D&D 3.5 game run by RXI, Prepare for Silemitas

P

Prince RXI

That's right, I'm gonna run a D&D game, 3.5 version here since it's what I'm more comfortable playing with and I've had this world brewed for years...

Campaign: "Finding the Truth of Lost Time: Silemitas Chronicles"

This campaign is 100% home-made and carries with it alot of slight alterations of some of the more fundamental rulings of the game.

Style: D&D 3.5 rules and books, a list of which ones I will allow to be used shall follow (Expect most of them since I've GOT most of em XD)... with a small twist on some of the rules, which I will release once we've gotten the sign-up done.

Players: I will start the game with hopefully 5 or 6 players, but will start with a minimum of 4 if I must.

Current Sign-ups:
Train
Oversoul
MooseMan
Spidy

Please post here if you're interested in joining us on this fairly unique adventure ^_^

Prince RXI, Dungeon Master specializing in specialness... >:D

T

train

I'm on-board, who else...

gotta wait and see what Prince's allowed books and rules are to determine my character's stuff once this gets rolling...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I don't have any D&D books, but I do work in a library and I do have the internet, so if there's something in particular I should get access to, I might be able to do that, but I'm not positive or anything. And I haven't played D&D for a while excepting Spidey's campaign here. I did play 3.0 and 3.5 once upon a time...

If that's okay, I'm in.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I know almost nothing of 3.X, but I played 3nd for many, many years
If I can just role-play and let the DM worry about the mechanics that would be cool. I do the set, I guess, with help.
Are there any online resources for this version?

T

train

Wizards has a bunch on what they call the open gaming license... but we need to see what Prince has in mind...

P

Prince RXI

Books I've got:

Arms and Equipment Guide
Book of Exalted Deeds
Book of Vile Darkness
City Scape
Complete Adventurer
Complete Arcane
Complete Divine
Complete Psionics
Complete Warrior
Draconomicon
Dungeon Master's Guide 1 & 2
Extended Psionics
Magic Item Compendium
Monster's Manual I - IV
Player's Handbook 1 & 2
Savage Species
Spell Compendium
Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Swords
Tome of Magic
Unearthed Arcana
Weapons of Legacy (Used sparingly)

Campaign start level 2 (level 1 starts always make me sad for some reason)

I can also get access to a PDF of most all other D&D 3.0 and 3.5 books if required. Ask me before going into unlisted ones though...

Banned books:
Tome of Exotic Pleasure... sickos -_-

T

train

So we have me, Mooseman, Oversoul, and assuming spidey - though he's been out a couple days now...

Can we go multi-class, etc. And if we are starting at Level 2 - do you want to provide the dice rolls for us to then choose how we would want to apply them and possibly determine classes, etc.?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'll roll for you guys!!!!!!!!

*Ransac rolls a bunch of d1's, screaming something about the moths in his ears.*

Ooo..... 1's all around for everyone.... that's gotta bite...

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

Ransac - aren't you gonna play...

we could use a lead hobbit... uh, I mean lead rabbit...

:cool:

P

Prince RXI

XD nah. my brother laughs that I play the game in the first place...

and as for multi-classing, that's allowed as I don't penalize for it in any way. Just be prepared for it not giving the highest bonuses possible later on XD

classes are all up to you guys, if you want, I'll roll the numbers for you myself and send em to you in pm

I usually have a DMPC with the party, always there to fill in the nook that's been left empty... no healer? that's em... no tank? the dmpc will do, no DD? wtf is wrong with you, damage dealers are the fun things >.>

P

Prince RXI

Signups will end today at 6pm est.

I will be posting the character generation materials as well as giving out the dice rolls for your characters (those will be PM'd though XD)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Prince RXI;288414 said:
XD nah. my brother laughs that I play the game in the first place...
Since that was in response to Train in response to Ransac, does that mean you have the misfortune of having Ransac as a brother? I can't imagine the horror...

P

Prince RXI

... *slaps Oversoul...*

heh... I thought everyone knew that... yes... yes we are brothers

*ahem*

if you would all check your visitor messages, that's why I put your rolls and contact XD

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You know I'm in, my schedule is pretty short because of the holidays and stuff. I'll only be here Monday-Wednesday for the next couple of weeks.

