I think you overestimate the odds that myself and DF have to make the playoffs. Not that we aren't technically in it, but the odds are so slim it's almost impossible. It's really between 6 teams right now.
Here's the scenario I would need to unfold to have a chance of making the playoffs (in order of likeliness):
1. TomB needs to win out. I can't pass him, so he may as well keep winning and give losses to Melkor and Mooseman in the process.
2. train needs to lose at least once. Note that his last two games are against the current worst two teams in the league.
3. Mooseman needs to lose out.
4. One of Spiderman, rokapoke or Melkor need to lose out. Considering two of the games left to be played are Spiderman vs. rokapoke and rokapoke vs. Melkor, the odds of this happening are pretty slim.
5. I need to win out and score enough points to pass whichever player loses out. Whoever it is, I'll need to make up at least 200 points to do so.
So, yeah, I'd say my chances are close to 0. And DF has the same record but fewer points than me, so it's going to be even harder for him.