Extreamly ANGERY...

D

DÛke

...I am about to go insane. Seriously man...s**t...

After another hard day at the University, I finally come home, get my mail -- and there it was -- a letter from a Church.

I opened it, and inside, there's a little booklet. The booklet insults Islam, and tries to convert Muslims to Christianity. :( :mad:

Some quotes from the booklet:

The Holy Koran condemns it (the Bible).
This is so not true, because the Koran clearly greatly recognizes Christianity, Jesus, and his death on the Cross.

Islam truthfully teaches that someone else died on the Cross.
So untrue. Islam, again, greatly recognizes Christianity and all of its properties.

You and all Muslims will be trembling. You have been betrayed! But there is a real God in heaven who loves all Muslims and wants them to know the truth. He is the God the Father, God of the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. These three are the one true God. Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God, created the universe. Jesus Christ will judge all who ever lived. On the last day, Muhammad will bow down and say "Jesus Christ is Lord!"
The truth is that Allah is not God, Muhammad was no prophet and the Koran is not the Word of God.
Admit that you are a sinner in need of a Savior, repent, and ask Jesus to come into your heart.
And at the end, they give you a TOLL FREE NUMBER to call them, and, they're even nice enough to give you the directions on what you do when you call:
1. Admit you are a sinner.
2. Repent.
3. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried and rose from the dead.
4. Through prayer, invite Jesus into your life to become your personal Savior.

What to pray:

Dear God, thank you for showing me what You think about Islam. I also reject it! I accept Christ's sacrifice as perfect and complete. Please forgive me in Jesus' name. I invite Jesus Christ to come into my life and I place my trust in Him alone for my salvation. Thank you for giving me eternal life right now.
No words I can write at all can ever describe the rage, pain, and hatred I am growing toward these people that say these things.

"Allah is not God"? Give me a break! It's called, different languages! God is "Allah" in Arabic and Allah is "God" in English -- they're one and the same!

<sigh> Me and my family are Muslims, but we really don't take it seriously. Non of us really believe in God. However, getting a little booklet that is made out of lies, and is arrogant enough to attempt to convert me or any of my fellow Muslims is something so insulting, so degrading, and it doesn't at all make Christianity look good. I swear, if I used to think Christianity as just another religion, now I think much less of it because of such stupid, uneducated lies and acts...

I think this is total harassment, and I posted this just to show you guys how extremist some people can be, be it Muslims or Christians. The people who sent this booklet, are just as extreme as Osama bin Ladin, that's my opinion...

I really must say, in all of my years in the United States, I have never been so offended. To be more actual, I have never been offended this bad in my entire life...and you know what, I'm not even really a "Muslim," I'm just born with that religion tag on my back. Imagine this booklet that is being sent all over the place to more faithful Muslims around the U.S....I see it very problematic...and it can cause serious troubles...not to mention pain and anger...

I'm officially insulted... :(

<sigh> <sigh> <sigh>

M

MrXarvox

That kind of thing is bloody stupid. So incredibly so, that instead of finding it offensive, I find it hilarious. I mean, really, they tell you to call a phone number and "repent"?
Yeah, that's it, I'm going to renounce my religion because you sent me an booklet.

<laughs at the stupidity of fanatics>

Sure, it's insulting, but it's so pitiful that it's funny.

M

Multani

Do not judge the many by the one, or the few.
[rant]
Religion as a whole is no longer necessary. They are merely reminders of an earlier time for humanity. They were of a time when man was savage, and when he was asking questions he had no idea how to answer. The great holy wars were bred of petty religious bickering. Even to this day, religion continues to divide the world. As civilized beings, we must discard presumptions, and move on. We must progress as a race, and rely on emprical evidence, and logic, instead of religious speculations and dogmatic beliefs. Religion is a wall that has been erected by man to protect his sanity. Now, as a race, we must tear down that wall, or we will never fully see what lies ahead. And to those who still believe there is a benevolent being, I say this: "If a god(s) exists, and if this is the type of world they've created, then I am not impressed."
[/rant]

DUke: Chill man. I understand this may be a very grave insult to you, but you have to understand, that by being angry, they have already won. The best way to combat this idiocy(sp?) and ignorence, is to ignore them. I'm betting that this is probably a hate group that might have sprung up after 9/11. Don't lose sleep over it.

