Fantasy Football 2009

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I am crossing my fingers that Brady doesn't have a monster game... he can have just a "reasonable" one (like 40 points) and I can still squeak by...

What a close game with Simarls and Takklemaggots... 1 point difference... depending on tonight, looks like the top 2 teams were taken down this past week...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Even 10-7 game is good for me..... ha ha ha ha ha ha
NE and NO should combine for 50 to 70 points...... I hope that every player tonight just does their projected amount and no more...... please, please.....

Go Defenses.......

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Woo! I survived! Yet I'm still in fourth place with four teams tied at 7-5... go figure. Except for Ransac and Crashter's Cowboys, every team is still in it for the playoffs right now...

turgy22

Nothing Special
I think you overestimate the odds that myself and DF have to make the playoffs. Not that we aren't technically in it, but the odds are so slim it's almost impossible. It's really between 6 teams right now.

Here's the scenario I would need to unfold to have a chance of making the playoffs (in order of likeliness):
1. TomB needs to win out. I can't pass him, so he may as well keep winning and give losses to Melkor and Mooseman in the process.
2. train needs to lose at least once. Note that his last two games are against the current worst two teams in the league.
3. Mooseman needs to lose out.
4. One of Spiderman, rokapoke or Melkor need to lose out. Considering two of the games left to be played are Spiderman vs. rokapoke and rokapoke vs. Melkor, the odds of this happening are pretty slim.
5. I need to win out and score enough points to pass whichever player loses out. Whoever it is, I'll need to make up at least 200 points to do so.

So, yeah, I'd say my chances are close to 0. And DF has the same record but fewer points than me, so it's going to be even harder for him.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
See, I haven't checked the schedule for the next two weeks (well, next week I did, but just for myself).

It'll be tough, but there's a chance. Who knew Warner would be out this past week? Or Stafford would have a monster day two weeks ago? There's games I thought I should have won in the past but didn't and games I've squeaked by...

DF I agree with, since he hasn't been maintaining his team and probably should have won some games if he had and would have been in a better position by now :)

T

train

I'm hoping to win out - and the only true hopes I have are that my players all need to play in real life for their teams to do much towards playoffs - so hopefully I can ride two more weeks of wins...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that sucks... who knew Campbell would have such a great day, and they were calling for "blustery conditions" so it was expected to run the ball more and keep the passing attack down... so if I had put him and Moreno in, I might have had a shot tonight, but as it is, looks like I'm still fighting for fourth place...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No offense, but thank goodness... :)

Although if your scores went against other teams, you would have beaten them. They're pretty decent, you just got matched up against some teams and player who happened to have great days those weeks.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Well, the chance of me making the playoffs just got a lot clearer. All I need now is...
1. Spiderman, Mooseman and train must all lose.
2. I must win.
3. I must outscore Spiderman by at least 160 points.

So, um, go DF, TomB, and Ransac! And may Spiderman's entire team get injured the moment they step on the field!

T

train

I've got other people's fingers crossed... Time for me to make the playoffs...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, Brendan Marshall gave me quite a scare... 63 points for a WR? 21 receptions? DF should have been dominating if he had been paying attention, he really had a good team...

So barring any surprises tonight, I hope I make the final four...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, so Arizona had a meltdown and consequently, Mooseman didn't beat TomB. I'm gonna have my work cut out for me as I had hoped not to face the Fighting Platypuses right now...

T

train

I'm in the consolation... sheesh... only one more season win and I'd a made it... and had it not been for points - I would have had the tie-breaker over spidey...

Congrats guys... I now prepare to ride down the not-so-victory lane...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dude, it's kinda amazing that you have the second lowest point total and you placed as high as you did... :eek:

T

train

I do what I can... (heh)

And my players are solid at this time of season as all seem to be vying for the playoffs - so they won't sit, etc. So maybe the consolation is mine for the taking...

:cool: