season, and the season after that, etc. Or if you don't want to keep your guys you can elect to drop them and pick up FA's after the draft to fill your roster out, though the last time I did that in a Keeper league (a few years ago) the team never recovered.

I'm not sure that would work for us this season, since it's not like we've all been taking things very seriously. But we could try it if you want...:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Huh. I thought you meant "Keeper" as in "auto-renewal" :) No, I didn't set it or change it to be the way you describe, I'll go and check. If it is set that way, I'll turn it off as we haven't been doing that all along.