Whatever you do, don't sink down to their level by going on an anti-Christ crusade.

T

theorgg

Originally posted by DÛke

"Allah is not God"? Give me a break! It's called, different languages! God is "Allah" in Arabic and Allah is "God" in English -- they're one and the same!
Y'know, DUke, your entire post is correct, except for this grammatically incorrect sentance..

I belive the above sentance should read "The English word for "Allah" is "God," and the Arabian word for "God" is "Allah."

Apart from that, correct.

What to do with the book: I do believe the bible advocates destruction or desicration of objects of lie like the pamplet.

A girl came to the Magic club my freshman year. She had the Jack Chick comic that condemned Games as objects of Satan(or Sheitan, of you prefer the muslim spelling*).

I actually took the pamplet, read it, pulled my pants down halfway uncovering my buttox, whipe'd the pamplet a few times over it, and handed it calmly back. The rest of the club was simply talking opinions on God and the world with the girl.

It really saddens me when somone takes Dogma without thought.

DUke, it's a shame that people try to lie to get conversion insted of the truth of God. Don't be bothered.

Also, what faith was it? Was it the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints? If so, I doubt you want to become a Mormon, even though ya'll's customs do have multiple wives in common**.

And before anyone asks, Yes, I DO BELIEVE in God Almighty. Even if he couldn't make a booger he couldn't pick.

*According to Duelist number twelve, explaining Kookus's current name and it's original version

**A JOKE! No offence ment by the Harem reference!

D

DÛke

...it's not really the insulting of Islam that bothers me much, although it does bother me some.

This is the United States, the "greatest country" in the world...and that's what every single living relative I have thinks. We only know America in our dreams...it's like a paradise...a heaven. You know, once I got here, it wasn't such a paradise. In fact, I've met some of the most ignorant people ever in the United States, and that's saying *a lot* considering I have been to many other countries. I know it's not great at all to generalize, but you know, if I am to count how many idiots I've met in each country, the United States would win by great margin.

Orgg, this is not just any church, it's a "good" church. They gave us their phone numbers and everything -- they were serious. My dad called his Arabian friends in St. Louis and most of them recieved the letter. It's an actual church, not just a "group" of people or something. It's even an actual publication, that booklet.

Multani, I don't think religion is a big deal too. Though I do hold an agnostic point of view of God. Hey, the "Big Bang" came from something...who knows?

Mr. X, I did actually laugh it out, but to think that I'm living in the same state as these idiots is degrading to every intelligent soul I've met.

It's quite alright...I was just shocked to discover such low levels of ignorance...really, it was shocking...

G

Gerode

The scary thing about that pamphlet is that some people actually believe all that... :eek:

S

Svenmonkey

Well, DUke, being the "greatest country in the world" has its downfalls, like the freedom to be a complete jerk and the freedom to utter ignorance...

People like this (including skinheads, the KKK, and all dem hate groups) make me mad. And madness is an advantage in combat... :)

M

Mr_Pestilence

There are all kinds of ignorant people in the world, always have been, always will be.

I would just trash can the pamphlet, and not worry about it.

T

theorgg

Two questions:

1. What Church?

2. Could you send me the propaganda? It would be of interest to my sociology class, as we do study this type thing a couple of chapters from now.

The first is a genuine interest to me, the second is a bit selfish, though explained... so all intents be known.

C

Chaos Turtle

I don't think you shuld get too upset about it. Evangelical Chrsitians believe that it's not only their right but their god-given duty to convert others by showing them the evil of their ways. Start getting used to it now; you'll surely be getting more letter like it in the future.

But...something puzzles me. How would they have known to send this letter to you? Is some religious organization keeping tabs on who is and is not Muslim? Being specifically targeted would be rather upsetting to me, too.

D

DÛke

...Chaos Turtle, oh, I already knew we're "tagged," especially all the Muslims now. All they need to do is punch down my social security number to find out everything about me. So yeah, they know who all are the Muslims in St. Louis.

Svenmonkey, to be honest, although I love the very modern life here, I still don't think it's the greatest in the world, but it is the most developed, I'll say that.

TheOrgg, I'll scan and send you each page of the booklet. Once you see it for yourself, you'll see how much more offending it is. I actually left out some stuff. What bothered me when I first thought of it is how they dare to try to convert anyone with such a silly booklet! It's so silly...

