DnD 3.5

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Wow Ferret. The person playing the paladin sounds like a jerk. I mean, its one thing that they paladin is going to have it out for your evil cleric, and if they kill you because you've openly broken a law. or commited some atrociously open act of evil, because that would be in character. I mean it'd still suck to lose a character that you'd invested so much time into, but a least the paladin would've been role playing, but to openly act against your alignment for no reason, and kill another player is not only poor role playing, but poor "sportsmanship" as well.

Perhaps they were mad because you were a better roleplayer than them ;)

My Mystic( Lawful Neutral, for now... we'll see how his stint into the dark arts affects his demeanor) has killed one of our PCs. He killed our kender Rogue. but not out of spite, though he did find him annoying. I killed him after he has sustained massive damage( he was at -9), so my character eased him into the next world with a merciful Coup de grace. I did want to get rid of the character, because I thought it was a little too distracting. but I went about it the way my character would. He wouldn't openly murder someone, instead he bided his time, until the kender got him self in trouble, and killed him in an act of mercy(He is a mystic of death and all "life cycle" and all that jazz)

but anyway, I like to think I put a great deal of thought into what my character would do in any given situation...and it annoys me to great extent when someone does something thats not even remotely in flavor for their character. Oh well, its just a game, perhaps I'm looking too much into it.

D

DarthFerret

FERRET -- I have had similar experiences (although I have never had a paladin behead my character before).

We had a Paladin in our party that wanted to, and I quote, "Erraticate all Evil!".

Well, this paladin kept getting in the way of my spellcaster, and jumped ahead of all of my area of effect spells. So, my character, although weaker, told the Paladin to stop the sh@t and act as a part of the group, or my character would do something "Unsavory!"

Needless to say, the Paladin did not listen and ended up on the wrong end of a Fireball, and a Stinking Cloud.

The rest of my group laughed and watched the Paladin turn blue...

<Snicker>

Ferret

Staff member
Hee hee. I mean, your Paladin might have actually been playing in character - rushing in where fools dare to tread - and of course, the eradication of evil - I imagine that the player would never use it to do anything evil (or even neutral), although, it would apear that he had no problems sending him into do any thing stupid...

-Ferret

"A good (no pun intended) Paladin needs Strength, Charisma, and Wisdom - Intelligence not really required...)