Evil People

I

Istanbul

What is 'evil'? Such a subjective term. If I kill a man for pleasure, that's evil, right? What if I kill him for money? Is that evil? What if I kill him for money so I can buy food so I won't starve? Is that evil? What if the food is for my family? What if it's for a friend?

Evil is such a subjective term. Don't judge me.

D

Darsh

Duke, when you play in tournements do you ever talk like this to your opponents, like a "jedi mind trick" or something, I know it would mess a person up good:)

H

Hawaiian mage

I'm not really an evil incarnate. I'm just the 5th horse man.

I'm a nice guy! Really! Everything you heard was a bunch of lies...

F

Firestorm

Hmmm I'm guessing Hawian Mage is the Devil. Keep god outta California.

I could be evil...

D

DÛke

Zhaneel, headache? Did you ever wonder if YOU, yourself are giving yourself the headaches rather than someone all the way where I am:)?

Darsh, I don't play tourneys; BUT, I do, yes, I do, talk like this to some of my teachers; they look at me for a minute, stare right at me, then THEY just sit down and shut their mouths. Most of it does make sense, and is very TRUE, and, logic, but some stuff thrown in is simply for mindgames, example is taken from the 'logic' statements I told Gerode:).

Hawaiian Mage, you say you're a nice guy? But did you ever think why YOU think you're nice? Are you really nice, or are you covering a lie that you don't understand about yourself? Are you really nice or are you trying not to see yourself, as you ARE in the mirror? Or, are you afraid of the truth?
There's no such thing as nice, nor Evil. Nice, a word. Evil, another word. What they mean is simply left to the eye of the beholder.

Istanbul, what is 'evil' you ask? I don't know. Evil comes in many, many ways. It comes in ways that are easy to understand; it comes in ways that burns the mind, or it comes in a way that no one will see, until, the end. 'Evil' IS, infact, a subjective term. It could mean anything. If you kill a man for pleasure, do YOU think that's an Evil act or not? What if you kill him for money, what do YOU think? What if you kill him for money to buy food to save yourself, what do YOU think? Always, the question will be: "What do YOU think?". It's up to you, and you alone, to decide if an act is Evil, or not. If it is, than you might not do it, if it's not, you might do it. Evil comes in many ways, like I said, some ways are just harder to classify as Evil, since they are ways that we rarely have to deal with in our current society. Evil is seen as it is from each person's point of view, to a degree.
Killing a man for food, COULD mean that you're Evil, in MY opinion, but killing a man, in anothers' opinion, could mean NOTHING. It's all up to the society, to decide, if you commited an Evil act, or were defending yourself, trying to survive, or, whatever. You do the action, the society will judge, wheather you like it or not, and after the judging comes the cold, the cold, harsh, plain truth, which might seal your fate.

M

MrXarvox

I am Evil. So there. The good kind of evil, mind you, but evil nonetheless. See, I can cackle. Muahahahahahahaha.
And I find dead baby jokes to be utterly hilarious.
(what is more disgusting than a pile of dead babies? A live one at the bottom trying to eat its way out.)
So ha. I define my own evil. And I'm evil because I say so.

D

Darsh

Evil is as evil does, evil is not as evil thinks, you do not THINK you are evil or not, you KNOW whether you are evil or not, which of course if defined to your definition of evil and everyone else's definition of evil, therefore, if WE don't think that you are evil, YOU aren't evil at all because if you were evil, there would be no doubt in anyone's mind that you are evil.

Z

Zhaneel

Originally posted by DÛke
Zhaneel, headache? Did you ever wonder if YOU, yourself are giving yourself the headaches rather than someone all the way where I am:)?

I was perfectly fine until i read this thread! :p ;)

G

Gerode

DUke -> You seem to be certain of so many things. How do you KNOW that what you speak of is the truth? Are you acting superior because YOU have doubts about the world? Do you have doubts about YOURSELF? Are you disclaiming the notion of evil because you cannot rationalize to create a definition? Are you actually THINKING, or just saying that others CAN'T think, and thus saying nothing more? Do you REALLY have alll the answers to these questions, or are you just HIDING behind these mind games, struggling to find a conclusion in YOUR mind?

Darsh -> If you KNEW someone was evil, does that necessitate ME knowing that person is evil? And is it possible to know someone is evil without THINKING about it? If you know one is evil, then it is from INSTINCT. Does everyone else have the same instinct, or can they have a DOUBT in their mind that they are NOT evil? Why would someone have the same definition of evil as you? Do you KNOW everyone has the same opinion, or are you just THINKING they do?

Zhaneel -> Did you THINK youw ere fine before reading this, or did you KNOW you were fine?

G

Gerode

Have you thought WHY that is, Volradon? Did you actually THINK to derive that, or did you only discover that information from low-level memory? Have you thought that "evil" is not backwards of "live" in other languages, that they do NOT have this corollary in other dialects? Did youa ctually try to find MEANING for that pecularity, or just accept it as it is?

D

Darsh

See, it IS fun to write little philosophical arguements against other people's ideas.:)

N

Namielus

Well I might as well post here, and I would say this. I do not define myself as evil because of my stance as someone that sticks to black decks, I play decks that are evil however. Repercussion, Prophet, and Silver.

And by evil I don't mean that they are good decks either, cussion can't ever win against blue creatureless control. Its the cards I have that break down players minds, like Furnace of Rath and repercussion, that means a trip to the judge (a Good Thing(TM)) and he rules in my favor.

I play with my oppenets mind as much as possible. With Zadok, I can't pull may of those tricks but he is half evil too (just doesn't want to say anything about and he acts sane).

I'm evil because of those mindtricks that might not win the game but cause the other player to start crying... not to metion that I need to kill Cerberus.

D

Darsh

Just because you like black (my fav color) doesn't mean you're evil, well mabye a little bit:)

Now going off topic:

When you all first started playing, what was your favorite color and why was it your favorite color, and now what is your favorite color and why?

Mine was, and still is black, and here's why as quoted by the Starter play guide.

"Black"
"The burbling swamps produce black mana. This magic of death, disease, and decay can consume its users as easily as it consumes their enemies. To use black mana, you must be willing to pay a price for power-and learn how to walk its razor edge. With black mana, you can conjure hideous nightstalkers, fearful scorpions, and seas of rats as well as other bog horrors. You can also command the darkest, deadliest kind of monsters-provided you have the stregth of both body and mind to control them."
:)

N

Namielus

Yes pay the price indeed!

Pay it!
Pay it!
Pay it!
I only want to pay it once...

D

DÛke

DUke -> You seem to be certain of so many things. How do you KNOW that what you speak of is the truth? Are you acting superior because YOU have doubts about the world? Do you have doubts about YOURSELF? Are you disclaiming the notion of evil because you cannot rationalize to create a definition? Are you actually THINKING, or just saying that others CAN'T think, and thus saying nothing more? Do you REALLY have alll the answers to these questions, or are you just HIDING behind these mind games, struggling to find a conclusion in YOUR mind?
How do I know what I speak of is, INFACT, the truth?
Um, define truth? What is the truth? Is it what a thought or an action that people have believed in as THIS or as THAT all their lives? Is it something that everyone agrees on? What is the truth? Tell me, if you can. Me, acting "superior"? Where did you get the idea from? Did you think of what I said before saying so? Or did you feel paranoia? Notion of Evil? Definition? What is Evil? Is it what you think is Evil, or what the society think is Evil? In WHOSE eye is the Evil? Me, or you? Who is Evil? What is Evil? THERE'S no answer, go ahead, look in the dictionary, that's not what Evil is, that's what EVIL is supposed to BE according to our poor, sad world...Am I thinking, you're asking? DID YOU THINK before saying this? Where did I say "others can't think"? Or is that your paranoia strike again?
Do I have all the answers to all these questions? What are questions, and what is an answer? Is the answer the reply to the question? Or is the answer, the question itself? Should we question all the answers we have about the world? Or are the answers final? What are answers? According to who? Me? You? Who? Me, hiding, behind mindgames? Why should I hide behind mindgames when I could hide behind the lies the world create; lies they all believe, and accept, no matter HOW wrong they are, and no matter what stupid things happen...
IF I WANT TO HIDE, I would hide behind the world, behind the people, not behind MY OWN GAME, but behind THE WORLD'S own lies, it's own preception, it's own game...My game is reality...Their game is BASED on reality, and still, there will be a question that is unanswered, what is reality? Is it the logic? What logic? Logic of what? Whom? What's illogic? Accoring to whom? Logic and illogic, what stupidity...
"Logic", what you believe in?
"ILLogic", what you can't proove?

There's nothing to say...There are no questions...THE ONLY questions are the answers themselves...

N

Namielus

Duke always lies, and you can trust him to tell you that

PAY IT!
PAY IT!
PAY IT!
PAY IT!

How about only twice?

S

Sleepy

you think all that stuff up by yourself or have you got like a lifetime supply of fortune cookies at your house? you read like a bad philosofer!

Z

Zhaneel

I do not, indeed, know if I am sane or not. However, knowledge is not an issue. Relativity is. I am sane compared to my own standards. I am sane compared to the 'mentally ill', and yet, who is really sane? "The fool thinks he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool" can apply to this question as well.

This is all in response to... someone...