It's outta my system. I just needed a warning that people like that are still alive, even in such a modern society...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member

This is the United States, the "greatest country" in the world...and that's what every single living relative I have thinks. We only know America in our dreams...it's like a paradise...a heaven. You know, once I got here, it wasn't such a paradise. In fact, I've met some of the most ignorant people ever in the United States, and that's saying *a lot* considering I have been to many other countries. I know it's not great at all to generalize, but you know, if I am to count how many idiots I've met in each country, the United States would win by great margin.

It's the ideals of the USA and what it ideally stands for and what you can do in the country that makes it "great" (at least to others). However, you always have your few "village idiots". It's when those idiots gain power and try to drastically change the country's ideals is when you have to worry.

I would also disagree with Multani presumption that religion has lost it's place in the world. Sure it has caused its share of conflicts. But unless you see the world as becoming the "Global Community" with everyone sharing the same beliefs, you're gonna have your differing ones. Perhaps you're saying that's the fault right there, but then it's going to take many more moons before the human race ever evolves to that point (naturally, barring some "disease" that targets a specific belief or genocide type thing).

I'm also not sure why, since you can't prove some Supreme Being exists, that means he can't exist. Sure, it makes it harder to believe, but that's why it's called faith. No one knows how the universe came into being; having some S.B. create it is as good as the Big Bang theory (or combining them, with the S.B. starting the Big Bang).

D

DÛke

Spiderman:

It's the ideals of the USA and what it ideally stands for and what you can do in the country that makes it "great" (at least to others). However, you always have your few "village idiots". It's when those idiots gain power and try to drastically change the country's ideals is when you have to worry.
I kind of disagree. The U.S. is *only* great because of it's modern development. That's about it. Oh, and you have "freedom of speech." To be honest, most other countries have this "freedom of speech." In Iraq, for example, which you probably know as a very restricted country, is rather "free." The only thing is, you can't burn the Iraqi flag, and you can't talk badly about the president *at all.* So my living in the U.S. only offers me the ability to curse down sweet ol'dear Bush as much as I want, and maybe, *maybe* burn the American flag -- both of which are not that interesting and offer no real self-expression at all. I was talking to one of my European friends over the net not too long ago, and he said something that really burned in my mind. I was talking about the "American freedom," and he said, "what freedom?" And you know, when you think about it, the U.S. social life is only unique and beautiful because there is so much to offer. That's about it. Similar living experience can be achieved in Canada, U.K., Jordan, Egypt, and most likely other countries.
Spiderman:

I'm also not sure why, since you can't prove some Supreme Being exists, that means he can't exist. Sure, it makes it harder to believe, but that's why it's called faith. No one knows how the universe came into being; having some S.B. create it is as good as the Big Bang theory (or combining them, with the S.B. starting the Big Bang).
That's why most of us should hold on to an agnostic point of view. It offers so much in so little. It doesn't try to prove the unproven, and there isn't an argument that can shake it down. It basically leaves everything to time, until something new is revealed. So easy and simple...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I kind of disagree. The U.S. is *only* great because of it's modern development. That's about it. Oh, and you have "freedom of speech." To be honest, most other countries have this "freedom of speech." In Iraq, for example, which you probably know as a very restricted country, is rather "free." The only thing is, you can't burn the Iraqi flag, and you can't talk badly about the president *at all.* So my living in the U.S. only offers me the ability to curse down sweet ol'dear Bush as much as I want, and maybe, *maybe* burn the American flag -- both of which are not that interesting and offer no real self-expression at all. I was talking to one of my European friends over the net not too long ago, and he said something that really burned in my mind. I was talking about the "American freedom," and he said, "what freedom?" And you know, when you think about it, the U.S. social life is only unique and beautiful because there is so much to offer. That's about it. Similar living experience can be achieved in Canada, U.K., Jordan, Egypt, and most likely other countries.
Well, when you use the term "greatest country on Earth", you have to think what exactly defines that term. Personal opinions aside (like from whatever impressions your relatives think), you take in political, economics, and social factors and if you put them together, that's probably what you get.