I got my stat rolls - thanks.

Those books look intimidating - I'm like Mooseman, I'll just set up my guy and play...

So what exactly do you need from us, Prince RXI? I assume you want to know where the stat rolls go and probably our name, race, and class... anything else? Or do we just generate a character on our own using your stat rolls? I guess the question is how involved in the character creation do you want us, the players, to be?

P

Prince RXI

well... I'd LIKE full character sheets from you guys, but that's really up to you guys, since i trust ya :p

P

Prince RXI

and on that note... the campaign's background:

This world I first made 6 years ago and have been forging it ever since :p

Please choose your nation of birth and adjust your character sheets according to the specific changes each gives.

WELCOME! Welcome to the world of Silemitas, Blue world under the light of 5 moons, Silver Moon Lunaritis, White Moon Coasin, Black Moon Valdor, Green Moon Nemita, and the Red Moon of Corigal.

Each of the Countries names itself after the moon which always resides over it. And each could not be more different.

Lunaritis is the land of both Plants and Machines. +1 con, +1 int, must be of Neutral alignment: NG, LN, N, CN, NE, bonus feat at level 1, -1 skill point per level.
Coasin is the land of both Thunder and Crop. +2 dex, -2 con, +5 base speed
Valdor is the land of Might... both Physical and magical. +1int, +1 Str, -1 con
Nemita is the land of Wildlife and Beauty. +1 con, +1wis, +1 chr, -2 str
Corigal is the land of Fire and War. +1wis, -1 dex, Bonus Domain: War to Clerics

A steady Reign of Peace has been lain over the 5 lands for over two thousand years, with each so intermingled that the only thing that keeps the lands completely seperate... are the World Gourges: Massive cassims that reach many thousands of feet down into the earth. Travel between the lands are possible by only 3 paths: The flying masses of land which move slowly between the gourges at a rate of one full round pass a day, by magic, and by the ships which the gnomes have made, their Gnomish Zepplins.

While fighting between the lands has not been of problem, the threat coming for the undiscovered side of the world has been... and boy what troubles those bring.

the basis of the world is that each land is self-sufficient, there is no war, but rather constant defense from the undiscovered side, by many different kinds of dangers.

course, this doesn't mean that everything is safe on the lands, oh hell no... there are always problems with cults, hidden ruins a-plenty *but these are usually on the side of the gourges

all compete for the top position, which is each land's ruling spot. every 10 years 5 noble families are selected from each country. They compete in a grand contest known as the Silemitan Conquest.

*note: the lands do not compete against eachother, it's interior contest*

and, wierdly so, there are 5 seasons as well, each symbolized by a different moon glowing brighter than the rest during it's season

Summer, followed by Fall, then Winter, then Sorth, and finally Spring. Sorth is when the snow melts but the trees remain bare.

The Silemitan Conquest is held every 10 years, but 5 times that year: once for each land.
each time is when the Moon above said land glows brightest.

2 of the lands have also made tunnels through the mountain and made ports, but only for travel and trade between them, those lands are Corigal and Valdor.

The known world is shaped like a circle, with 5 divisions leading to the center of it all and surrounded by MASSIVELY tretcherous mountains, and ocean as far as the eye can see beyond.

The current rulers of each land are:

Lunaritis is ruled by the Viliticie family. The current head of which is Casimeem Viliticie, whom rules with a kind heart and soft voice. They have won the past 30 Silemitan Conquests of Lunaritis.
Coasin is ruled by the Orimlo family. The current head of which is Resi Orimlo, whom rules with an indominable will and loud voice. They have won the past 12 Silemitan Conquests of Coasin.
Valdor is ruled by the Yasiko family. The current head of which is actually not an original member of the Yasiko family but married the head's first daughter before his death, is Nimino Bistime, whom rules with a solid gaze and a stiff voice. They have won only the last Silemitan Conquest of Valdor and are fairly inexperienced.
Nemita is ruled by the Michen family. The current head of which is Michon Michen, whom rules with a soft heart and peaceful intent. They have won the past 13 Silemitan Conquests of Nemitas save for the one 4 times past.
Corigal is ruled by the Synimas family. The current head of which is Fyrien Synimas, whom rules with a firey temper and even more so voice. They have won the past 4 Silemitan Conquests of Coriga

History:

Lunaritis:
Land has been ruled over by many families, though all of those families had one thing in common... each and every one of them was natural born werewolves. The wisdom gained by these "Unnatural naturals" has done wonders for Lunaritis.

