Fantasy Football 2009

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's that time of the year again! I renewed our league with the same settings as last year.

League #213561 pw dwarven

And it looks like two people have already joined, thanks to email notification!

If you want a live draft time, let me know... the auto thing's been working for me so I'll probably just stay with that.

R

rokapoke

So what's the plan as far as when we're doing the draft? Any ideas? And what are we going to do if we have just these nine entrants?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
We will need an even number for Yahoo! to let us draft. Auto draft seems fine.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, no one has said anything to the contrary so far, so I was assuming autodraft. You guys gotta tell me what you want to do, since I'm not going to be there live and have done well with autodraft in the past.

If there's an odd number, I'll make a dummy team but let it draft "for real" so there's a challenge and since not everyone faces it an equal amount of times. I think that was the plan for last year until we got an even number of teams.

R

rokapoke

I'm all for autodraft (I actually adjusted my prerankings accordingly), I'm just wondering when we're doing it.

I agree with the concept of a "real" dummy team, too.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I think we did a live draft the last couple years, but to be honest it doesn't really matter to me how we do it either way. As far and when to draft is concerned, my other leagues usually do the draft a week or 2 before the regular season starts, which usually seems like a good idea because that way everyone's a bit more familiar with some of the newer players/injuries/retirees, etc.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We have done a live draft in the past (I think we did one last year, in fact), but I haven't been able to make it, that's why I said it was really up to any interested parties to agree on a date and time and then tell me so I can set it up. Just because I can't do it doesn't mean you guys can't :)

How about a week and a half before the regular season? That'll give time for people to set up their rosters and whatnot...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Week and a half before is fine. I prefer the autodraft to the live draft, since I can't guarantee if I can make a live draft (though they are fun).

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All right, I'll set up/schedule the draft for Aug 26; that looks to be a week and a half before the first game of the season.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I see we have 9 teams. Does anyone care if I invite someone outside the CPA to give us an even number?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I turned on the Draft but didn't know it takes up to 72 hours, so we have from now until Saturday...