Now, speaking specifically, while burning the flag and speaking badly about Bush may not appeal to you, there's whole segments of the population that make it their business to do so (well, at least the latter). Also, what is the standard of living in Iraq compared to the US? What's the poverty line? What's the opportunity for advancement? And isn't there supposed to be some "civil war" with the Kurds right now? If not war, either dislocation or extermination?

What freedom was our friend trying to compare to? Yeah, the drinking age here is 21. I'm sure lots of people don't see that as free. Is Egypt free with military tribunals? (Although the US seems to be moving towards that now anyway).

I don't think you can say "greatest" with just looking at "freedoms". Certainly, for bad or for good, the US has certain political clout that other countries don't enjoy. But sure, Canada and other countries are on par or better in certain areas compared to the US.

D

DÛke

...all very true.

You see, though, the U.S. is really hyped. I wouldn't say it's an "over hype" at all. I'm really thankful that I could be living in such a developed country, but the truth is, aside all this extra technical stuff I have (a music studio), and the additional ways of daily living (fast food, pizza at 2:00 AM)...it all boils down to as the U.S being just yet another country. If we take it on just simply living one's life in the U.S., than the U.S. is just beautiful because it creates a materialistic atmosphere, I dunno if that's good or bad, but I love it.

My friend was talking about the whole deal of the "American freedom," because most Americans view that as a "big thing," when really, it's just the materialistic world that makes it great -- being able to buy whatever you want, when you want, and from where you want is a dream come true to many people. Most of the idiots that I encountered in real life say how the U.S. is great because of it's "freedom," and I'm 307% sure they mean the material-world freedom. That's all.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Obtaining material goods is a big part of society. I guess it's a way of "keeping score", for the majority...

A

arhar

Yeah....

Stupid fanatics, how I hate them!!!

Stupid American Christians, how dare they send you the pamphlets of trying to convert you to Christianity!!!

Now in Pakistan - it's all different. If you're a Christian, in Pakistan, Muslims just ride into the church and massacre everybody.

Of course, Americans are bigger fanatics!

D

DÛke

Arhar:

Yeah....

Stupid fanatics, how I hate them!!!

Stupid American Christians, how dare they send you the pamphlets of trying to convert you to Christianity!!!

Now in Pakistan - it's all different. If you're a Christian, in Pakistan, Muslims just ride into the church and massacre everybody.

Of course, Americans are bigger fanatics!
Wow, you seem to be highly, highly, highly misinformed Arhar. For your information, I'm from Iraq. In Iraq, as we speak, there are many Christians living there, alive and not harassed. In case you don't know, I came from a very high-class family, and in general, Iraq is very great country if it wasn't for that bu11oink president. Now, just like there are many different levels of Christianity that I'm willing to forgive, everyone else should be able to understand that there are some different levels in Islam...and in fact, different levels in each religion.

All that said, I'm *not* living in Pakistan, or Iraq. I'm not living in the Middle East. I'm living in the U.S., so I should be respected, and *if* anyone dares to attempt to convert me, they should at least send me something more than a 50 cent-worth booklet. I'm an official and a legal American now, and therefore, I shouldn't be treated that way. Now, if I were in Pakistan, my expectancies would be different...too bad I'm not. So yeah, they are stupid American Christians, and yeah, they are stupid fanatics, and yeah, they are worse than all other fanatics, why? Because this is a modern, civilized society. We're not living back in the Middle Ages...so yeah...it's worse than Pakistan -- in fact, it's about 307% worse than Pakistan….heck, they’re more idiots than those living in Pakistan because you wouldn’t expect such a thing in the U.S. in the first place -- I didn’t.

I don't care much for Islam. I will never, ever, convert. I rather die than convert. I assure with all my soul that no Muslim would convert easily, even if they're not very faithful -- it's in the blood of the Muslim to stay a Muslim for eternity, and that's what separates us from everyone else. That's why, in the world Islam is growing at a rate so incredible. In the U.S., Islam is growing at a rate even more so incredible. In fact, I would expect that the U.S. would be an Islamic country not too long from now -- I promise. Read some population statistics.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Now, just like there are many different levels of Christianity that I'm willing to forgive...
It feels so good to be forgiven, especially by you, DÛke, because I'm not the type to send pamphlets out to people, or to massacre them for that matter...

Man, talk about arrogance...:mad: