Extended Discussion on Personal Views

Ferret

Staff member
"Friend" you want to call me, little knowledge you have of how suicidal and daring, how down right heroic that is to be, not because I am "special," you see, but rather because I sicken every soul. The last thing most people desire today is to be sickened. They reflect their self-hatred and dark-visions on me, rather, see me in a light-hearted manner and you will be surprised how cheerful and joyful I am...
:) I love a challenge. Once I know what the ground-rules are the rest is pretty much easy. I've seen many as you so caught up in your personal angsts that you try and shut everyone else out. You shut out those the disagree w/ you as well as those that agree. While searching for yourself, you forget that a 'self' isn't just defined by what you perceive, but by what your environment has created....but, don't worry: No matter how hard you try to push everyone away, you only draw them closer.

-Ferret

"...Lay off the Descartes. He'll mess you up big time..."

D

DÛke

I don't think you understand me. But who does?

Descartes is one of my all time disliked and disrespected "philosophers." I am not in a "method of doubt everything" mode, as that fragile, weak, innocent little mind did. How most ironic it is, the way he was set to doubt everything but introduced God to us...!

And I'm afraid there are no rules here. All there is an empty space where the selves float and fly, leap and want. There are no Gods here, no ideals, no laws, nothing called virtue or moral - the only thing evil is not being evil; here, I assure you, is where all evil dawns and all falseness and false liberties drown. Those who lack this self, of course, first dare not enter this scolding air, and second, will drown as fast as they enter due to their frail, superficial, "cultured" and "tamed" self. Mostly, I assure, it is due to their insincerity with themselves, their bodies, and lastly, with the world…

A

Almindhra

Originally posted by DÛke

I am an Iraqi. You do not speak for me or my family, my friends, or the thousands of Iraqis I personally know that still live in Iraq: we rather die under Saddam than be "liberated" by your Bush...alright?
Do you think these are part of the thousand he knows of?

Attachments

M

Mazzak

I am more compelled to believe DUke than the news. More likely than not, those people are happy to see Saddam toppled but not happy at all about who did it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it depends. From some news accounts there are some Iraqis who are praising the coalition forces. And by some (and the same) there are not. It probably depends how one was treated there under Saddam.

T

train

Honestly... I don't feel I care how others look at it...

Finish the job, and get the troops rested...

"We have to start preparing for Korea...";)

D

DÛke

How quite expected of a specimen as Almindhra to present such a selective example! There is never a denial that everyone hates Saddam. I hate him myself. I want him gone, perhaps more than your own "leaders." But to be "liberated" by your methods, and to have your seeds of shallow democratic principles planted there, that I weigh against Saddam, the result being that Saddam, no matter how much of personal hatred I have against him, is much better than American democracy. The last thing I need is a country of such high culture corrupted by your methods of life, which make you all too busy to consider life and the universe, ignorant to pain and displeasure, avoidant of different opinions, phobic by all means! This closed mindedness and stupidity versus a criminal regime? Why, live in oppression and in pain is better than living in pleasure yet stupid, and really...Behold! The stupid! Behold! The superfluous! Behold an Almindhra who selects her examples, while all other facts, such as the simple facts that many still rather have Saddam versus Bush, she ignores and downplays. I don't desire a people with such a profession in stupidity. Later on, when everyone will be thankful that Saddam is gone, she will say: "See!" But I tell you right now, of course they will be glad then! A threat that is already there but is eradicated is nothing to cry about, and in fact, should be celebrated. They will celebrate for few weeks or months, but then, you should expect the worst, that is, if there is a puppet show going on between the U.S. and the new Iraqi government. But would I expect the foul to have such insight? Hardly! Rather, I expect bad-breathes and bad-tastes from you guys. :)

"...we don't want another Texas..."

If another country, with principles, perhaps, as France or Germany or even Russia, would invade Iraq, that I will be a little more for. But by the U.S.? Now that's just silly! That is absurd! :) The first thing I detest is Islam and Muslims, so don't try to look at me as an "Islamite." Did you not hear? Europeans are offended if you mistake them for "Americans." Some Americans are offended at the thought they are Americans! :D It is not about being a Muslim at all; rather, it is the realization of a decadent culture, lack of higher spiritedness, lack of life. Well, you are living. But alive and living are almost opposites.

Ferret

Staff member
France, Germany or Russia would never invade their favourite economic partner. Who else would they sell their arms to? Now, they have to find another terroris regime to pawn their goods off on...

-Ferret

"...nothing like waffling words from a Nihilist to get my day going..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Such as North Korea? :) (well, maybe not terrorist, but probably the next unfriendliest nation to the US aside from Iraq)

S

Svenmonkey

Originally posted by DÛke:
But to be "liberated" by your methods, and to have your seeds of shallow democratic principles planted there, that I weigh against Saddam, the result being that Saddam, no matter how much of personal hatred I have against him, is much better than American democracy.
I hate to sound like some crazy right-winger, but thinking that living under a puppet democracy in a country is worse than living under a corrupt dictator is simply laughably daft. Now, I'm not so sure the Iraqis wanted to be liberated by us, but it's not like we're taking over their country for more than a few months. And if you think that a life of oppression and emotional suppression is better than a rather free life under a democracy (yes, one influenced, but not entirely governed, by the US) I question your reasoning abilities.

