Did you ever do an IQ test?

D

DÛke

...measures nothin'. What exactly is the number you earin? What does it represent?

I never took one, simply because I have faith in my abilities and my most inner mentality. I don't need an IQ test to tell me anything.

Though, I understand those who are curious. That's fine...

...other than that, IQ tests are nothing.

H

Hawaiian mage

IQ tests arn't nothing. I think everyone here knows that an IQ test doesn't measur intellegence, but it does measure how fast your able to think logically.

It's just those people who join mensa becuase of a high IQ that pisses me off, they've never accomplished anything except getting into mensa and they instantly think their smarter then somone else. No one is smarter then any one else, everyone is better at different things.

And you may think your smarter then a retarded person, but your not. They can actually read your mind and have strong tellekenetic powers... You better be nice to 'em now, or you'll be sorry when their secret is discovered...

D

DÛke

...all that you mentioned, Hawaiian Mage.

Retards don't have special powers, though...I must say, they do act in strange ways at times. We have some at school...while they don't have "abilities" they do have some kind of enigma within them. There's something obsecure about these people...and I feel like they were born they way they are for a reason.

But that's my beliefs.

...and about the ESP (Extra Sensory Perception) abilities...everyone has those. It just depends on the person. Hint: the first step to realize what you have, you must truely believe in your will to unleash such things. That's just the beginning of a long, long road. ESP, and a couple of other things are some of the reason why I believe some of the things that seem very strange for some people.

"You should've been there..."

Again, that's just me. :)

H

Hawaiian mage

We all have ESP, it's just learning how to use it that's nearly impossible.

DUke, I have a question for you as long as we'er on this subject. You said you can sense another person's emotional status. How do you sense it? Is it like the person gives off a sort of aura thant radiates onto your skin?
I've noticed this, when a person will walk behind me, if I can't hear or see them sometimes I can just know they'er there. And I've also noticed that it sometimes feels different.

I may just sound delusional right now, but if this is the kind of thing you expiriance I'll know whether this is something I should pursue or not.

D

DÛke

...at all.

I don't really like to describe it as an "aura" or anything else. It's just "something" that's there.

You're right about the "awareness", Hawaiian Mage. For me, it's random...but like you, I do "sense" the person...nothing more than that though. That's very common, or at least it should be.

You see, you realize that you could sense the person. It's so easy. If you just point it out to people, they'd learn it quickly...they just never knew about it because no one pointed it out. I bet some even thought it's impossible.

It's so easy.

However, when you speak of other ESP, it takes much greater will of believing. It's to the point that you'll only believe it if you see it with your own eyes - that's how powerful it is.

Feeling a person's emotions maybe just a result of knowing the person for a long time. I have this "feeling" with all my family members, some of my friends, and some other random people. I seriously have no idea as to how it works, all I know that it is probably as easy to establish as the "awareness" from above.

People can do those because they’re not hard to believe. It’s when you start speaking of things like Telepathy, Precognition, Telekinesis, and Clairvoyance…that’s when the mind has the greatest power to disbelief, thus making it seem impossible.

H

Hawaiian mage

Well you would still need to have it be pointed out to you.

As a matter of fact, I have slight psychic powers. I can't predict things far into the futur, but things that are all ready predetermined (like if a person died or something) and I didn't know, I could find out with reasonable accuracy.

Strangly enough, I discovered I could do this from playing the first Zelda... :D

D

DÛke

...don't need any pointers, people do. They don't know they could do it, and they'll be surprised when they find out that they can.

I wish I live long enough to see the "discovery" of ESP. I want to see how the world would react to this so-called "impossible" and "non-existant" abilities. I'll be more than happy to jump out and say "I told you so!"

...about the Zelda thing, don't me make sick! :)

F

FoundationOfRancor

I agree IQ doesent test much...

I took theSpark IQ and I got a 176 and an email telling me to brag:)

HW: This aura-feel you speak of is instinct. Call it what you want.

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by DÛke
...at all.

People can do those because they’re not hard to believe. It’s when you start speaking of things like Telepathy, Precognition, Telekinesis, and Clairvoyance…that’s when the mind has the greatest power to disbelief, thus making it seem impossible.
...or that's when you realize you're talking about Magic cards again. (Urza's Saga, Tempest, Legends, and Ice Age, respectively.)

L

Landkiller

Oftentimes for me I just know what people will say or do, or are likely to think, based on observable behavior, and I imagine what some call ESP is just an extremely refined ability to do this, based on less detailed observation.

There are also definite zones of awareness, which one can enter or leave. I believe that when one is in a certain state of calmness, the mere proximity of others can be detected based on subconcious reading of sensory inputs. This is how I choose to explain that "psychic" ability some of you guys claim.

