Duke........oh no, not you. :o(

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I just saw his post in the CPA set in Homemade Cards, and I am depressed. Duke is apparently leaving. Please, no one PM him of this, he is trying to *shudder* forget the CPA. This thread is dedicated to the fond memories of.....DUKE. So, I ask all of you to post your favorite thing or post of DUKE and explain why. I hope that we all can go on without him.

Oh, and if no one objects, I would like to take his place in creating cards for CPA members. Just want to pick up where he left off. Here is one in honor of DUKE.

Duke, the fallen
3WWR
Summon Knight Legend
First strike, haste.
Gain 3 life when Duke, the Fallen comes into play.
WW: Does not tap to attack this turn.
5/4

Poor, poor Duke. Please, post your thoughts.

Ransac, utterly depressed

Z

Zadok001

In memory of DUke - His posts have improved so far, they cannot be compared to what he once was on MtgNews. A brilliantly changed member. :( Best of luck to him.

R

Riva Iron-Grip

damn man. why are all the older posters leaving?this bites. sooner or later, i'm going to leave. this bites, but we'll have to make do with out him. Duke is a great guy, and i'm going to be sad to see his witty posts gone. Why is he leaving by the way?

L

Landkiller

Yeah, he seemed like a cool guy. Well, maybe he'll come back eventually, eh?

They all come back...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
[me] waits to see if PJ will continually bring up this thread, imploring DUke to come back and write poetry...[/me]

:D

N

nodnarb24

My fondest memory was when him and I were arguing over how Ed was god (which he is :)) and that DUke wasn't a legend which led to him creating, "TheGuyFromTheOtherPost". We got Ed really mad. Ahh, precious memories.

N

NeuroDeus

Duke signed just a day after me, I remember and the number of people on CPA was half what is now :) He has made lots of post, a lot more than me. Oh Well most of us have to leave, just like it is probably going to happen to me at the end of this year...

D

Darsh

I'm not surprised he left, after all he hasn't played magic in over a year and IMHO the CPA isn't as "exciting" as it was when I first joined, it was inevitable.

I'll miss your posts Duke, you [edited for content];)

T

theorgg

My favorite memory was when we all found out that DÛke's name was pronounced Dukey.
:{ )

It's sad that he's leaving...
:(

H

Hawaiian mage

I just can't stop thinking that he's just less competition now... :rolleyes:

Nah, I will miss him. But in my opinion he left the day he took up his non-spamming oath... :(

Damn turben wearing arabics and their desire to not spam...

K

K9Archmage

DÛke? Who is DÛke? Oh yeah, him. I remember him. I think. Maybe. a little. What? Of course i'm kidding hammie, now shut up. The hamster that lives inside my head tells me that i remember DÛke. He must have been really good. Yeah.

K9Archmage, copyright infringement
Hoipa

C

Cateran Emperor

Whoa, DUke's name is pronounced DUKEY???? Why didn't somebody tell me? Awwwww, I've been making an idiot of myself ... :D

Can anyone tell me why he left? I'm just curious.

Oh and by the way Riva, don't worry. I'll always be here for you to argue politics with :D The CPA will never die so long as we live...

Fare thee well DUke, we remember thee fondly. Thou shalt always be welcome in these hallowed walls...

N

nodnarb24

If anyone knows him in person, can you please tell us exactly why he left.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

yeah really thats what i want to know, Darsh you said he hasn't played for over a year, but i just traded with hime a couple weeks ago, why would someone who stopped playing trade for cards?

H

Hawaiian mage

Azreal, did you trade him for Unmasks? He's collecting those for some reason...

P

Purple_jester

<snif> I called him Dukey even before I knew his name was pronounced that way. :(

I wonder where he is or what he's doing. No matter what bad things you can say about him, there's one thing no one can doubt: It was always interesting with him around, one way or another. ;(

I'll miss him. I wonder when he'll be back. Will he be back at all? I'm not going to ask why he left. But wherever he is, I hope he drops by sometime, just to see how we're all doing. :(

Bye, Dukey. :(

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Good old Duke. *Sigh* I remember that he was the first one to ask me "What in the heck are you talking about???". Ah, memories. We'll miss you Duke. Now it's time for your funeral again.

*Ransac snaps his fingers and everyone for no reason is now wearing black clothes*

I love doing that.

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

theorgg

[me] snaps a string in his fingers and Ransac crumples head first into the stage[/me]

I love doing that!

Z

Zhaneel

DUke was one of the first people to welcome and talk with me here... I will miss you, DUke, wherever you are