D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess Level 2

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You climb through the trap door and find yourself in a 30' square room with the trap door in the center. It seems to be a watch tower; six windows overlook the surrounding countryside. A stone statue of a guard stands looking out each window. A door is the lower east wall.

Doing the standard checks, no one finds anything of import in the room.

Attachments

T

train

Si'nat

(Are we still using torch light?...)

(after everyone settles supplies...)

"Well guys - let's see what's in store for us...)

D

DarthFerret

Try listening at the door as everyone else explores....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Bertrem doesn't hear anything at the door so Rondo opens it. As soon as he does, bright lights flood the hallway. You see three swords fighting each other, as if being held by invisible men.

T

train

Si'Nat

(But there are only swords and no people?...)

"Anyone care to dance with the blades?"

D

DarthFerret

Toss something in between them and see what they do.....(be ready to close the door fairly quickly though...)

T

train

Si'Nat

(Prepares and tosses a dagger in the middle of them...)

"here we go..."

T

train

Si'Nat

(Was there any major change in position of the sword?... or are they still floating in air?...)

"Well - the swords seem real enough..."

(Will try to move close enough to grab one of the handles...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
They're still fighting each other; the dagger more or less just got into between them.

Si'Nat carefully maneuvers himself so he can touch one. The instant he does, the swords disappear and the dagger appears in the center of the hallway instead of near the wall where it was.

The hallway is 30' long going north and ends at a door. Using a turn to listen at the door, no one hears anything.

T

train

Si'Nat

"What the heck man...?!..."

(Here i honestly thought I may have found a "charmed" sword...)

"guess I'll check for traps, etc..."

(picks up the dagger and heads on...)

T

train

Si'Nat

(opens the door, ready to cast a spell...)

"come out, come out... "

B

BigBlue

Hmmm.... I've heard of illusions before.... was there any sound to go with the fighting swords? or only the image?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The sound was there...

Si'Nat opens the door and sees a corridor going east for 10', then stairs going down.

** Updated map to come, my HD got wiped and I have to find that program I was using on the web again...