Now, I think you're implying that US values and culture will ruin the apparently rich culture of Iraq, but any change other than the form of government will be entirely voluntary. So what if a McDonalds or some such nonsense pops up on every street corner? The people wouldn't eat there unless they wanted to. Any attempts at changing Iraqi culture to fit our so-called decadent culture will fail unless Iraqis decide to change.

Z

Zhaneel

"So what if a McDonalds or some such nonsense pops up on every street corner? The people wouldn't eat there unless they wanted to."

I doubt it. We're good enough at marketing, and American pop-culture is cool, so Western capitalism will likely 'invade' whether they want it to or not.

D

DÛke

Monkey, you obviously have been molded by your so called "culture." If all it was truely in the hands of people, maybe the war would have not began in the first place? The forces of culture, of being oppressed and then "liberated," the contrast between the two is great. Perhaps too great for apes to observe? Perhaps! So you are a one who thinks that your Angelic Government is there to liberate? How divine of them! How Godly! And how stupid of you.

Ferret, me...a nihilist? Can you get any more stupid? I do not deny existence. I deny your existence. You and your cultures blind submission really makes me wonder if you exist at all...or if you are merely an illusion, perhaps, simple a "thing" that might be here from a God, a test for me to see if I am able to recognize your quite inexistent nature. I tell you, I have been fooling myslef to try to reconsider the possibility that my "philosophy" is quite extreme in its criminal, bloody natures and lusts, but it seems that the more you utter, the more far away you seem, that stepping over you and denying you the right to life would not mean much to the world. Who are you? A spider that sustains prehistoric webs and ideals...you give nothing to the world, but your "opinion," which you have formed by picking it up from some garbage lots and junkyards...you, of yourself, you are nothing.

But that can be said about good and many. Too many, in fact, too many to count and too plenty to see. One sweep of these insects would do the Earth some good. Great good, and a greater good...

"...is there a bridge near your house? Good! I want you to run, jump, and never look back..."

S

Svenmonkey

I know that on the list of reasons we invaded them, that "liberating" them was probably the lowest down, and just the most publicized. Now, don't think I'm some crazy pro-American kid. I just think that holding a murdering dictator over an elected government, no matter that it's influenced by the US, is pretty stupid. Personally, I'd rather live under an elected government that's puppeteered by a superpower than live in fear under one angry dude with infinite authority who allows no one to disagree.

And a lot of things are in the hands of the people through our elections. The only problem is that once you elect these folk, it's hard to get your views across until the next elections. Now, if we lived under a true democracy, things would be different, though going to the polls on every issue would be a true pain.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Zhaneel
I doubt it. We're good enough at marketing, and American pop-culture is cool, so Western capitalism will likely 'invade' whether they want it to or not.
I think SvenMonkey's right. Look at the countries with McDonalds in them and they haven't been "Americanized" (at least not in Hungary). All it is is another restaurant...

D

DÛke

To Monkey and Spider: McDs are the last thing on my mind. But I am not surprised that it is the first. Look at Kewait or Qatar for example: they have been "liberated" too. Their education system is a great reflection of American education system. Now, if it is not the entire world who thinks Americans are below average, that the American education system is the worst in the entire world...than I would like to see the source. Imagine, now, the entire world with your education system. Yes, you can see a zoo, can you not. An American zoo. In fact, students in Kuwait, now, are much like students in the U.S.: careless, untalented, and for the most part, stupid. I know that it is up to them to decide if they want to adapt or not to this new environment, but...that is a whole new level of politics, or more honestly, it is the politics of economics: the U.S. is one of the greatest countries when it comes to commercializing and influencing, selling and tempting. In Qatar, now, the latest schools are American universities, and still, more American universities are being built, with Americanized books, Americanized politics, Americanized teachings. I hold great contempt to the American education institute, and some of you might know that by now, and to know that other countries are adapting to it simply sickens me.

Lotus Mox: I think she'd be too stupid to "get it." :) Yes, I know, there is not much to get, it is clear! But still...that is the point.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Lotus Mox: The only conclusion I'm drawing from there is that you can't see any individuals clearly.

D

DÛke

Of course I still reply to you! You are an entertainment! You admit I have "good arguments." I tell you: these are the ones you understand. Think of how much you did not understand. I am more right than you, I am better than you. I am superior to you. There is no doubt about that in my heart. There is, however, a consideration of how inferior you are, or exactly, how higher than you I am...that is still open for debate.

I am vulgar. I am offensive. I am untamed. I am childish. Those I will not deny. But what is your rather feeble point, that you so wish to accomplish?
Ferret:

It's one thing to argue intelligently w/ people...
This, of course, is a daring assumption on your behalf, assuming that there are intelligent people here to argue with.

Lotus Mox - not even Spiderman can see what is "wrong" with the picture. Do you really expect much from Almindhra?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Every picture is open to interpretation. If someone is wrong with it, then you already have preconceived notions of what to expect from it...