Danny cheung

S

sageridder

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/10543.html

From starcitygames

It has come to our attention that an individual named Danny Cheung has spammed numerous Magic: the Gathering message boards (and a number of players through direct e-mail) claiming to be a co-owner of StarCityGames.com. You can read the actual message below.
Please know that this individual is not associated with our company in any way, shape or form. We are currently pursuing this matter with the internet fraud division of the FBI and, intend to spare no expense in prosecuting Mr. Cheung to the fullest extent of the law.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Huzzah! Get that baOINKd. He did this a few weeks ago and even pmed me with spam. I'm quite frankly sick of it.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

BigBlue

aWeSome.... A brand new Troll today.... it's the troll of the day club...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm deleting as fast as I can (already banned this account)

Trouble is, he uses different IPs...

B

BigBlue

Ugh... he's persistent.... PM and email..... can I just say I hate spam.... I have never liked the canned meat (by)product either.... :)

One other note.... if this guy is dumb enough to really give a legit PO Box in Fla... well, if someone can prove he's a fraud he can be prosecuted by the Post Office for Mail Fraud...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That could be what StarCity is doing...

Haven't gotten any PMs... wonder how he's doing it.

S

sageridder

He emailed me a while back.If you watch the who's online while he's on and just after he posts you will see a huge jump in guests many of them will be viewing member profiles.

B

BigBlue

Well, I have my email address visible in my profile... so, I'm sure that's how he sent me an email... I just think it's funny he'd go to all this trouble - given we have a thread talking about the fraud right here...

And as to Sageriders comment.... There are 22 guests right now, and I'm sure they are mostly him - or his ilk...

O

orgg

Didn't he post something about being at Harvard or Yale at some point, then I referred him to SCG?

Heh. That's what happens if you try and help someone, sometimes.

S

sageridder

Well I would love to see this OINKhole locked in a room and made to listen to doo wop by Hanson for the rest of his life.From what I've on a few sites he's been doing this for a few years, claiming to be a younger sister selling her brothers collection, a student in need of funds, and many others, most dissgusting of all a victim of recent events.But he's been smart enough so far to not make any deals so he's not breaking any laws by scamming people, just a pathetic loser spamming many many boards.It's kinda sad really wishing he had friends and wishing he wasn't a loner alone in his mom's basement stroking his o so small penis.Danny Cheung go ahead and spam away we feel sorry for you oink oink oink oinking loser.I only hope that publicly claiming to be the co owner of starcitygames pushes your crap into the relm that police acctually charge you with something you piece of oink.

Maybe I need Duke back he often convinces me not to post posts like this.

S

sageridder

A quote from another board.
Hey guys-

This isn't a joke. This guy has been perpetrating scams, and scamming MTG collectors for YEARS. At various times since 2003, I have received e-mails from him claiming to be a little girl selling her brother's card collection while he was at school, or asking to sell 5000 dual lands for $1000. We have discussed him numerous times on the MTG library rarities forum.

No matter who he claims to be, the phone # is always the same.

I have made a formal complaint with the US FTC for his abuse and attempted fraud, but because he never took any money from me, there really isn't much more that I can do besides spread the word about him.

And I have called the number. Once, his mom answered, and I don't think she speaks any English. She went and got him, and I screamed at him for a while and then hung up. He hasn't spammed me personally since, but he is still posting all over the place.

He wouldn't be doing it unless someone fell for it every once in a while.

If someone really has his home address, and legal representation, everything possible should be done to nail this guy.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So it's orgg's fault he's here? ;)

I haven't noticed the guest uptick; I'm too busy banning and then deleting to get the crap off the site. At least he seems to be here when I'm here so I can take care of it quickly...

N

Notepad

Aw, don't blame Mr. Orgg. This is pretty funny that the idiot would release his home phone number like that. It seems he'd be open to all sorts of strange prank calls after this, which would drive his mom in sane. I mean, if the feds ain't gonna get him, maybe some annoyed spam victims should, Crank Yankers style, eh?

I've never gotten anything from him. Fortunately. Maybe because I don't post so much. Haha!

B

BigBlue

I have a question... do you require an email address when you register? (by sending the initial password there...)

I know it's easy to set up hokey email addresses, but at least you'd cause work for him to do it.... and maybe then he'd stop...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I have no idea... it's been five years since I registered. I think you're supposed to supply one, though.

M

mtg_wizards_cheung

Content edited out because the user is a pinhead. - Ist.

M

mtg_wizards_cheung

And doesn't understand the way the reply button works. - Ist.

B

BigBlue

That is AWESOME.... He is spamming the thread talking about his lameness.... I haven't had a better laugh in ages... to top it off he has a typo in the subject and now the P9 is only $125! I'll take 2...

S

sageridder

OMFG I started laughing so hard I almost choked on my soda.When this round gets deleted maybe the mods should leave the ones in this thread to show future readers what an asshat this loser is.