Fantasy Football 2009

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yeah, that's what's so baffling. If he had done nothing, he would have picked up Adrian Peterson. So obviously, he went in and adjusted his rankings to put Tomlinson #1.

LOL! I just saw that he drafted Michael Crabtree, too. I can't believe he missed out on Vick.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think he does his pre-ranking but then pretty much leaves his team alone during the season.

I picked up some weird guys too...

T

train

Crabtree was purely an autodraft after my other picks were out - but I only ranked 6-10, don't remember...

Peters-out won't cut it this year in my mind - I'm thinking distractions or injuries... he doesn't have the line he needs in my opinion... Brett doesn't have it either - but they are going to try and beef up before season starts...
Peterson scored only 1 touchdown his last 4 games, and dropped in touchdown production from his rookie year... I think he's at that plateau and won't see another 1700 yd. season...

Tomlinson and Rivers will bring their experience back to avenge last year's debacle... Tomlinson can't live with how he performed and they ended up - so I'm looking for much improvement... He was also injured... and still had 5 touchdowns during the last 4 games while benching it different times in the game...

Crabtree - even if he signed and got started - the qb is hurting now, so he can't even get decent passing...

The rest of the team has solid stats - just not sure if they will be high enough. We'll find out... I'll be a bit more active this year than others now that things are settling down...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Fair enough. I can buy that you aren't sold on Peterson, but Tomlinson is on the downside of his career. Even if he's a lot more productive and determined this year, he'll lose carries to Sproles. I would think if you weren't sold on Peterson, you'd at least pick Turner, who's clearly The Guy in Atlanta, has a solid team around him and hasn't even peaked yet. Either way, I think if you really wanted Tomlinson, you could have picked Peterson or Turner and traded for Tomlinson and maybe gotten an upgrade at WR (or a backup QB) in the process.

T

train

I didn't look at trade value as much - but in most of my leagues played, the trade hasn't been the strategy I've ever been successful with...

Course I've never really won a season either... ;)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Come on "Trent Edwards throwing a lot of interceptions and taking a lot of sacks, while only completing passes to T.O.!!!"

T

train

Pretty sure my game wasn't down to the wire...

But - there's always next week... and year...:rolleyes:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, it looks like our league is pretty even right now... only one undefeated team and one with 2 losses... everyone else is 1-1

R

rokapoke

Stupid Ted Ginn Jr. and his big Monday night! I'll get you next time, DF!