The land of Lunaritis is littered with machines and relics of Lost Time all along the World Gourge crevasses, though this land is the ONLY one which does not have ruins apon their faces of the gourge, but rather are on the land itself.

The capital city of Sinimas is located 200 miles from the Ring Mountains and directly below the Silver Moon enwhich the land takes it's name from. Lunaritis celebrates it's Silemitan Conquest during Spring and is the last land to have it's conquest for the chosen year.

Coasin:
Land has been ruled over the years by many different people, but usually has been by Humans. The rule of humans has caused Coasin to practice MANY different crafts and has lead to the creation of a Black Market for rare and dangerous items and creatures. The sounds of thunder and sights of lightning are common and have been guarded against by the many lightning towers standing which have been since Lost Time.

A soft hum has always been audible within the capital city of Fin De' Crivan, under the White Moon. Fin De' Crivan is located 40 miles south of the Ring Mountains Pass, a man-made tunnel through the mountains to one of only two ports on the Continent: Port Stride. Coasin celebrates it's Silemitan Conquest during Sorth and is usually the target to the most gambling and bets.

Nemita:
Land has been ruled over by 5 different families in the time after Lost Time. All of which have the blood of Fey creatures flowing through them. Due to the massive forests and variety of plains, swamps, and rivers, Nemita is the major producer of herbs, medical and spices alike. Very little technology of the Lost Times lays apon Nemitas, though they have the most apon their World Gourge faces.

The capital of Nemita is actually a massive tree which has been shaped and grown through magic to have hollows large enough to hold 4 houses in each comfortably. The boughs have been empowered and forged by the light of the Green Moon above it. The Nemitan Silemitan Conquest happens during Autumn and usually has one event to see how long a family can keep a tree from losing any leaves, as well as a beauty contest.

Valdor:
Land has been rules over by many families, each of which can trace it's roots back to Metallic Dragons, for many of their draconic ancestors still live to this day and take activity with their desendants. Due to their draconic heritage, most Valdorians are obsessed with strength and power, going so far as to be as ruthless and showoffish as humanly (dragonly?) possible. They are jealous scholars, competative athletes, and ruthless merchants. Only their clergy has escaped such taint. Ancient technology is always under the watchful eye of the clergy in order to maintain that no civilian tried to take such for himself, for fear of the possible destruction.

The capital of Valdor is a city and a labrinth in one known as Kierule built directly under the light of the Black Moon. The city is located 15 miles east of the Ring Mountain Passway, a man-made tunnel directly through the mountains which leads through to the only other port on the continent: Port Dark Fire. Valdor celebrates it's Silemitan Conquest in the Dead of Winter.

Corigal:
Land ruled by many different familes during it's history, usually gnomes or dwarves. Whenever the dwarves are in charge, the land thrives towards weapons of war... tanks, blast sticks(rifles), and cannons. When the gnomes are in charge, the land thrives towards massive technological improvements, current improvements include freezers, gnomish zepplins, and steam engines for travel. Once every year the Corigal people (Corish) invite many clerics from Valdor over to held with fatalities during their "War Games".

The Capital of Corigal is a veritable fortress of mechanics (Think FFVI's Vector) and comforts built below the Red Moon. Corigal celebration of the Silemitan Conquest lays usually on the hottest day of Summer.

T

train

K - I will finish building my character from the sheets noted and we can see what we do next...

For everyone's note - I'm running a Fighter/Cleric.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Not quite sure about everything and trying to get info from places in a 300+ page book when it's a PDF is surprisingly more tedious than when it's an actual physical book, but I think I've found what I was supposed to find. Anyway I'll send you a PM with what I have so far...

P

Prince RXI

if you can, please have your characters done by noon the 26th XD also, contact me about your starting gold, kinda an odd bonus depending on the characters