Real Psychic Powers probably don't exist. But the mind certainly is a powerful thing. It can be trained to dominate over physical reality in some ways. However, I doubt that legitimate explanations exist for Telekinesis or Clairvoyance. If these phenomena are real, then our explanation of reality according to science may be an explanation which only concurs with reality coincidentally.

IQ, 163, for real. But, I went to a gifted school at which I was probably one of the stupidest people there. What a load of donkey turds!

D

DÛke

...is right, to an extent.

What I agree about the most, and what should be emphasized is that ESP (most of the time) arises in states of calmness; however, I found that it could occur in super dramatic states of danger or the need for extreme help.

Creative people have the highest change of realizing their ESP for 1 main reason: calmness. I paint, I draw, I write poetry, and I'm even able to day dream upon my will...when you're so into what you're doin', let me say this, you lose contact with reality.

FoR, for example, said that he recently became so into a Magic game he was playing, that he didn't even realize when people were talking to him...that's the experience I'm talking about; however, what he was doin' was "not creative", because it keeps you thinking about your next move, the cards in your hand, talking with the opponent, and keeps you "involved" WITH the strategy of the game rather than the chance to sail further away from reality – perhaps as far as an engrossed painter

ESP can't be measured, not yet. I believe that there's no "prove" because, like said, it occurs under states of calmness, meditation, and trance. When you're being tested, you're being "pressured", you can't really focus...you're not away from reality, no, but you're thinking about the test and the test results.

Telepathy and Precognition exist…which leads me believe that Clairvoyance and Telekinesis do exist also. Maybe it requires a totally different state of mind…maybe it requires a deeper state of calmness, perhaps deeper than trance…I really believe in their existence…

Landkiller, ESP MAY exist, but Telepahty DOES exist.

S

Salacious Crumb

Telepathy is everywhere. It is in the rock, in the tree. ESP flows around you.

Hoipa

H

Hawaiian mage

Hmm... I thought claroviance was being able to read someones mind... Someone care to explain to the lowly freshman here?

And I don't quite believe in tellekinesis. That would require some sort of unkown energy, perhaps creating an electromagnetic feild or something, but our bodies don't produce that much electrical current so I doubt in tellekenises probability.

But things like tellepathy, those would make compleat sense to me. The brain being as complex as it is could probably communicate with other brains with what ever it is that allows us to even think about this kind of stuff.

M

Mundungu

1) IQ test measure only one type of intelligence, mainly the capacity of deduction. It is logical that gamers can be better at this type of IQ. It doesnt mean a lot on the overall intelligence of the person.

2) the quality of IQ tests vary a lot. Many small Internet IQ test are of lower difficulty just to make people "feel good".

3) The standard is not international.
I am not a native english speaker (english is indeed my 3d language after German and French) and I score in average 20 points higher on US IQ tests than europeans.

4) My IQ in the US is almost always 140 (and I have tried many), whereas it is 120-130 on european tests.

5) Once again, IQ doesnt mean anything in particular.

D

DÛke

...Clairvoyance is the supernatural power of seeing objects or actions removed in space or time from natural viewing. It is the quick, intuitive knowledge of things and people - something like sagacity.

I know what you mean about Telekinesis, Hawaiian Mage, though think a bit about what you said:
...but our bodies don't produce that much electrical current...
Let me reproduce that quote by you:

"Our bodies don't produce that much electrical currents, however, we do produce SOME currents..."

That's why I believe there's always a chance.

The brain CAN communicate in ways unknown to us. If you ever read or hear about major studies about twins, you'll see that most of them have some kind of phenomenal, unrealized way(s) of communication. However they do it, if it exists the SLIGHTEST in twins, it surely exists in other humans; twins are not any more special than any others.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The way I envision it is the ability to definitively hear another's thoughts. No ambiguity on what the other mind is saying.

To that end, so far I don't think it exists. What twins experience may be the start of it or something similar, but it's not definite.

H

Hawaiian mage

Spiderman, that's thought-channling, not tellepathy. I'm pretty sure a friend of mine can channle thoughts... but she wont admit it.

Duke, I was kind of thinking of that anti-gravit thing they put that frog in. That required tremendous amounts of energy (and afterwards they had to shoot the frog with a laser...)

Now to be able to move things from a distance useing an electromagnetic field... that would be a huge feild first of all, so I doubt our minds could create that much energy on the food you eat. Just look at a bowl of cereal, do you really believe there's enough energy in those corn flakes to suspend an object in mid air?

That spoon bending stuff might be real. If you shut your brin from all other thought there might be enough energy to bend a spoon, so long as you were touching it. But why drain your brain of energy to bend a spoon when a hammer works so much better any way?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What's the difference? You said yourself that telepathy was "brains communicating with each other"... :confused:

H

Hawaiian mage

Mind channling is reading their thoughts without them knowing. At least from what I've been told...