Fantasy Football 2009

T

train

I can actually say I'm on a win streak...

Definition 4b - below:

* Main Entry: 1streak
* Pronunciation: \ˈstrēk\
* Function: noun
* Etymology: Middle English streke, from Old English strica; akin to Old High German strich line, Latin striga row — more at strike
* Date: before 12th century

1 : a line or mark of a different color or texture from the ground : stripe
2 a : the color of the fine powder of a mineral obtained by scratching or rubbing against a hard white surface and constituting an important distinguishing character b : inoculum implanted in a line on a solid medium c : any of numerous virus diseases of plants (as tobacco and maize) resembling mosaic but usually producing at least some linear markings
3 a : a narrow band of light b : a lightning bolt
4 a : a slight admixture : trace <had a mean streak in him> b : a brief run (as of luck) c : a consecutive series <was on a winning streak>
5 : a narrow layer (as of fat)
6 : an act or instance of streaking

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
TomB: Bad luck about your two RBs... I wanted to beat ya, but more "fair and square"... that's just like getting a land flood or something :)

Looks like after tonight there won't be any undefeated or all-defeated teams!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Forgot to mention, the LiveStatTracker is pretty cool... I'm not sure why we're getting it this year when it was only available for Week 1 in years past, but maybe Yahoo just gave it to the "basic" package or whatever. In any case, it's pretty cool...

R

rokapoke

Spiderman;286586 said:
Forgot to mention, the LiveStatTracker is pretty cool... I'm not sure why we're getting it this year when it was only available for Week 1 in years past, but maybe Yahoo just gave it to the "basic" package or whatever. In any case, it's pretty cool...
If for whatever reason they are merely extending the "free trial" of it, I move that we run the league on ESPN.com next year. I also really like the live fantasy scoring updates, which come standard on all ESPN leagues, though Yahoo! has, in the past, required money for this.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was actually thinking of ponying up money for the league to have the feature, but if they're including it for free now, so much the better. I guess we'll see in the future, but 3 weeks of it seems pretty certain that it's here (unless it's some nice number like 5 weeks or something).

I like Yahoo 'cause all I have to do is just renew the league with the same settings :)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in 2 keeper leagues on http://www.fleaflicker.com starting this season...So far it seems okay (the live draft went REALLY smooth), and from what I understand it's another free site with live updates...:D

T

train

I was stressing early - no offense, and only pts. off turnovers... I had faith in a field goal - but four extra points will do just fine...

"I'm streaking again!"...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, that was the worst game ever. I hope my team bounces back this week.

And train squeaks by again...

I think it's pretty amazing that the DF Warriors haven't made any moves or trades yet are in first place... :eek:

T

train

It was close considering my defense was a -11 points, and I had to make up 70+ points from players with teams that normally don't do too much... then they just opened the floodgate of points in the second half...

"Still streakin'!!!"

and now you all have that image in your head... sheesh...

out of gutters boys - get your mind out of the gutters...

haha...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, here's hoping Orton, Knowshon, and the Broncos D can overcome 48 + whatever points the kicker comes up with... if I had stayed with Flacco, I wouldn't be worrying right now...

And the DF Warriors are still rolling strong, despite having two players on bye... if it wasn't for some good performances on the opposing team (who I forget even though I was just on the site), they'd keep their win streak alive...